Wow! Key much cheaper then Voom

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But how expensive is internet? Is The Key that cheap or is internet that expensive?

The Key was 30% off vs nothing off of Voom.

I hurried up to book, just in case lol

47 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

Voom 25.99. pp/pd $363.86

Key 20.99 pp/pd $293.86 total

Sorry, Key $70 less then Voom for week

That's what my cruise is too. 20.99 pp for the key. I'm solo so it's actually a decent price is I didnt get 2 days free. 

Maybe your internet just hadnt been marked down yet. 

I'm at 17.99 for internet

20.99 for the key, so still $3 pppd higher for the key. 

20230727_161808940.jpeg

I check my sailings a LOT for this difference, and I'll make a few observations based on 2 people sailing together. 

1. For Internet package - ALWAYS look at the 1 person 2 device pricing - it's much less expensive than two single device plans. 

2. For internet packages - I have found a lot of price fluctuations over time - probably more so that most other things you can purchase.  Always look for sales.  I've almost always ended up paying $17 per device per day 1 person, 2 device plan

For me, I would buy Key if it was around $3-5 pppd more than internet alone, but I've never seen it that close. 

And taking the lead in Key pricing:

image.png.76f43b22e111888387226398a8485267.png

Internet 2 device package = $195.93

They Key 2 Pax = $279.86

So our internet price was still better, but the gap is certainly narrow!  It's about $42 per person for the week. The only benefits I think we'd use are boarding day lunch and the carryon dropoff. I'm not sure if those two benefits are worth $42 each. We don't use the fast lane offerings, there are no tender ports, and We have Diamond+ status for everything else. I feel like they need a VIP Pass offering that scales with loyalty status as these don't seem all that great to us any more. 

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

And taking the lead in Key pricing:

image.png.76f43b22e111888387226398a8485267.png

Internet 2 device package = $195.93

They Key 2 Pax = $279.86

So our internet price was still better, but the gap is certainly narrow!  It's about $42 per person for the week. The only benefits I think we'd use are boarding day lunch and the carryon dropoff. I'm not sure if those two benefits are worth $42 each. We don't use the fast lane offerings, there are no tender ports, and We have Diamond+ status for everything else. I feel like they need a VIP Pass offering that scales with loyalty status as these don't seem all that great to us any more. 

Currently, our cost would be $48 pp for the same benefits (boarding day lunch, carryon drop) and fast lane/port tenders not needed. Debark day is irrelevent as we're on a B2B. The price for each would have to drop significantly to be considered.