New Room Service Menu?

Clay Clayton

10 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

This is the menu today-July 19,2023 aboard Saturn. Miss the apple pie and the pear and cheese salad😢

IMG_7063.jpeg

Yes but not necessarily new. Has been the menu on a Venus cruise in November. The fried chicken is really good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Well, you could live on it....  Now is it still possible to order off the MDR or Manfredi's menus?  

On the Sea last February, we ordered off the Restaurant menu through room service and they called back to say the restaurant manager said no and to order from the room service menu.  I ordered the fried chicken.  It was awful - the paper at the bottom of the basket was dripping with grease and the corn was a tiny wilted piece.  The Caesar salad was no better with brown edged wilted romaine and teeth cracking hard croutons.

Friends who were Covid quarantined ordered from Manfredi's menu and reported that they were "reprimanded" for doing so.

• Thanks 1

Yep, that was the room service menu I used during my Covid arrest on the Neptune.  I also ordered from Manfredi’s and The Restaurant.  I was told I could order from these 3 menus, so did.  

Edited by Mich3554
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MSEm said:

They also removed my favorites:  French Onion Soup and the Ruben.

I understand the tomato soup was removed from the Manfredi's menu.

A Ruben is now "always available" at lunch in The Restaurant on days it's open for lunch 

On 7/20/2023 at 12:55 AM, CCWineLover said:

So Clay - time for you to give it a try - order off MDR, and Manfredi's and report what they do to you 🙂

Not me, I don't enjoy room service except for a snack.  Maybe in a suite a full meal would be fine but not in our lowly DV.   We liked the Proscuitto Pear salad because it was a nice light plate to share and the pie because...well it's pie😂

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

A Ruben is now "always available" at lunch in The Restaurant on days it's open for lunch 

Not me, I don't enjoy room service except for a snack.  Maybe in a suite a full meal would be fine but not in our lowly DV.   We liked the Proscuitto Pear salad because it was a nice light plate to share and the pie because...well it's pie😂

Agree with you about room service. Except for breakfast if we have an early morning excursion, I always felt grubby when we ate in our room……maybe if we had the Owners Suite it would be a much different story…😁

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

Agree with you about room service. Except for breakfast if we have an early morning excursion, I always felt grubby when we ate in our room……maybe if we had the Owners Suite it would be a much different story…😁

I think the Chef comes and cooks for you in the Owner’s Suite 🍷

• Haha 4

We enjoy having room service for breakfast when we have an early morning tour.

Also we have used room service several time when we boarded late in the afternoon and World Cafe is closed.

Room service has also been great when we are doing 2 tours at a port.

We have also enjoyed getting the cheese plate with fruit for an afternoon snack while sitting on our balcony.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2023 at 5:49 PM, TayanaLorna said:

On the Sea last February, we ordered off the Restaurant menu through room service and they called back to say the restaurant manager said no and to order from the room service menu.  I ordered the fried chicken.  It was awful - the paper at the bottom of the basket was dripping with grease and the corn was a tiny wilted piece.  The Caesar salad was no better with brown edged wilted romaine and teeth cracking hard croutons.

Friends who were Covid quarantined ordered from Manfredi's menu and reported that they were "reprimanded" for doing so.

When we were quarantined for 5 days last August due to Covid, we were told to order from the Resturaunt, and we ordered from Manfredi’s the night we had a reservation. They happily brought us whatever we wanted.

11 hours ago, biggerbearmom said:

When we were quarantined for 5 days last August due to Covid, we were told to order from the Resturaunt, and we ordered from Manfredi’s the night we had a reservation. They happily brought us whatever we wanted.

Yes that is what folks have reported - that all the different menus were delivered to their room when they got sick.  Not so on the Sea February 2023.

3 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Yes that is what folks have reported - that all the different menus were delivered to their room when they got sick.  Not so on the Sea February 2023.

That’s unfortunate, policies should be fleet wide.