FCC questions

kangforpres

I would like to use them to buy some shore ex's for an upcoming cruise but it sounds like I either have to call my PCC or the general sales number to do this and not online. Also can you transfer an amount of the FCC to become an OBC?

Thanks, 

Paul

1 hour ago, aledomom said:

I'll be interested to hear the response to this.  I was under the impression that FCC could only be used to book a new cruise.

According to the Website 

Yes, FCCs can be applied to an existing booking. Please contact your Travel Advisor or your local Holland America Line reservations Call Center for assistance.

It was my understanding FCC was to be applied to the cost of a new cruise - not the activities on board, as well.  In other words, to pay for the cost of the cruise.  (I think that’s what the  website refers to).

If this can be done, I hope someone will post.  It’s the first I have heard of it.

FCC can only be used for the cost of the cruise. I have left over FCC ($30) that HAL will not allow to be converted to OBC on a currently booked cruise, they said it has to be used at booking. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't use an FCD to use as anything but a deposit on a cruise. A FCD reduces your deposit requirement and gives you OBC.

If, the OP is is truly talking about Future Cruise Credit, like from an incident or Covid, then forget that I said anything and continue with your day. FCC monies can only be used to pay for the cruise fare.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, REOVA said:

FCC can only be used for the cost of the cruise. I have left over FCC ($30) that HAL will not allow to be converted to OBC on a currently booked cruise, they said it has to be used at booking. 

This correct, we had a sizable FCC from our Covid incident last year. It had to be used by the end of this year or lose it.  We decide to use the FCC to book our cruise on the Koingsdam in November. We first looked at a standard Verandah cabin that would have left about $600 in FCC unused. I asked HAL if that $600 could be converted into OBS for the cruise and was told it could not be converted. We then booked the highest Verandah category, Aft Facing cabin, to use up the $600.

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

This correct, we had a sizable FCC from our Covid incident last year. It had to be used by the end of this year or lose it.  We decide to use the FCC to book our cruise on the Koingsdam in November. We first looked at a standard Verandah cabin that would have left about $600 in FCC unused. I asked HAL if that $600 could be converted into OBS for the cruise and was told it could not be converted. We then booked the highest Verandah category, Aft Facing cabin, to use up the $600.

Yep. Mine has to be used by November. I prebooked the cruise a year ago and priced it based on using all of the FCC. When I went to apply the balance, they had a price drop so I couldn't use up the FCC. Oh well. Saved on the price drop but losing the $30 left on FCC. 

8 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Yep. Mine has to be used by November. I prebooked the cruise a year ago and priced it based on using all of the FCC. When I went to apply the balance, they had a price drop so I couldn't use up the FCC. Oh well. Saved on the price drop but losing the $30 left on FCC. 

You could add prepaid gratuities, trip protection, transfers or anything else that hits the invoice and increases the total due, FCC is used to cover those charges.

Not things like specialty dining, excursions etc which would be covered by OBC.

I'm a fan of not voluntarily leaving $$ on the table.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

You could add prepaid gratuities, trip protection, transfers or anything else that hits the invoice and increases the total due, FCC is used to cover those charges.

Not things like specialty dining, excursions etc which would be covered by OBC.

I'm a fan of not voluntarily leaving $$ on the table.

It not worth the $30 as we are past final payment and have over $1000 OBC which will go to gratuities. We don't use HAL transfers or their insurance. Right now it would cost more than $30 extra to use the remaining balance. 

• Like 3

I was able to purchase a "Have it All" package for my upcoming cruise with my FCC's I got for being in Covid isolation on my last cruise. I called the PCC line and was able to do it.

I could not pre-pay gratuities or book and shore ex's with the FCC, but the Have it All package has $200 in Shore Ex credit.

I hope that clarifies the current state of using FCC's.

-Paul

7 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

I was able to purchase a "Have it All" package for my upcoming cruise with my FCC's I got for being in Covid isolation on my last cruise. I called the PCC line and was able to do it.

I could not pre-pay gratuities or book and shore ex's with the FCC, but the Have it All package has $200 in Shore Ex credit.

I hope that clarifies the current state of using FCC's.

-Paul

Have it All is part of your booking - even it it is offered after.

You should have been able to book it and glad you could 👍 

thanks for reporting.

• Like 1