rumor or fact, anyone know?

laurieb

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

read elsewhere that a guest was told that all captains will be rotating ships at the end of 2024.  Anyone know anything about it?

I’ve heard nothing. I wonder if it’s true. I would think that the captains would not be fans of this plan!

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I’ve heard nothing. I wonder if it’s true. I would think that the captains would not be fans of this plan!

I would agree.  This person said that the current captain on Journey said this

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Or the crews!  Having two captains alternate lets them get a sense of how things are.  Constant alternation means they never know what goes down.

My DW had a library director toward the end of her career who decided to institute forced transfers throughout the system – meaning that years of experience built up in the specialized departments was lost [imagine a Business librarian being transferred to the Fine Arts department].  This isn't that bad, but I don't see how it makes Azamara any better.

The last time they tried this experiment they broke up teams that were working well and then in due course had resignations.  Some believed the resignations were in part due to this rotation activity. It’s hard for a senior officer on a c12 week contract to arrive, take over and then effectively run their operation if they are jumping in and out of different teams. Sounds like a school kid out of College bright idea for spreading ways of working around an organisation- there are more downsides to this idea than benefits and sharing practices can be done in many ways without physical presence. 

I hope this is just a rumour 

• Like 2

Haven't they heard the trite expression, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?"  From reading the threads, it seems that the only department that is working properly IS the ship side.  Or is this another example of making all departments equal to the worst one so it is fair for all departments to fail?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, laurieb said:

read elsewhere that a guest was told that all captains will be rotating ships at the end of 2024.  Anyone know anything about it?

I read it and read it twice. Interpretation might be that the poster misunderstood the captain and that the original intent was just to explain that captains rotate. Not necessarily from ship to ship. Captains all have their schedules worked out thru 2024 as far as I know.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

I read it and read it twice. Interpretation might be that the poster misunderstood the captain and that the original intent was just to explain that captains rotate. Not necessarily from ship to ship. Captains all have their schedules worked out thru 2024 as far as I know.

Let's hope thisis the case!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

Read it again and to be fair the poster was saying "rotate at the end of 2024". I hope not, but you never know....

Doing one ship move at the end of 2024 is very different from rotating ships starting at the end of 2024.  If the former, then I think that it's not an unreasonable move.