Breaking News - No More Arrival Times.

Steelers36

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not on your life.  A year from now someone will post asking where did the Arrival Groups go in the Princess App (only they will call it the Medallion App).

PS - We're still getting coffee card questions.

What no coffee card anymore?  😂😂😂

I couldn’t resist.

They still don’t address the Elite check in area.  No mention of it.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2023 at 8:22 PM, Steelers36 said:

I wonder.  I should have posted that during the webinar period as they may have noticed it.  It does seem they need a wake-up call over there.

We sailed from Southampton on 1 July. Turned up at 1030 (90 mins earlier than the app time we had been allocated) and we were on board drinking Prosecco with in 15 minutes of being dropped off at the port! All they wanted at check in was our passports.

• Like 1

The article I just read from Cruise Hive shows that there will be three status levels for check-in. Green Lane, Blue Lane, and Accessibility Lane.

Green Lane for those who have completed Medallion App requirements and have had their Medallions sent to them before embarkation day.

Blue lane for those that have or have not completed app requirements but did not have their Medallions shipped to them.

Accessibility Lane is self-explanatory.

The article does not mention Elite priority embarkation at all. It also does not mention if there is a charge for having the medallions shipped. We have always picked them up at the port, so I don't know about a charge for that. 

Here is a link to the article: https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-details-new-embarkation-procedure/106468 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:42 AM, gah_cruise said:

what is PES....why all these bleeding abbreviations on this site...DW DH DS DB MDR GS WHGAF

This and every other site.  Gotta learn the lingo. 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

The article I just read from Cruise Hive shows that there will be three status levels for check-in. Green Lane, Blue Lane, and Accessibility Lane.

Green Lane for those who have completed Medallion App requirements and have had their Medallions sent to them before embarkation day.

Blue lane for those that have or have not completed app requirements but did not have their Medallions shipped to them.

Accessibility Lane is self-explanatory.

The article does not mention Elite priority embarkation at all. It also does not mention if there is a charge for having the medallions shipped. We have always picked them up at the port, so I don't know about a charge for that. 

Here is a link to the article: https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-details-new-embarkation-procedure/106468 

This is basically a re-write and stripped from information presented by Carmen Roig at a regular TA webinar that was held last week. 

The lanes are not status levels - those words were not in the article, but I would agree that the article seems to imply this a bit using the word "tier".  But that doesn't mean status.

It's also much ado about nothing in a way since the Arrival Time plan has been a non-event for many many months (apparently Southampton port has been an outlier at times).  Guests have been able to arrive and check-in when convenient for them pretty much since the re-launch. 

What is new is the re-design of the App's boarding pass page.  The article did not include any photos, but some are included in this thread.  That said, they were basically illegible during the webinar. 

The webinar also had no mention of Elite, Suite, Platinum priority check-in and boarding.  IMO, it should have been mentioned and also how that is going to work with this new scheme.  I have emailed Carmen Roig with some pertinent questions in this area and she had said she will get back to me after consulting with someone else about the procedures.  I would not worry - there will still be priority boarding for eligible guests who arrive at the terminal prior to general boarding.  (Realize that after boarding has begun and the terminal waiting areas emptied, there really is no priority nor need for it as guests quickly check-in and immediately head onto the ship.  That said, I would still expect to see some agents dedicated to Suites and Elites as before).

The Blue Lane used to be for guests who have incomplete check-in process and need additional servicing, such as information, credit card, security photo (although that is done on the ship AFAIK).  It was never for those who just need to pick-up Medallion.  I don't see why they want to hold up guests who only need a Medallion and otherwise Green - unless they are trying to get more people to pay $10 or get pushed into the packages.  Let's see how it works out.  A report of this procedure already in practice at T2 in Port Everglades seemed okay for someone who was at the terminal by 9:30am.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

This is basically a re-write and stripped from information presented by Carmen Roig at a regular TA webinar that was held last week. 

The lanes are not status levels - those words were not in the article, but I would agree that the article seems to imply this a bit using the word "tier".  But that doesn't mean status.

It's also much ado about nothing in a way since the Arrival Time plan has been a non-event for many many months (apparently Southampton port has been an outlier at times).  Guests have been able to arrive and check-in when convenient for them pretty much since the re-launch. 

