Millenium Stateroom Power and A/C

jbcallender

19 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

No key card slots and all the beds have plugs and USB on the nightstands. Lots of power in the Millie cabins.

Not exactly true as it depends on the room type.

In the Sky Suite we had on deck 6, the outlet was on the wall behind the nightstand.  There was no outlet on the nightstand itself. 

36 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not exactly true as it depends on the room type.

In the Sky Suite we had on deck 6, the outlet was on the wall behind the nightstand.  There was no outlet on the nightstand itself. 

Thanks for the info, we have a Sky Suite on the TransPac in September and after our cruise two weeks ago in a lesser category, I was hoping they were all somewhat similar. I will bring the extension cord now!

43 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Thanks for the info, we have a Sky Suite on the TransPac in September and after our cruise two weeks ago in a lesser category, I was hoping they were all somewhat similar. I will bring the extension cord now!

here is a picture of the nightstand on the right side of the bed. 

image.jpeg.10e015993f18718272100304b7d54fbb.jpeg

I sleep on the left and used a mult port adapter vice an extension cord.

as @alcpa1 said, do not bring an extension cord, chances are good it will get taken and held to the end of the cruise.

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

here is a picture of the nightstand on the right side of the bed. 

image.jpeg.10e015993f18718272100304b7d54fbb.jpeg

I sleep on the left and used a mult port adapter vice an extension cord.

as @alcpa1 said, do not bring an extension cord, chances are good it will get taken and held to the end of the cruise.

I normally take a standard white 10 foot indoor cord and it's never been taken. I normally use it to mount my fan on the ceiling. In the cabin we just had on Millie...that lamp on the nightstand had an outlet and USB on the side of it....both sides of the bed.

Just now, neverlaysup said:

I normally take a standard white 10 foot indoor cord and it's never been taken. I normally use it to mount my fan on the ceiling. In the cabin we just had on Millie...that lamp on the nightstand had an outlet and USB on the side of it....both sides of the bed.

Our Sky Suite, #6100, did not.  Not sure why they did not use the same lamps for the Sky Suites and hopefully they’ll change before we sail on her again next May. 

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Our Sky Suite, #6100, did not.  Not sure why they did not use the same lamps for the Sky Suites and hopefully they’ll change before we sail on her again next May. 

Did you find the lifeboats on 5 a hinderance to your balcony view? We are in 6099 on our next cruise, similar location on the port side.

Edited by neverlaysup

7 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

You have been lucky not to have been caught with an extension cord. If they do see it in your carry-on luggage as it goes through x-ray, they will probably take it. Even in your check luggage it may be confiscated. Much easier to request one from Special needs ahead of time and have it in your state room waiting for you and not risk having your luggage delayed.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Extension cords are on the “do not bring” list

BCB54519-C954-4E7A-A278-7C824ADEDC9C.png

I'm aware of the policy but that usually applies to power strips or power cords with a circuit or fuse built in. The same 10 foot plain jane extension cord has been in my carryon for the last 2 years (20 cruises) and I have never been questioned about it. The only thing they have confiscated from us was my DW's hair straightener (returned to her by the Captain and First Officer with apologies after a properly directed email).

10 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I’m confused. So they list “no extension cords” but they don’t mean “no extension cords”?

Easier to say 'no extension cords' than to explain which ones are not a problem and which ones are...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

How do you mount your fan on the ceiling.

With a magnet??? How is that allowed?

22 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Did you find the lifeboats on 5 a hinderance to your balcony view? We are in 6099 on our next cruise, similar location on the port side.

Only when looking straight down.  But we did spend a lot of time sitting on our balcony just watching the waves.  Saw a lot of flying fish and dolphins. 

• Like 1