Sabatini’s is only option for specialty dining?

thedawgman

Hi all. New to Princess. My wife and I will be on the Royal Princess Alaskan cruise out of SEA on Aug 26th. In attempting to book speciality dining options, the only thing that comes up Sabatini’s. I’ve checked every night of the cruise and it’s the same situation… Sabatini’s is the only option.

Does anyone know what’s going on with this? Are they really only running one speciality restaurant on this cruise? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, thedawgman said:

Hi all. New to Princess. My wife and I will be on the Royal Princess Alaskan cruise out of SEA on Aug 26th. In attempting to book speciality dining options, the only thing that comes up Sabatini’s. I’ve checked every night of the cruise and it’s the same situation… Sabatini’s is the only option.

Does anyone know what’s going on with this? Are they really only running one speciality restaurant on this cruise? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I am on the Royal on Sept 9th and I have seen the same thing on the app.  One day last week Crown Grill was available for almost every time on every day so I was able to book 1 day.  Now it is back to Sabatini's only every day.  I plan on making my reservations once I am on board.  I haven't heard anything about Crown Grill being closed for any reason.  I think the app is just glitchy. 

• Like 2

We've seen the same thing on other ships and trips. CG seems to be much more popular and is often not available for pre-cruise bookings when Sabatini's, La Mer etc have availability.  That being said, whenever we have been unsuccessful booking pre-cruise, we simply head to the CG immediately upon boarding and book our desired times then and there. AFAIK, the specialty restaurants always keep a certain number of tables open for Embarkation Day bookings.

• Like 1

I suspect this is simply another glitch with the app.  Of course there are other restaurants available.  Try using the online "web version" of the app on a tablet or desktop/laptop.  It's MUCH easier to see the schedule and pick what you want (in my opinion).  I looked at trying to do a reservation ONCE on the app and gave up...I use the web version exclusively now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I suspect this is simply another glitch with the app.  Of course there are other restaurants available.  Try using the online "web version" of the app on a tablet or desktop/laptop.  It's MUCH easier to see the schedule and pick what you want (in my opinion).  I looked at trying to do a reservation ONCE on the app and gave up...I use the web version exclusively now.

I didn't realize this was possible on the web... The website directs you to the app for stuff like food reservations. What am I missing? I'd much prefer that.

Update: Answering my own question... There a link to the web version directly under the buttons for the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by thedawgman
Answering my own question...
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, thedawgman said:

Thanks.

You may have missed the window to book the Crown Grill. People who have the higher end Princess pack, get 2 specialty dinners I believe and the suite passengers get dinner free the first night.
Keep trying and maybe something will open up or try to book once you get onboard.
Good luck!

21 hours ago, thedawgman said:

Thanks.

We loved Sabatini's on the Royal earlier this year and after trying the Crown Grill twice on that cruise , were very disappointed with the food and service.  We had a suite and had breakfast at Sabatini's included which was also excellent.  No Crown Grill: no lose IMO.

And...keep in mind that even though the app/web may say there is no availability...there probably is.  They don't release every table to the reservation system in order to allow for walk-ups.  You may have to wait a few minutes...but I'd bet you can get a table once on the ship...but keep trying via the system!  That's a "sure thing".

• Like 1