New Entertainment Page

tnm6217

11 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

For those who claim not to know who Taylor Swift is she recently sold out 7 stadium shows in Australia - instantly. She’s pretty popular across a range of age groups 

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/102539160

I suppose you’ll tell me you don’t know who Adele, Katy Perry or Pink are as well - or maybe Amy Winehouse either 

Fortunately the duos that Crystal started bringing on for the Cove and Palm Court knew a number of modern artists numbers that kept us entertained 

I hope the Hollywood theatre shows get a freshen up and some relatively modern music added to the roster 

It's not that I don't *know* who Taylor Swift is. It's just that I don't enjoy her music. I find her lyrics to be immature and focused on topics that don't mean anything to me. I do not find her to be relatable. And the tunes themselves are not compelling at all. I realize she is one of the most popular artists in the world today, but I've never heard a song of hers that I would want to hear twice.

Now Adele - that woman can SING! Her lyrics have depth, and the music itself is beautiful and makes me want to listen to it. Katy Perry has a couple songs that I like, but most of them are forgettable. Pink, however, is awesome! I have several of her songs on my running playlist.

Just like with taste in food, taste in music is so subjective. I don't think any of us should be criticized for not liking a particular musical artist. And yes, our age and history matters. Most people do prefer to hear the music we grew up with. I'll listen to Pink Floyd or Elton John all day long every day...that's what I was listening to in my formative years. Now if Crystal would put on a Pink Floyd retrospective, I would push people out of the way to get a front row seat! 😉

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

It's not that I don't *know* who Taylor Swift is. It's just that I don't enjoy her music. I find her lyrics to be immature and focused on topics that don't mean anything to me. I do not find her to be relatable. And the tunes themselves are not compelling at all. I realize she is one of the most popular artists in the world today, but I've never heard a song of hers that I would want to hear twice.

Now Adele - that woman can SING! Her lyrics have depth, and the music itself is beautiful and makes me want to listen to it. Katy Perry has a couple songs that I like, but most of them are forgettable. Pink, however, is awesome! I have several of her songs on my running playlist.

Just like with taste in food, taste in music is so subjective. I don't think any of us should be criticized for not liking a particular musical artist. And yes, our age and history matters. Most people do prefer to hear the music we grew up with. I'll listen to Pink Floyd or Elton John all day long every day...that's what I was listening to in my formative years. Now if Crystal would put on a Pink Floyd retrospective, I would push people out of the way to get a front row seat! 😉

The best description I have heard of Taylor Swift's lyrics was along the lines of "they sound like she is singing the lines from her diary back when she was 16 or 17 years old."😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Make fun of me all you want, I can’t tell you how much I don’t care. Have heard of the others but what is “Pink”? The last pink I knew was the color of the walls of my bedroom growing up!!

Patty

"Pink" is a she, and while I could not pick one of her songs out of a "police line up", she does have a very good voice. Adele, on the other hand, I could take or leave. I think she gets into relationships just so she can break up and have material for her next whiney song!!

(My, how "off topic" this one has gone!!!😁)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

The best description I have heard of Taylor Swift's lyrics was along the lines of "they sound like she is singing the lines from her diary back when she was 16 or 17 years old."😁

YAAAS! That's exactly how I see it. I totally get why teenage girls adore her. I left my teens way too long ago to have any interest in the stuff she sings about.

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

Make fun of me all you want, I can’t tell you how much I don’t care. Have heard of the others but what is “Pink”? The last pink I knew was the color of the walls of my bedroom growing up!!

Patty

You won't see me making fun of you! We all like what we like and that's fine. 🙂 

Pink is a female rock/pop singer. Her music is in a genre that I generally don't spend much time listening to, but she has a couple songs that have a very danceable vibe that makes me kick it in gear when they come up in my playlist when I'm on a run. But that's the only time I listen to her.

11 minutes ago, pickleball dRabbit said:

Pink and Pink Floyd - I have only one of these albums.

I have both! I listen to the first one when I'm running or working out. I listen to the second one when I'm doing pretty much anything else. 🙂 

38 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

I have both! I listen to the first one when I'm running or working out. I listen to the second one when I'm doing pretty much anything else. 🙂 

This is so funny. On my post tomorrow you will see me refer to this song and artist. I used to play this as a warmup song on occasion for an indoor cycling class.

I played many of the current artists and remixes of old ones. It was all about the beat.

Keith

• Like 1

Meanwhile on Serenity they’re practicing and getting ready for guests 

Good to see some Amy Whitehouse in the show and some familiar faces (and voices) on stage 

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.723c1aa053d7bd2a169dd2e1dfcfc0f4.jpeg

IMG_0513.thumb.jpeg.ff1d3ce7e5c4bce16608851d2da04146.jpeg

Theres a 9 minute clip of the rehearsal up on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/tv/CvDV8x9gnx5/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Meanwhile on Serenity they’re practicing and getting ready for guests 

Good to see some Amy Whitehouse in the show and some familiar faces (and voices) on stage 

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.723c1aa053d7bd2a169dd2e1dfcfc0f4.jpeg

IMG_0513.thumb.jpeg.ff1d3ce7e5c4bce16608851d2da04146.jpeg

Theres a 9 minute clip of the rehearsal up on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/tv/CvDV8x9gnx5/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Good golly Miss Molly!  Music from the Motor City?  And a little breakin'? Break dancing on Crystal?  Be still my beating heart!