Does Celebrity's "Classic" Drinks package include non-alcoholic drinks?

Z'Loth

I'm reviewing the drinks package that is included with my upcoming cruise, and it appears I have the "Classic Package". This includes Vodkas, Whiskeys, Rums, Tequilas, Beers, Gins, Liqueurs and Cognacs, and "A large selection of wines from various regions around the world". All nice and all, except that I practically don't drink alcohol. No, I won't say never, but the time between instances is practically years. I just never liked the taste.

Is there any non-alcoholic beverages in that package, or should I talk to celebrity about switching to the "zero-proof" package? 

Yes, you can get non alcohol drinks. I don’t think the classic includes the premium non alcohol items like Red Bull, vitamin water, Evian, etc.  But it includes virgin drinks, canned water, soda, and coffees and teas at the cafe. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Z'Loth said:

I'm reviewing the drinks package that is included with my upcoming cruise, and it appears I have the "Classic Package". This includes Vodkas, Whiskeys, Rums, Tequilas, Beers, Gins, Liqueurs and Cognacs, and "A large selection of wines from various regions around the world". All nice and all, except that I practically don't drink alcohol. No, I won't say never, but the time between instances is practically years. I just never liked the taste.

Is there any non-alcoholic beverages in that package, or should I talk to celebrity about switching to the "zero-proof" package? 

z no sure where you researched this, yet going to X's website, here is the list of beverages on ALL of the beverage packages...

Cheers and bon voyage

We had the Classic one cruise and soda, water and coffee at Cafe A were included.  Our drinking is limited to one pre-dinner so since then no package.  I did the coffee package on Iceland/Ireland/Norway and it was well used, not so much on warm weather cruises.  

Directly from the Celebrity website, under compare drinks packages, it shows the beverages included in Classic Drinks (listed right beside the photos), Premium Drinks (listed on the far right), and Zero Proof Packages (listed at the bottom of the page):

Drink Packages

TYPE OF DRINK CLASSIC PACKAGES PREMIUM PACKAGES
Gin
Gin-2560x1440.jpg

• Beefeater
  • Gordon's
  • Praire Gin

• Bombay Sapphire
  • Hendrick's
  • Plymouth
  • Star of Bombay
  • Tanqueray
  • Gunpowder
Liqueurs and Cognacs
Liqueurs-and-Cognacs-2560x1440.jpg

• Campari
  • Galliano
  • Hennessy VS
  • Kahlua
  • Licor 43
  • Ouzo
  • Sambuca Romana
  • Southern Comfort
  • Tia Maria

• Baileys Irish Cream
  • Chambord
  • Cointreau
  • Courvosier VSOP
  • Disarronno Amaretto
  • Disarronno Velvet
  • Drambuie
  • Godiva
  • Remy Martin VSOP
  • St. Germain
  • Aperol
Rums
Rum-2560x1440.jpg

• Bacardi
  • Captain Morgan's
  • Malibu
  • Myer's
  • Wray & Nephew

• Bacardi 8 Años
  • Brugal
  • Flor de Caña
  • Pyrat XO
  • Zacapa 23
  • Bumbu Rum
Tequilas
tequila-shots-puerto-vallarta-mexico.jpg

• Teremana Blanco
  • Don Julio Blanco

• Cazadores Reposado
  • Teremana Reposado
  • Don Julio Reposado
  • Patrón Reposado
  • Patrón Silver
  • Ghost Tequila
Vodkas
Vodka-2560x1440.jpg

• Absolut and flavors
  • New Amsterdam
  • Smirnoff
  • Tito's

• Belvedere
  • Chopin
  • Christiania
  • Ciroc Snap Frost and Flavors
  • Grey Goose
  • Ketel One and Botanicals
  • Pearl
  • Reyka
Whiskeys
Whiskey-2560x1440.jpg

• Dewar's White Label
  • Famous Grouse
  • Jim Beam
  • Johnnie Walker Red
  • Monkey Shoulder
  • Seagram's VO

• Aberfeldy 12
  • Bulleit Bourbon
  • Chivas Regal 12
  • Dewar’s 12
  • Gentleman Jack
  • The Glenlivet
  • Jack Daniel’s Black
  • Jack Daniel’s Rye
  • Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel
  • Johnnie Walker Black
  • Johnnie Walker Double Black
  • The Macallan Lumina
  • The Macallan Quest
  • Maker’s Mark
  • Rittenhouse Rye
  • Wild Turkey
  • Woodford Reserve
Cocktails
Cocktail-2560x1440.jpg

A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

Craft cocktails, large martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits
Wines
Wine-2560x1440.jpg

A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia.

Champagnes and favorite wines such as Conundrum White and Red Blends , Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon , J&H Selbach Riesling Kabine, Mouton Cadet Bordeaux Blend, and Edmeades Zinfandel.
Beers
Beer-2560x1440.jpg

• Budweiser
  • Bud light
  • Coors Light
  • Corona
  • Franziskaner
  • Heineken
  • Kirin
  • Kirin Light
  • Miller Lite
  • Moretti
  • Michelob Ultra
  • Newcastle Brown Ale
  • Strongbow Cider

• Anchor Steam
  • Blue Moon
  • Blue Moon Haze
  • Dogfish Head 90 Minute
  • Grolsch
  • Guinness
  • Kronenbourg 1664
  • La Fin du Monde
  • Leffe Blonde Rouge
  • Peroni
  • Lagunitas Ale
  • Terrapin Luau
  • Sapporo
  • Sierra Nevada
  • Stella Artois
  • Topo Chico Seltzer
Non-Alcoholic
Premium%20Non%20Alcoholic%20package%20Image.jpeg

• Juices
  • Sodas
  • Non-Premium bottled water
  • Premium coffees
  • Premium teas

• Acqua Panna water
  • Evian water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Premium coffees
  • Red Bull and Editions
  • Vitamin Water
  • Premium teas
  • Bottled Iced Teas
  • Soda
  • Spa Café Fresh Juices
  • Zero Proof Cocktails, Frozen & Non Frozen

Disclaimer: Includes alcoholic drinks up to $10. Does not include Smoothies or Aqua Spa Fresh Juice. 15% OFF wines by the bottle.
Disclaimer: Includes alcoholic drinks up to $17 and those of the Classic Drink Package. 20% OFF wines by the bottle.

