New Tea Menu

Clay Clayton

I  am surprised  they do not offer a single green tea. I know that is not traditional, but sometime I cannot tolerate black teas.  I am happy with the selection and might be inclined to try the Mandarin, which sounds a bit like some afternoon teas which have a touch of lemon or other citrus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I  am surprised  they do not offer a single green tea. I know that is not traditional, but sometime I cannot tolerate black teas.  I am happy with the selection and might be inclined to try the Mandarin, which sounds a bit like some afternoon teas which have a touch of lemon or other citrus.

Oops, two pages appeared to have not uploaded.  Sorry. 

IMG_7260.jpeg

IMG_7261.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

Earl grey is closest to a green tea, if it is strong as advertised there is something wrong with it, it should be relatively light and floral. It is golden when in the cup

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Oops, two pages appeared to have not uploaded.  Sorry. 

IMG_7260.jpeg

IMG_7261.jpeg

Wonderful - I had the Green Tea with Jasmine Flowers last year & we went for afternoon tea another twice as tea was so lovely 😀

45 minutes ago, beach bunnie said:

Can I get these teas anywhere/anytime or just at "Tea Time" in WIntergarden?  TIA

Our solution, take teabags from home, ask for kettle. Get decent size cups from world cafe. 

How to cause confusion at breakfast, ask the wait staff to please make the offered cup of tea with the teabag we provide, not the Viking supply. We think we were filed under 'English and odd'. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

The latest update to the SS package covers items by the glass up to $18 🙂 

You and I think alike!! I actually messaged with someone to confirm - HOWEVER... on a drink menu that i found on-line showed a little * by the $15 champagne, which meant it wasn't in the SS package. I think it might have been from last year, so things may have changed. It was also a different champagne, but comparable. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Murt22 said:

You and I think alike!! I actually messaged with someone to confirm - HOWEVER... on a drink menu that i found on-line showed a little * by the $15 champagne, which meant it wasn't in the SS package. I think it might have been from last year, so things may have changed. It was also a different champagne, but comparable. 

Noooooo!  Say it ain't so!  I hope it's included 🙂

15 minutes ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

Noooooo!  Say it ain't so!  I hope it's included 🙂

The menu posted today does NOT show the asterisk and he said it was included - so fingers crossed for our upcoming Alaska cruise. i will let you know since we go before you....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Murt22 said:

The menu posted today does NOT show the asterisk and he said it was included - so fingers crossed for our upcoming Alaska cruise. i will let you know since we go before you....

I will be hanging on your every word if you post while onboard 🙂.  (Jokingly!!) I expect a full report, lol.

1 minute ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

I will be hanging on your every word if you post while onboard 🙂.  (Jokingly!!) I expect a full report, lol.

I will promise to update you on the champagne situation, at least.... definitely get my SS money back on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Murt22 said:

I will promise to update you on the champagne situation, at least.... definitely get my SS money back on that.

SAME!!  They say it's a "thinking man's cruise" but at this price...it's a drinking man's cruise. (even if it is tea)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Murt22 said:

11 hours ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

11 hours ago, Murt22 said:

10 hours ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

SAME!!  They say it's a "thinking man's cruise" but at this price...it's a drinking man's cruise. (even if it is tea)

It's included. But I like the prosecco better.  The French is so yeasty it has a slightly turned taste to me.  YMMV 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 7:43 PM, KBs mum said:

Our solution, take teabags from home, ask for kettle. Get decent size cups from world cafe. 

How to cause confusion at breakfast, ask the wait staff to please make the offered cup of tea with the teabag we provide, not the Viking supply. We think we were filed under 'English and odd'. 🙂

Story of my life, I’m a nightmare if I don’t get a decent cuppa in the morning. On Viking I have had success by asking for a pot of tea, made with boiling water and two English Breakfast tea bags. When travelling independently I always have an emergency supply of Yorkshire teabags, just in case and I make good use of google translate to ask for a pot of boiling water (accompanied by frenzied hand gestures to illustrate boiling) I’d rather be thought of as an odd Englishwoman than tearful because I haven’t had my “fix” 😄

24 minutes ago, JollyJacqTar said:

Story of my life, I’m a nightmare if I don’t get a decent cuppa in the morning. On Viking I have had success by asking for a pot of tea, made with boiling water and two English Breakfast tea bags. When travelling independently I always have an emergency supply of Yorkshire teabags, just in case and I make good use of google translate to ask for a pot of boiling water (accompanied by frenzied hand gestures to illustrate boiling) I’d rather be thought of as an odd Englishwoman than tearful because I haven’t had my “fix” 😄

We travel with a mini kettle (unless on a cruise) can't understand which part of 'boiling water' is confusing. 

When in the USA our go to tactic is to identify a waitor who seems likely to have 'tea drinking country' immediate ancestry