Whole Lemons Available on the Ship?

fsdorado

I know this is probably a strange question to ask but my DW is trying a liver cleanse treatment which involves consuming the juice of a whole freshly squeezed lemon daily.  Will she be able to get lemons on the ship (Ruby Princess out of San Francisco) or will she need to bring lemons onboard with us?  Thanks!!

Frederick

Hmmm...not sure they would allow lemons to be brought on board but I admit...I cannot give a definitive answer on that one.  However...I'd bet that if you spoke to a DR manager about this (or maybe even just your waiter) that something could be arranged.  They might even do the squeezing for you!

On a recent cruise (not Princess) we asked about getting a small bowl of pickles for our very young granddaughter.  She's CRAZY about pickles!  Since we had the same table/wait staff every night...there would be a bowl of pickles waiting for her!  (We're talking enough pickles for 10-12 hamburgers...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, fsdorado said:

I know this is probably a strange question to ask but my DW is trying a liver cleanse treatment which involves consuming the juice of a whole freshly squeezed lemon daily.  Will she be able to get lemons on the ship (Ruby Princess out of San Francisco) or will she need to bring lemons onboard with us?  Thanks!!

Frederick

I am almost certain you will not be allowed to bring lemons onto a ship. I have a friend who has an Orange tree and wanted to bring some on Embarkation in Los Angeles.

They were confiscated from him. 

Ask DR manager or Buffett manager if they can supply the lemon juice or whole lemons.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I am almost certain you will not be allowed to bring lemons onto a ship. I have a friend who has an Orange tree and wanted to bring some on Embarkation in Los Angeles.

Ask DR manager or Buffett manager if they can supply the lemon juice or whole lemons.

That's sort of what I figured.  We're in a suite so I might ask our cabin steward as well.  Thanks!!

Frederick

If you are in a full suite your cabin steward should be able to provide you with lemons and other fruit upon request. Another idea is to ask for squeezed lemon juice at the special full suite breakfast. Once they know you want this it probably will be ready for you each morning. 

Thanks everyone!!  My DW is waiting patiently to chat with someone from Princess.  I suspect they will give her the same advice that you are giving.  We may try to get at least one aboard on the first day.

Frederick

2 minutes ago, fsdorado said:

Thanks everyone!!  My DW is waiting patiently to chat with someone from Princess.  I suspect they will give her the same advice that you are giving.  We may try to get at least one aboard on the first day.

Frederick

Since they have lemon slices and lemon wedges and use lemons in various cooking and baking, yes they have lemons on board.  I would ask in the buffet area when you need one.  Are you bringing a juicer - or perhaps they will do it for you once explained.

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Since they have lemon slices and lemon wedges and use lemons in various cooking and baking, yes they have lemons on board.  I would ask in the buffet area when you need one.  Are you bringing a juicer - or perhaps they will do it for you once explained.

She brings a juicer with her.

• Like 1

You can definitely bring fresh citrus on board - I grab white grapefruits in season for better daiquiris. 

what you can’t do is take it back off the ship

Edited by VibeGuy
  • Like 3

On 7/21/2023 at 5:13 PM, wallyj said:

Not that I know anything about their rules but I never heard about bringing fruit on board the ship. Is it possible that they made an error by confiscating them?