Buffet Service on Discovery

Cruzbw

I am able to get all the food my body can consume onto my tray in the buffet.  But carrying it to the table may not be very pretty due to serious balance issues.  Is there staff available and willing to carry my tray to my table? Or are they only looking to fulfill drink orders? Discovery Princess.

4 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

They no longer provide trays in the buffet.  But you can certainly ask for assistance and they are  very accommodating.

Yes, it's been a little while since the last cruise! I understand the ships don't have to rely on the winds any longer.  Haha! Hasn't been that long! But thank you for the answer.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cruzbw said:

Yes, it's been a little while since the last cruise! I understand the ships don't have to rely on the winds any longer.  Haha! Hasn't been that long! But thank you for the answer.

The Discovery buffet is quite large with a nice selection of hot and cold foods.  If you haven't been on this ship before kind of in the center where the desserts are there is a place to order specialty coffees and the juice bar is also located there.  Its also where they hide the cookies lol.

15 day Hawaii for us in December looking forward to it.

Enjoy!!!

28 minutes ago, Cruzbw said:

I am able to get all the food my body can consume onto my tray in the buffet.  But carrying it to the table may not be very pretty due to serious balance issues.  Is there staff available and willing to carry my tray to my table? Or are they only looking to fulfill drink orders? Discovery Princess.

You’ll find plenty of crew around the buffet willing to carry your food to your table. Just ask, if they don’t offer first.

1 hour ago, Sprocket said:

If you haven't been on this ship before kind of in the center where the desserts are there is a place to order specialty coffees and the juice bar is also located there.  Its also where they hide the cookies lol.

15 day Hawaii for us in December looking forward to it.

Enjoy!!!

Good to know.  Nope, haven't been on the Discovery.  You're singing my song.  I do specialty coffees, juices and cookies. We will embark on the little 4-day cruise right after you disembark. Thanks for the tips.

6 hours ago, Kay S said:

I knew a lady who brought her own from home.  I thought that was smart.

6 hours ago, Kay S said:

I knew a lady who brought her own from home.  I thought that was smart.

Others have reported stashing away trays from room service to use in the buffet. 

13 hours ago, antsp said:

Have never seen trays on Princess in 25 years

We have cruised Princess since 1992 and yes they did used to have trays in the buffet but I have not seen any for at least 5-8 years

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

We have cruised Princess since 1992 and yes they did used to have trays in the buffet but I have not seen any for at least 5-8 years

Maybe my memory is not what it was, I remember large oval plastic plates

23 minutes ago, sboh said:

I remember the trays too. I do like that they have the silverware wrapped in napkins on the tables, makes it easier since you don’t have a tray.

Correct in the old days you grabbed tray silverware and tray when you entered the buffet nothing was on the tables

On Majestic this year you could ask for a tray in the IC as you ordered your food. It was the first time I have seen them. Very handy! They were available for the duration of the 8 days I was on board. Steward took it away when the room was service. 

Order room service coffee or tea… they will bring this on a small tray ( big enough for 1 plate) and just that… and take it back to your stateroom or order your tea or whatever the next day… and absolutely they will help you in in carrying and Serving you