Flightease seat selection?

worldlady

I have always been able to select my seats (American &Delta) as soon as I booked my tickets.  I always book flexible fares.  I can see my seats on the airline’s app as soon as I book.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I have always been able to select my seats (American &Delta) as soon as I booked my tickets.  I always book flexible fares.  I can see my seats on the airline’s app as soon as I book.

Same for us.  We fly American and select our seats on flight-ease but I think if you do not select at that time, you have to wait for your flight to be ticketed (HAL pays airline) before you can select on the airline site or app. 

We have a situation with Viking.  We have paid in full but Viking has not yet paid the airlines so we can’t pick seats.   Viking doesn’t allow you to pick on their site.  

Just now, Gigi1977 said:

Same for us.  We fly American and select our seats on flight-ease but I think if you do not select at that time, you have to wait for your flight to be ticketed (HAL pays airline) before you can select on the airline site or app. 

We have a situation with Viking.  We have paid in full but Viking has not yet paid the airlines so we can’t pick seats.   Viking doesn’t allow you to pick on their site.  

You can select on the site at any time.  I have noticed lately they don’t always offer a full seat selection.  I am waiting to be ticketed so I can buy the comfort upgrade. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately depending on how Flight Ease booked you and especially if flying to Europe no matter the airline you may not be able to pick you seats. It is becoming more and more common that that option is not available as well as once it is ticketed the airline also will not allow it. This is most common with British Airways, Air Canada and any European airline. But it can also happen with United, American and Delta. Yes many have been able to select seats but do not be surprised that come close to the flight or day of the flight you seats totally change. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Unfortunately depending on how Flight Ease booked you and especially if flying to Europe no matter the airline you may not be able to pick you seats. It is becoming more and more common that that option is not available as well as once it is ticketed the airline also will not allow it. This is most common with British Airways, Air Canada and any European airline. But it can also happen with United, American and Delta. Yes many have been able to select seats but do not be surprised that come close to the flight or day of the flight you seats totally change. 

I haven’t used FE in a while but have always been able to pay for a premium seat NOT to move class but to move seat.  Is that not still possible 

22 hours ago, Mary229 said:

You can select on the site at any time.  I have noticed lately they don’t always offer a full seat selection.  I am waiting to be ticketed so I can buy the comfort upgrade. 

Good luck with trying to upgrade, my thread is out there, can’t upgrade on Delta, even with Delta agent and my TA trying for me. But I was able to select original seats as soon as booked.

Edited by Ellencruise

11 minutes ago, Ellencruise said:

Good luck with trying to upgrade, my thread is out there, can’t upgrade on Delta, even with Delta agent and my TA trying for me. But I was able to select original seats as soon as booked.

Delta has a different system than AA.  Delta actually sells a comfort class.  AA sells two grades of economy.  FE does not use the first grade.  Once you have that then you “buy” certain seats.  

41 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Delta has a different system than AA.  Delta actually sells a comfort class.  AA sells two grades of economy.  FE does not use the first grade.  Once you have that then you “buy” certain seats.  

I have comfort. I was offered Delta one on the app but can’t buy it. Was told to try at terminal

21 minutes ago, Ellencruise said:

I have comfort. I was offered Delta one on the app but can’t buy it. Was told to try at terminal

In the past have had both Delta and America and even at the airport they would not allow to upgrade even if available. As I stated before the airline does not see the price paid by Flight Ease so has no way to price it for you. My last several personal flights I just bought first class from Flight Ease up front so I would not have to play the game later but I know of others first hand that were able to. I think it has been more frequent that it is harder to upgrade once you have booked regular economy with Flight Ease because of the pricing code used.

We have October Flight Ease flights from Tokyo to USA on Air Canada. We booked a Flexible Fare.

We were not able to pick seats via Flight Ease or Air Canada after making the reservations.  

We were able to make seat reservations after making final payment for the cruise/air.  We asked the TA to proceed with ticketing air once we made final payment.  After that, we were able to book seats.  

Enjoy the Oosterdam....We had a blast on her this past March/April....and look forward to cruising on her again this April!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We have October Flight Ease flights from Tokyo to USA on Air Canada. We booked a Flexible Fare.

We were not able to pick seats via Flight Ease or Air Canada after making the reservations.  

We were able to make seat reservations after making final payment for the cruise/air.  We asked the TA to proceed with ticketing air once we made final payment.  After that, we were able to book seats.  

Enjoy the Oosterdam....We had a blast on her this past March/April....and look forward to cruising on her again this April!

On Rotterdam coming up. On Oosterdam next June. I think we’re were on the same cruise in Mar, yes O is great!

20 minutes ago, Ellencruise said:

I think we’re were on the same cruise in Mar, yes O is great!

That would be the "over the top" fun, great 19 night Santiago to Fort Lauderdale cruise in March 2023...loved the Oosterdam....Still enjoying our South American coffee and Ecuadorian "Panama hat"!!!!  

Good times.

I was allowed to select my seats on Qantas but then when we paid in full there were no seats with our names attached. Does not seem very fair. I have a long flight and would lime to be on a two seater.  Is it the European airlines that will not allow you to select seats?  Why not?