Enchanted Princess

Schasz

Just booked on this ship leaving from Fort Lauderdale, FL in late January. I have been on 17 cruises with my wife as we reside in Lakewood Ranch, FL. Have not been on a cruise since Covid. My wife passed away on June 3rd. A friend of mine sent me info on this cruise and I said to myself why not. Looking forward to anyone that has been on this ship giving your advice. I did take one cruise on a Princess ship before...do not recall which one but enjoyed it

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Just booked on this ship leaving from Fort Lauderdale, FL in late January. I have been on 17 cruises with my wife as we reside in Lakewood Ranch, FL. Have not been on a cruise since Covid. My wife passed away on June 3rd. A friend of mine sent me info on this cruise and I said to myself why not. Looking forward to anyone that has been on this ship giving your advice. I did take one cruise on a Princess ship before...do not recall which one but enjoyed it

Our condolences on your loss and best wishes for your cruise.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Schasz said:

I can’t help with info about Enchanted Princess I’m afraid although I’m interested in hearing what she’s like.

I just wanted to say I’m really sorry to hear you lost your wife in June.

I’m pleased your friend sent you the info that has led to you go ‘why not’ & resuming cruising though. Sounds like a good friend 😊 

Hope you have a wonderful time! 

• Like 1

My wife and I were on the Enchanted twice last year, a total of 19 days.  We have been on most Princess ships and rate the Enchanted as the current #1. We were on the Sky last year as well, but Enchanted is slightly better.  The small improvements in the ship design are nice, the Take 5 lounge was wonderful, but the staff made the day for us.  They were fantastic and the food was consistently good, with the best Sabbatini experiences were have ever had (did 3 dinners).  We made the ships executive chef and he said they were really focusing on food, which we could tell.  With crew turnover you never know what you might get, but we are scheduled for Enchanted again in early 2024.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, POSGuy0112 said:

My wife and I were on the Enchanted twice last year, a total of 19 days.  We have been on most Princess ships and rate the Enchanted as the current #1. We were on the Sky last year as well, but Enchanted is slightly better.  The small improvements in the ship design are nice, the Take 5 lounge was wonderful, but the staff made the day for us.  They were fantastic and the food was consistently good, with the best Sabbatini experiences were have ever had (did 3 dinners).  We made the ships executive chef and he said they were really focusing on food, which we could tell.  With crew turnover you never know what you might get, but we are scheduled for Enchanted again in early 2024.

"Enchanted as the current #1"

Agree!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

We’re booked onto the Enchanted in January, it’ll be our third time on her in 18 months and it’s our favourite ship. 

Don’t forget there’ll be a roll call for your cruise 🙂

It sure beats some of the older ships like the Island or Caribbean Princess by far. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It sure beats some of the older ships like the Island or Caribbean Princess by far. 

Been on the Ruby and the Emerald a few years ago, whilst I enjoyed both of those ships at the time they do appear to have aged poorly compared to the newer ones.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss. May the memories of your wife be a blessing. I was on the Enchanted in April and really enjoyed it. She is a big ship but I felt the Staff really made a great effort to keep people involved without it feeling frenzied. The entertainment was top notch from the big production shows down to the small venues with a solo singer, a comedian, or the small music ensembles. The food options were all great. I really like a pizza slice or a burger by the pool and often shared a table during peak hours and met some new folks who shared insights on the cruise thus far and upcoming ports. I give you so much credit for taking a cruise. While onboard, take things as they come and at your pace and have a great time. Best wishes to you! 

• Like 5

Thanks for the nice sentiments. Shari would want me to have fun in the remaining time I have. May think about taking some ashes to spread in St. Thomas as Shari and I honeymooned at Bolongo Beach Resort going on 45 years ago (Oct. 7, 1978). In addition to St. Thomas we set foot on Tortola on the honeymoon as we were on a scuba dive boat on our way to the Wreck of the Rhone dive. That ship was featured in the movie The Deep and we did go thru the hatch as Nick Nolte and Jaqueline Bisset went thru in that movie. We liked adventure in our early life. Expect to have fun on this cruise knowing Shari will be looking down on me and happy that I am on this Enchanted Princess Cruise with a lot of friends both old and new ones I meet on the cruise.

• Like 5

On 7/19/2023 at 10:12 AM, chrysalis said:

we will be on that cruise, too....and have spent 121 days since the post-covid restart on her. Happy to be going back on board, and this time we will be there for 40 days.

We also will be on the Enchanted 2 cruises in late Jan 2024.  We spent 20 days on her in 2022 and I agree, with other posters.  She is also our current FAVORITE.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:49 PM, Schasz said:

Thanks for the nice sentiments. Shari would want me to have fun in the remaining time I have. May think about taking some ashes to spread in St. Thomas....

Contact Princess about this.  They do it all the time.  See this CC thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2782593-spreading-ashes-at-sea/