It’s A Crystal Family Affair – Return To Crystal & Crystal Serenity

Keith1010

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Keith1010 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

It’s A Crystal Family Affair – Return To Crystal & Crystal Serenity

Later this week I will begin posting about our upcoming adventure on Crystal Serenity as we sail the first two voyages from Marseille, France to Lisbon and Lisbon to Southampton.  We visit places we have been to before while also visiting seven ports of call for the very first time.

I am excited that we will know most of the crew and several guests. I look forward to sailing with members of this board, including those familiar to us and those who we haven’t sailed with before.

I will be happy to answer questions “but” please remember I want to enjoy this experience so I may choose not to run down every question.  For those of you on this cruise if you would like to post here, you are very welcome to do so but if you don’t and prefer your own thread that is terrific.  For those of you on one or both cruises travel safely and enjoy every minute.  Everyone, remember we all see things differently because we are human, and many things are subjective. In the end the only opinion that matter is our very own.

I have also learned something over the years. If someone asks me for recommendations for a cruise line, restaurant, hotel, tour, or a host of other things I will answer their question. At the same time, I will let them know while we enjoy them, they might not. Conversely, I have sailed lines that we had an average experience with although others enjoy them. If asked what I think about cruise lines we didn’t particularly like, I will say it didn’t work for us, but it may for you. 

I also want to add that new Crystal-like old Crystal will evolve, and this includes pre-cruise information and the actual cruising experience. For example, only a month ago some were critical of marketing and pre-cruise information.  Now you can see more things coming together with a much larger staff in place and several items solidified.  Some have criticized itineraries.  Please remember, they to put together itineraries quickly and there were ports not available as they were already booked. I expect this will not be the case for 2025. though I am reminded for years some on this board have been critical of the itineraries. 

I want to close with a couple of thoughts.  Captain Glen used to say if you want to have a good time you will. If you don’t you won’t.  I subscribe to this. Some people like to point out what is wrong. I prefer focusing on all that is good.

In my next post I will share what shapes my views and opinions before we begin another new travel adventure.

Did I tell you..................Bags are packed............Ready to go.................Can't wait..............

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to hearing your perspectives! And I hope you don't spend TOO much time posting on Cruise Critic. You're on vacation, after all! 😁

One comment: it seems a shame that you feel you need to include comments to forestall the attacks you expect to get over posting your personal opinions. Not that I don't understand it - that's Cruise Critic for ya, some people just can't stop themselves from being nasty. But I have seen so many people in here dump on you simply because of your positivity about Crystal. I hope those people will try to tamp down their negativity in this thread so that those of us who are EXCITED about the return of Crystal can enjoy it!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, happy cruising said:

Keith, have a wonderful time! Do you know if Crystal plans to turn the Panomax and Live Views back on? We all enjoyed those immensely! Thanks in advance for all the photos we know you will post! 

Thank you. This is one I haven't asked about but will.

Keith

keith,

have a fabulous cruise and i'm sure you will.  you seem to be such a positive person and it seems you see the glass half full instead of half empty.  i am looking forward to reading about your experiences and impressions of the ship, the food, the crew and the itinerary.  bon voyage to you and anne marie.  even though i haven't met either one of you, i feel like i know you from all your messages and ansers on cruise critic.  i sure hope we meet some day, expeically on a cruise.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

Looking forward to hearing your perspectives! And I hope you don't spend TOO much time posting on Cruise Critic. You're on vacation, after all! 😁

One comment: it seems a shame that you feel you need to include comments to forestall the attacks you expect to get over posting your personal opinions. Not that I don't understand it - that's Cruise Critic for ya, some people just can't stop themselves from being nasty. But I have seen so many people in here dump on you simply because of your positivity about Crystal. I hope those people will try to tamp down their negativity in this thread so that those of us who are EXCITED about the return of Crystal can enjoy it!

LeeAnne, thank you. It's all good.  The good news is the vast majority of those who follow do not feel that way and many have become lurkers. Only a few make those comments but I feel I needed to just give my perspectives which I've had way before cruising.

It's funny at home I lead a large organization of volunteers for our community. At the first meeting I provided some background. I said that when I hear about a problem and others just keep talking about the problem I turn them out because my mind is figuring out the solution.  And that also relates in my mind to positivity because I am trying to figure out how we resolve the problem and then take positive steps to get it corrected.