What is new is the re-design of the App's boarding pass page.  The article did not include any photos, but some are included in this thread.  That said, they were basically illegible during the webinar. 

The webinar also had no mention of Elite, Suite, Platinum priority check-in and boarding.  IMO, it should have been mentioned and also how that is going to work with this new scheme.  I have emailed Carmen Roig with some pertinent questions in this area and she had said she will get back to me after consulting with someone else about the procedures.  I would not worry - there will still be priority boarding for eligible guests who arrive at the terminal prior to general boarding.  (Realize that after boarding has begun and the terminal waiting areas emptied, there really is no priority nor need for it as guests quickly check-in and immediately head onto the ship.  That said, I would still expect to see some agents dedicated to Suites and Elites as before).

The Blue Lane used to be for guests who have incomplete check-in process and need additional servicing, such as information, credit card, security photo (although that is done on the ship AFAIK).  It was never for those who just need to pick-up Medallion.  I don't see why they want to hold up guests who only need a Medallion and otherwise Green - unless they are trying to get more people to pay $10 or get pushed into the packages.  Let's see how it works out.  A report of this procedure already in practice at T2 in Port Everglades seemed okay for someone who was at the terminal by 9:30am.

I think it is more to streamline those who have their medallion   There is no need to go to a counter. Just walk up to one of the podiums and scan passport and medallion and get on the ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I think it is more to streamline those who have their medallion   There is no need to go to a counter. Just walk up to one of the podiums and scan passport and medallion and get on the ship

Ahh.. new info.  So they have installed some self-serve podiums.  Now, you are on west coast, so have you seen these in SEA or LA - or were you in FL?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Ahh.. new info.  So they have installed some self-serve podiums.  Now, you are on west coast, so have you seen these in SEA or LA - or were you in FL?

That was in Florida.  In Seattle it was a mess and there were no lanes or elite checkin lines

On 7/14/2023 at 3:11 PM, PacnGoNow said:

And Dear wife, Dear husband, Dear Son or sister, Dear brother, Main Din Room,

General Sales, not sure of the last one.

Always check the context of the sentence. Helps to understand.

BUZZER!!! GS = Guest Services.

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2023 at 8:33 PM, Steelers36 said:

I don't see why they want to hold up guests who only need a Medallion and otherwise Green - unless they are trying to get more people to pay $10 or get pushed into the packages.  Let's see how it works out.  A report of this procedure already in practice at T2 in Port Everglades seemed okay for someone who was at the terminal by 9:30am.

Oh my, we thought we'd go ahead and pick up our medallions at the port this time but we need to rethink this. Perhaps faster to embark if we get them shipped to us. 

1 hour ago, Napagirl said:

Oh my, we thought we'd go ahead and pick up our medallions at the port this time but we need to rethink this. Perhaps faster to embark if we get them shipped to us. 

Getting them shipped prior to sailing *might* save you 2 minutes at check in....Don't worry about it *either way*.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Napagirl said:

I'd only be concerned if Elite and boarding in PE, FL, and want to try and secure Sanctuary.  Otherwise, not every second counts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Yet in true Princess will be Princess fashion, just got an email today to make sure to choose our arrival times. 

We sail 16 Sept and I did ours yesterday - didn’t get and email to prompt but happened to be looking at the app and it let me do it. No QR code generated though (and we are Green Lane) so guessing the functionality just hasn’t been disabled yet. Got 11:30 group but might risk it and turn up earlier! 

2 minutes ago, Martha1974 said:

We sail 16 Sept and I did ours yesterday - didn’t get and email to prompt but happened to be looking at the app and it let me do it. No QR code generated though (and we are Green Lane) so guessing the functionality just hasn’t been disabled yet. Got 11:30 group but might risk it and turn up earlier! 

You can definitely show up earlier, whatever time works for you.

Don’t worry about it.  

27 minutes ago, Martha1974 said:

It's not August 1st yet.  Need to have a new version of App implemented first.

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd only be concerned if Elite and boarding in PE, FL, and want to try and secure Sanctuary.  Otherwise, not every second counts.

Just show up early. You can still check in, find a seat in the elite lounge and be in the first boarding group as far as I can tell. A couple of minutes less of sitting in the lounge is not so bad.

• Like 2