Useless CVP

BobAnne

Important note: I am aware that specific CVPs cannot be recommended on this board.

My CVP is beyond useless. How do I go about getting a new one or having someone assigned to me that actually returns calls/emails? (Sorry, if I sound itchy but this guy drives me nuts and we are about to lose the cabin we wanted due to his lack of follow-up and general frustration with the core CSRs.)

7 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

Important note: I am aware that specific CVPs cannot be recommended on this board.

My CVP is beyond useless. How do I go about getting a new one or having someone assigned to me that actually returns calls/emails? (Sorry, if I sound itchy but this guy drives me nuts and we are about to lose the cabin we wanted due to his lack of follow-up and general frustration with the core CSRs.)

Find a travel agent - or just tell them that you've found a travel agent you would prefer to work with.

Luck of the draw.  Some CVP/TAs just know how to navigate certain cruise lines, Princess in this case, better.  I was about to throw in the towel two weeks ago because i couldnt find a TA that could book 2 under 21YOs in their own cabin.  Tried 1 last random TA out of the blue and he had both cabins booked correctly in under an hour.  

I know thats not a ton of help other than to keep trying, but when i did call that last TA, i explained to him exactly what we were trying to do up front and he started going into exactly how he knew how to do it and how it did it in the past.  Immediately knew he was my guy.

thx

• Like 1

On your next cruise ask everyone you talk to if they have a good CVP. If they do, ask for their name. That's how I found my new CVP when my prior excellent CVP retired. I contacted her and asked if she could be my CVP and that was it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The first CVP I had was terrible about returning calls, so I called in was assigned someone else. This new guy has been great. I always get a better price than what is listed on the interweb and he has been great about repricing cruises when the fare drops.

• Like 2

I agree, call and get another CVP. 

Next cruise - go to the meet and great and ask for CVP  recommendations. Thats what I did 100+ sea days ago and have been happy ever since.  My only concern is my CVP might change jobs.  If so, I have received several recommendations for good CVP's from friends at the meet and greet - just in case I need them. 

• Like 2

On a somewhat related subject

When I asked [via email] my assigned CVP if he would make a booking for me with the same OBC offered by a national TA [per their website and confirmed by a 24-hour HOLD booking to my account], his response was [in an email] that per a Princess rule "we're not allowed to compete with our outside agencies."  Has this been your experience

Given that the cabin fare, taxes, and insurance are identical with the TA, why would I want to book with the CVP and give up OBC that I could otherwise have

The TA booking has since expired and I am waiting to see if the CVP comes back with a booking containing the requested OBC but unsure if he has "written me off" and moved on to other potential customers.  He has previously admonished me for looking at outside TA's because of all the great deals and service he can provide but so far, he has done virtually nil. 

2 hours ago, LBCABob said:

When I asked [via email] my assigned CVP if he would make a booking for me with the same OBC offered by a national TA [per their website and confirmed by a 24-hour HOLD booking to my account], his response was [in an email] that per a Princess rule "we're not allowed to compete with our outside agencies."  Has this been your experience

YES they won't even offer a smaller OBC so I don't use a CVP anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LBCABob said:

Given that the cabin fare, taxes, and insurance are identical with the TA, why would I want to book with the CVP and give up OBC that I could otherwise have

The TA booking has since expired and I am waiting to see if the CVP comes back with a booking containing the requested OBC but unsure if he has "written me off" and moved on to other potential customers.  He has previously admonished me for looking at outside TA's because of all the great deals and service he can provide but so far, he has done virtually nil. 

During the restart, they were able to match perks offered through TAs but that is no longer the case.  
I stick with my CVP because she always does so much for us with our reservations.  I know I may be missing out on some OBC but I feel like I have total control over my bookings.  All I need to do is shoot off a quick email and all is taken care of pronto!  Piece of mind and favorable results sometimes equal more than extra OBC.  For all other cruiselines, I use a fabulous TA I found before the pandemic.  While most of my cruises are now on Princess, I still will contact the other TA from time to time.  I’ve sent a lot of referrals to her.  My CVP is way too busy to take on any new clients.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

My CVP is way too busy to take on any new clients.  

Has she told you that or is that your opinion? Just curious.  If she is truly too busy to take on new clients, I'm sure she could recommend another good CVP.

I would say try to get another one. There are at least 7 of us that I booked through one several months ago, and I am happy with her, although I have NOT heard from her, but since our cruise is not until February, I'm not worried. She has most of the important information about the different ones that are cruising, and she said once it gets closer to time, she will get the rest of the information. I will say when I first got her, I dialed another number, and they said if I did not get her, they would MAKE SURE I got another one, so if you haven't already, I would try calling again and make sure you speak to someone, or make sure you leave your phone number for them to call you back, as happened with me.

• Thanks 1

Have used a CVP a few times, never had one who was attentive or interested.  One offered me $100 OBC for a $15000 cruise.  Lol.  My response put your manager on line please.  Yep it was increased.

3 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Have used a CVP a few times, never had one who was attentive or interested.  One offered me $100 OBC for a $15000 cruise.  Lol.  My response put your manager on line please.  Yep it was increased.

Seems about normal for the Aus ones now days. Haven't had a decent one for years........