Oasis +5 room

21 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

When a room has this symbol image.png.662f3f4ff5474b4fe083e0fff5ff632a.png it says it can fit 5 people. This is a boardwalk balcony, does anyone know what the configuration is? Is this a twin bed, pullman and pullout couch (2+1+2)?

On Oasis and Allure where there are regular cabins that sleep 5 they have the regular King bed that can be split into two twins, a sofabed that can sleep 2 and a pullman that sleeps 1.  Best cabins around for a family of 4 with kids that don't want to share a sofabed.

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On Oasis and Allure where there are regular cabins that sleep 5 they have the regular King bed that can be split into two twins, a sofabed that can sleep 2 and a pullman that sleeps 1. Best cabins around for a family of 4 with kids that don't want to share a sofabed.

I assume this is the same size cabin as the neighboring cabins and you just squeeze in a little tighter?

1 hour ago, Miloomar said:

When a room has this symbol image.png.662f3f4ff5474b4fe083e0fff5ff632a.png it says it can fit 5 people. This is a boardwalk balcony, does anyone know what the configuration is? Is this a twin bed, pullman and pullout couch (2+1+2)?

Good luck with that. Wouldn't put more than 2 people in those rooms. We get 2 connecting balcony neighborhood rooms always.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jt4428 said:

Good luck with that. Wouldn't put more than 2 people in those rooms. We get 2 connecting balcony neighborhood rooms always.

children are 1.5, 5, 7 ... they dont take up too much space

1 hour ago, Miloomar said:

That +5 cabin also connects to the cabin next door. I’d try to find one without the connecting door so you’re not stressing as much about the noise of the kids traveling into the neighboring cabin.

1 hour ago, Homelines1977 said:

Is there no Ultra Spacious Family Ocean View (with the bunk beds) available for your sailing?

Looks like there is a waitlist.... to pay 3x as much. Even a Grand suite would be a better deal at only 2x as much

We have found that 2 connecting rooms are often a similar price or just slightly higher for our family of 5 and well worth the cost.  It is definitely worth looking into.  Also if you have good travel agent, see if they have any deals that they know of that may reduce the cost.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miloomar said:

they may not take up space but you will extra luggage, clothes, possibly snacks, diapers for the baby?, etc. etc.     IMO, those cabins are way too small for a family of 5.    

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If the youngest will be that age at the time of sailing, some "regular" cabins that hold four could also be booked.

I've only has success adding an infant to a double occupancy cabin.  Ive been told that there has to be room for a pack n play and with the sofa bed open there isn't room. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t know why people always get so worked up about sleeping 5 in a cabin. We did it in 2019 and our kids were 9, 5, and 4 at the time. We were absolutely fine and we got a fantastic deal. Yes, it is cozy with the beds me but they were easy to put back and we had no issues. As the PPer mentioned, it is 2 on the couch bed and then a drop down bunk and the king bed.

This upcoming cruise we have booked, it was cheaper to do 2 rooms bc of a guarantee rate.

9 hours ago, moesyk4 said:

I don’t know why people always get so worked up about sleeping 5 in a cabin. We did it in 2019 and our kids were 9, 5, and 4 at the time. We were absolutely fine and we got a fantastic deal. Yes, it is cozy with the beds me but they were easy to put back and we had no issues. As the PPer mentioned, it is 2 on the couch bed and then a drop down bunk and the king bed.

This upcoming cruise we have booked, it was cheaper to do 2 rooms bc of a guarantee rate.

To each his own.