Those of us who can cruise are very fortunate no matter what line we sail because the vast majority of the population in this world won't cruise.  And when we are so fortunate to sail a luxury line and have the money and the health to do it I just want to enjoy the experience as much as possible. There will come a day when this is no longer possible for each of us due to health and then what comes after that.

I will share a few more tidbits tomorrow or Tuesday and then we will focus on the pre-cruise and the cruise.  

Many thanks,

Keith 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

keith,

have a fabulous cruise and i'm sure you will.  you seem to be such a positive person and it seems you see the glass half full instead of half empty.  i am looking forward to reading about your experiences and impressions of the ship, the food, the crew and the itinerary.  bon voyage to you and anne marie.  even though i haven't met either one of you, i feel like i know you from all your messages and ansers on cruise critic.  i sure hope we meet some day, expeically on a cruise.

Thank you so much and I do hope we sail with you.

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

LeeAnne, thank you. It's all good.  The good news is the vast majority of those who follow do not feel that way and many have become lurkers. Only a few make those comments but I feel I needed to just give my perspectives which I've had way before cruising.

It's funny at home I lead a large organization of volunteers for our community. At the first meeting I provided some background. I said that when I hear about a problem and others just keep talking about the problem I turn them out because my mind is figuring out the solution.  And that also relates in my mind to positivity because I am trying to figure out how we resolve the problem and then take positive steps to get it corrected.

Those of us who can cruise are very fortunate no matter what line we sail because the vast majority of the population in this world won't cruise.  And when we are so fortunate to sail a luxury line and have the money and the health to do it I just want to enjoy the experience as much as possible. There will come a day when this is no longer possible for each of us due to health and then what comes after that.

I will share a few more tidbits tomorrow or Tuesday and then we will focus on the pre-cruise and the cruise.  

Many thanks,

Keith 

Keith: We are late boomers to cruising. Sailed once on Crystal, loved it, then no more Crystal. Did others, enjoyed them all. Then found out Crystal will be back under new ownership. Ecstatic!! Booked two Crystal voyages since. Learned so much from you and many others here. Thank you!!  Your enthusiasm and positivity influenced us greatly.  We look forward to your opinions and photos _ counting the days and can't wait!  Bon Voyage!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, May B said:

Leejnd4, I don’t think it’s “so many”. It’s just a few vocal ones.

I've found the "Ignore" button does a lot for my blood pressure.  And Bon Voyage Keith and Anne Marie,

• Like 9

5 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Keith~

Looking forward to your posts.  Not sure how there can be seven ports new to you with all your travels...but that is quite a bonus.  Enjoy!

Dwight

Thank yo Dwight.  Before the Serenity Dry Dock in 2018 we took three 7 day cruises and there were several new ports for us in the Mediterranean.  It seems strange but between France, Italy, Spain and over to Portugal there are these small ports that are new to us.

Best to you.

Keith

1 hour ago, lovet2travel said:

Keith: We are late boomers to cruising. Sailed once on Crystal, loved it, then no more Crystal. Did others, enjoyed them all. Then found out Crystal will be back under new ownership. Ecstatic!! Booked two Crystal voyages since. Learned so much from you and many others here. Thank you!!  Your enthusiasm and positivity influenced us greatly.  We look forward to your opinions and photos _ counting the days and can't wait!  Bon Voyage!

Thank you so much for your very nice comments.  I am so glad to hear you have booked two cruises.

Best to you.

Keith

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I've found the "Ignore" button does a lot for my blood pressure.  And Bon Voyage Keith and Anne Marie,

Thank you Roy.

Maybe I should follow your suggestion.

The good news is most people on this board are very thoughtful and kind.

Keith

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

This is so true.  I follow your cruises for quite a while now (through Cruise Critic posts and then through your wonderful blog) and really appreciate that you take time from your vacation to share your adventures. Thank you. Will you update your blog as well? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aldeya said:

This is so true.  I follow your cruises for quite a while now (through Cruise Critic posts and then through your wonderful blog) and really appreciate that you take time from your vacation to share your adventures. Thank you. Will you update your blog as well? 

Thank you so much.  I will update my blog as well.

Keith

1 hour ago, AtA said:

I will probably be too busy to post much, but will once home again. Our bags are packed and we start our journey in the morning. See those on the cruise in 1 week!

Safe travels. See you soon.

Keith