ZERO PROOF PACKAGE

Zero-Proof-Package-2560x1440.jpg

• Acqua Panna water
  • Evian water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Premium coffees
  • Red Bull and Editions
  • Zero Proof Cocktails, Frozen & Non Frozen

• Sodas
  • Premium teas
  • Aqua Spa Fresh Juices
  • Bottled Iced Teas
  • Vitamin Water

Select Your Country
/content/dam/celebrity/miscellaneous/nav-project/country-language-icon-white.svg

• Thanks 1

The Celebrity site doesn't say this explicitly, but you can get the mocktail or non-alcoholic versions of the classic alcohol drinks. I was able to get virgin mojitos, virgin daiquiris, virgin pina coladas, etc. You cannot get virgin versions of premium drinks - nothing made with redbull or whatever else they categorize as a premium drink.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

z no sure where you researched this, yet going to X's website, here is the list of beverages on ALL of the beverage packages...

Cheers and bon voyage

Amazing the information that is on Celebrity website if you decide to do search 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Amazing the information that is on Celebrity website if you decide to do search 😉

The more amazing thing is how difficult it is to get the information you want from the Celebrity Website!  I just tried to figure out the cost difference between the regular wi-fi that comes with the All Included Package and the Premium W-iFi package on my cruise in September.  After going down many wrong rabbit holes of useless information on the website, I think I might have the right information...but I still put a question mark next to it on my list of information.  I know I can get the information by calling and waiting on hold for Celebrity's representatives, but I wanted to have some idea of the cost before making some other costly choices for the cruise, especially since I will be trying to give my husband the information before we make any choices.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I was in my reservation and was looking at the drinks package under Drinks → Drink Packages. I've attached a screenshot below. Because the link includes my booking number and removing that argument from the link does not direct to the same page, I've attached the screenshot of what I saw below. Based upon what I saw, I did NOT see any non-alcoholic beverages listed. 

Classic Drink Package.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marshacruises said:

The more amazing thing is how difficult it is to get the information you want from the Celebrity Website!  I just tried to figure out the cost difference between the regular wi-fi that comes with the All Included Package and the Premium W-iFi package on my cruise in September.  After going down many wrong rabbit holes of useless information on the website, I think I might have the right information...but I still put a question mark next to it on my list of information.  I know I can get the information by calling and waiting on hold for Celebrity's representatives, but I wanted to have some idea of the cost before making some other costly choices for the cruise, especially since I will be trying to give my husband the information before we make any choices.

Actually, I believe the better exercise is to determine what the value of the up-grade is to you. 

Also, know there are sales on up-grades from time to time.

It is very easy to figure out what the 'combined' reduced pricing is for basic wi-fi and classic beverage package is.

The website does provide what the 'full cost' of these services are. Presumably you know the difference in cost of cruise only and AI, back out gratuities and you have the basic discounted pricing for wi-fi and beverage packages.

It sounds like you are wanting to figure out the costs of upgrading wi-fi, which is at the website and please know that from time to time there are discounts for upgrading packages.

Many of your decision points center around figuring out the cost difference between cruise only and AI, then adding back to the cruise only price the services you desire and compare back. 

Fixed pricing for upgrades or full purchase of the basic packages are a known quantities and found on the website.

I trust you can figure out what is most beneficial and economical for you and the sailing you will be taking.

bon voyage

I've found that if you just tell the bar tender what you wish (e.g. Mock Tail) and what package you have they will fix you up.

I should however point out that some non-alaholic drinks e.g. Premium OJ, Sparkling Water (Evian and San Pelligrino) and Energy Water are not covered under the Basic Package but are covered under the Non-Alcoholic drink Package.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-drink-packages

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, marshacruises said:

Very easy. In the app go to your cruise > select internet at the bottom. Your upgrade price is right there. Or on the website go to your cruise planner > WiFi > you’ll see two upgrade options with the price for each. Typically if you want prices for something related to your cruise you need to be in the reservation itself, not the general website. 

• Thanks 1

So, does anybody know the answer to this?  Celebrity website is no help.  If you have the classic drink package and you get a drink above the package limit.  Do they charge you the full amount of the drink, or the amount above the $10 limit of the classic package?  Or or is it like Princess, where it depends on the ship?

14 minutes ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

So, does anybody know the answer to this?  Celebrity website is no help.  If you have the classic drink package and you get a drink above the package limit.  Do they charge you the full amount of the drink, or the amount above the $10 limit of the classic package?  Or or is it like Princess, where it depends on the ship?

You will be charged the difference between the $10 allowance under the classic drink package and the actual cost of the drink, plus gratuity on the difference.  If you order a $20 drink, you will be charged $10 plus gratuity of $2.  One way around some of the upcharges is to order a single drink, rather than doubles, I have seen a lot of people order double martini or scotch and pay the difference, rather than just ordering a single drink, then ordering another one when they finish the first one.

• Like 2