Transferring from personal cruise planner to travel agent.

EllieinNJ

Yesterday I put a hold on a reservation be ause my TA was off.  Today I called her to finish the reservation and she told me since I made it I would have to finish it myself and then request to have it transferred to her.

I was now contacted by a Princess cruise consultant to finish the reservation.  If I use him can I still have it transferred to my TA?

56 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Yesterday I put a hold on a reservation be ause my TA was off.  Today I called her to finish the reservation and she told me since I made it I would have to finish it myself and then request to have it transferred to her.

I was now contacted by a Princess cruise consultant to finish the reservation.  If I use him can I still have it transferred to my TA?

Unless there was a price change or promo that ended, why not just have your TA make a ‘new’ reservation? If it is an issue about a particular cabin, have your TA make a reservation, then cancel your hold, then have your TA grab the newly released cabin, helps if you have a 3 way call.

I believe the transfer request form has stipulation of request must be made within 60 days of booking AND not paid in full, but why go thru this hassle of submitting transfer request form?

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Transfer requests will be the next thing to become a thing of the past.  You gonna dance with who brought ya.

Booking on board you only have the option of the booking going to the TA whom you used for that sailing or Princess. Seems Princess should still allow you to move to another agency if not within final, but it’s their playground/rules.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Booking on board you only have the option of the booking going to the TA whom you used for that sailing or Princess. Seems Princess should still allow you to move to another agency if not within final, but it’s their playground/rules.

The time limit has been 60 days for some time now (years).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

I don't know but why bother?  Just contact your TA tomorrow and give them the booking.

Can't do it that easily anymore.  Have to complete a form to effect a transfer.

Unless you meant to cancel and re-book?

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Yes.  But you don't need a PCL CVP.  Just get a rep.  What do you want to finish?  Put down a deposit?  If I have had to do a self-book on Princess.com, I just use a hold option and get it taken over by TA.  Or, better yet, use the TA's booking page to make own reservation (if they have one).

30 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.  But you don't need a PCL CVP.  Just get a rep.  What do you want to finish?  Put down a deposit?  If I have had to do a self-book on Princess.com, I just use a hold option and get it taken over by TA.  Or, better yet, use the TA's booking page to make own reservation (if they have one).

less than .01% ...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I tried to do that but my TA said once I get a booking # from Princess I have to put down the deposit first.  The computer was asking for $800 but I have 2 FCDs I want to use.  I guess I have to call Princess first.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I tried to do that but my TA said once I get a booking # from Princess I have to put down the deposit first.  The computer was asking for $800 but I have 2 FCDs I want to use.  I guess I have to call Princess first.

I made that mistake once (putting a hold on a reservation without saying I wanted to use my FCD.  I then tried to give it to my TA.  It was a few years ago so I don't remember how it was solved.

51 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Can't do it that easily anymore.  Have to complete a form to effect a transfer.

Unless you meant to cancel and re-book?

I didn't totally think it through but I meant why bother with the Princess rep.  Either book online and go through the steps to transfer or if the next day when they speak with their TA if things didn't change then they could cancel the hold and book with the TA.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I recently put a cruise on hold because my TA wasn't available.  She was unable to take over the booking because I started it.  She just started a new booking and I let the time run out on my hold.  I was under the assumption that if it was just on hold a TA could finish the booking, but obviously not.

Well it must be a change of some sort.  Last year I know I did one of my re-fares by calling into a PCL rep and having them create a new booking on courtesy hold (I called in so I could make it in USD).  I then wrote TA who was off that day and gave him the info to do his thing.  Sorry, I don't recall if he was able to do a re-fare with that one or it was a cancel/re-book (I made about 8 cruise fare changes for our four voyages last Fall that I forget how each one was done).  

I know I had a number of cancel/re-books and had to be sure our FCD's had not expired so they could be immediately re-used on the new booking. 

1 hour ago, sabookkeeper said:

I recently put a cruise on hold because my TA wasn't available.  She was unable to take over the booking because I started it.  She just started a new booking and I let the time run out on my hold.  I was under the assumption that if it was just on hold a TA could finish the booking, but obviously not.

Yes!  This is exactly what happened to me.  But unfortunately today my cabin is $100 more pp than yesterday than when I booked it.  I've been on hold for about 20 minutes now with Princess.  Hope they answer soon.

Here's the scenario I'm working on to help a friend.  They are waitlist with Princess because the big box travel agency doesn't do waitlists. A deposit was placed and a waitlisted booking number was created. Can this be transferred to the TA after it clears the wait list or is the clock ticking from today when they started the waitlist? 

6 hours ago, wallyj said:

Unless there was a price change or promo that ended, why not just have your TA make a ‘new’ reservation? If it is an issue about a particular cabin, have your TA make a reservation, then cancel your hold, then have your TA grab the newly released cabin, helps if you have a 3 way call.

I believe the transfer request form has stipulation of request must be made within 60 days of booking AND not paid in full, but why go thru this hassle of submitting transfer request form?

This ☝️