Linked Reservations - what info can you see?

Hi.

This whole linking thing has got me very confused.

I went online and booked Chef's Table ahead of our cruise.

I added two guests from another cabin online (they gave me their birthdates and reservation number).

All fine, but it seems that now we are completely linked.  They show up anytime I try to book anything and I can see their link to pay remaining balance.

I'm curious whether we will also be able to each other's check-in info, print each other's docs, etc.?

It seems like a weird system that just because you want to eat dinner together, you end up completely linked.

It also leaves me wondering what to do for our regular early dining times for MDR. 

We have 12 people total in our group and would like to be seated at tables together (either one or two, depending on whether a table for 12 is even a possibility).  Do we have to link reservations to get a table together?  

I know everyone will recommend just waiting till we get on the ship, but with the ship being pretty fully booked, I would feel more comfortably trying to request this ahead of time.

33 minutes ago, scotlady said:

Hi.

I added two guests from another cabin online (they gave me their birthdates and reservation number).

All fine, but it seems that now we are completely linked.  They show up anytime I try to book anything and I can see their link to pay remaining balance.

I'm curious whether we will also be able to each other's check-in info, print each other's docs, etc.?

It seems like a weird system that just because you want to eat dinner together, you end up completely linked.

It also leaves me wondering what to do for our regular early dining times for MDR. 

We have 12 people total in our group and would like to be seated at tables together (either one or two, depending on whether a table for 12 is even a possibility).  Do we have to link reservations to get a table together?  

I know everyone will recommend just waiting till we get on the ship, but with the ship being pretty fully booked, I would feel more comfortably trying to request this ahead of time.

We’re kinda in your situation too!  I just called to request our reservations for  3 nights specialty dining for a group o 18. I was told it can’t be done until we’re onboard!  We’re all suites, so maybe our concierge can when he contacts us, don’t know but hopefully someone will answer us!  

7 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

We’re kinda in your situation too!  I just called to request our reservations for  3 nights specialty dining for a group o 18. I was told it can’t be done until we’re onboard!  We’re all suites, so maybe our concierge can when he contacts us, don’t know but hopefully someone will answer us!  

Your concierge should be able to help. When not in a suite, this is standard policy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scotlady said:

RCI thought it was doing you a favor for making future joint bookings easier.

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI thought it was doing you a favor for making future joint bookings easier.

Hmmm, maybe that's why they do it.  It seems a bit invasive if you're just traveling with friends, not family.  

But to the other part of the question - what else will linked people be able to see?  Let's say you've saved a credit card - would they be able to see that?  Would they be able to print your docs?  This one's a first for me, so not sure what exactly will be visible.

55 minutes ago, scotlady said:

Hmmm, maybe that's why they do it.  It seems a bit invasive if you're just traveling with friends, not family.  

But to the other part of the question - what else will linked people be able to see?  Let's say you've saved a credit card - would they be able to see that?  Would they be able to print your docs?  This one's a first for me, so not sure what exactly will be visible.

Last year I was linked with someone.  I could do a lot to their booking and vice versa.  I could check them in, change their arrival time, even answer their health questionnaire.  I could book things for them such as excursions, dinners, whatever.  I could see some personal info such as passport information but I don't recall seeing their credit card number.  I thought it was quite invasive.  My friend was incensed enough to complain to RCI Corporate.  He said they never responded.  So now we just have our agents link reservations for dining and that doesn't fully mesh the bookings.

4 minutes ago, scotlady said:

Yikes!

That is even worse than I thought.

But thanks to both of you for that information.  Just what I was looking for.

Guess I will call RCL and see if the accounts can be unlinked...

I link bookings on almost every cruise I go on. The key is to call RCI and tell the person you reach that you want to link bookings together only so you are seated together in the MDR. I had the same issue you are experiencing several years ago, but I never had the issue again since I started telling them to only link them for dining purposes.  

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

I link bookings on almost every cruise I go on. The key is to call RCI and tell the person you reach that you want to link bookings together only so you are seated together in the MDR. I had the same issue you are experiencing several years ago, but I never had the issue again since I started telling them to only link them for dining purposes.  

Yep, I figure it's my mistake for trying to save some time and do it online. 

The other thing I found interesting, is that there was a little "warning" saying that guests would be able to view each other's personal information, but when I clicked on the learn more link, it took me to some verbiage about Covid.  You know, websites REALLY aren't that hard to design properly 🙄

Like I said, I'll call and try to unlink, then redo the dining reservations.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, scotlady said:

The other thing I found interesting, is that there was a little "warning" saying that guests would be able to view each other's personal information, but when I clicked on the learn more link, it took me to some verbiage about Covid.  You know, websites REALLY aren't that hard to design properly 🙄

Like I said, I'll call and try to unlink, then redo the dining reservations.

Unless you are RCI. They have one of the worst IT departments in the business world. 

4 hours ago, scotlady said:

Hi.

I Have 4 cabins booked and all linked.  I can see some details for the restaurants and excursions that I booked for everyone; however, I could not check them in or have the same arrival time as a group which drove me crazy.  I got 11:30 and my son and daughter and family got 12 and 1 PM respectively.  I was told that the time is assigned when the individual(s) checks in with their required information.   Also, even though they are linked, I could not print their Sea Pass and tags.

Disney's IT is considered to be pretty crappy.  But, even they have the ability to blindly link people's accounts. So, for example, you can make a dining reservation with the other person as the lead, but you couldn't see they had Magic Kingdom reservations, for example.  

Edited by HappyTexan44