World Class Bar Feedback & Edge Class Specialty Bars

Islander500

I want to love the World Class Bar (WCB) but I just don't.  I keep going back every time I cruise with an open mind, but nope. Does anyone else really, really miss the Liquid Chef's (Junior Merino's) drink options when Celebrity started this concept on the Solstice class ships?  It was so much more fun, and so many more interesting, tasty  drink options! The well-trained bartenders would ask you what you liked that was on their menu, and then make you something different that they figured you might like from your preferences. I can remember trying every single drink on their menu throughout a cruise and liking them all (well, except the avocado one.)

Question: Is there anything more interesting than the WCB on Edge Class with different specialty drink options, or should I expect the same "world class" options on the Edge class ships?

19 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

I want to love the World Class Bar (WCB) but I just don't.  I keep going back every time I cruise with an open mind, but nope. Does anyone else really, really miss the Liquid Chef's (Junior Merino's) drink options when Celebrity started this concept on the Solstice class ships?  It was so much more fun, and so many more interesting, tasty  drink options! The well-trained bartenders would ask you what you liked that was on their menu, and then make you something different that they figured you might like from your preferences. I can remember trying every single drink on their menu throughout a cruise and liking them all (well, except the avocado one.)

Question: Is there anything more interesting than the WCB on Edge Class with different specialty drink options, or should I expect the same "world class" options on the Edge class ships?

WCB is only on the Beyond and the soon to be Ascent.  Eden has interesting drinks to try tho

I didn't mind the menu on the Solstice class ships, but it was a little limited. I don't love the one I see for the Beyond. I was just on my first Princess cruise and much preferred their Good Spirits at Sea bar. In fact, I preferred most of their bar menus to Celebrity. I didn't think the food was as good, but given how much cheaper it was than Celebrity (and I love the medallion app- to have a drink from any bar delivered!), I might be jumping ship!

Edited by InTheDrink

We loved the WCB on the Reflection.  The WCB on Beyond was good but I didn't like it as much.  The one drink we always get, the Old Fashioned, was better on the Reflection than the Beyond.  I do like the bar because it's quiet.

• Like 1

I like the WCB on S class.  It is not crowded and the bartender gives you plenty of attention.  They also have all of the premium spirits.  It is good if you know what drinks to try.  Just order whatever drink you like.

5 hours ago, Islander500 said:

That bar was called the Molecular Bar. We actually sailed with Junior Merino once. He was onboard training some of the bartenders.  It was so much fun chatting with him each night. He was very protective of his "product " and wanted control over how his bar was managed. I'm not sure he was satisfied with how Celebrity reprrsented him.We loved the drinks that were created there. Definitely miss it!

• Like 1

I have no problems or issues with the WCB.  It is one of our favorites.  

The first time  on X was on the Solstice.  We went to the Molecular Bar and ask the BT about the drinks being served there.   We didn’t have a drink package and I don’t know if it was available.  My wife and I were the only people there.   He said we should have been here when I had the demonstration at 6 pm.    I don’t have the time to waste explaining them to you.    

We left and never went back.  He was very arrogant and rude.  

A few cruises later we had the drink package as a promo.  We loved that bar.  The BTs were very friendly and professional.   I think they were the best BTs on board.  When it changed to the WCB the only difference was the drink menu.   The BTs were still the best.  

Recently on the Beyond they now serve other drinks along with bottled water and etc.  It wasn’t like before when they only served what was on the drink menu.   I think it now makes it easier for the BTs not explain and deny people that only want a bottle of water or something else.  

We always get the old fashion but ask for bourbon instead of the rum.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, I'llGoAnywhere said:

That bar was called the Molecular Bar. We actually sailed with Junior Merino once. He was onboard training some of the bartenders.  It was so much fun chatting with him each night. He was very protective of his "product " and wanted control over how his bar was managed. I'm not sure he was satisfied with how Celebrity reprrsented him.We loved the drinks that were created there. Definitely miss it!

That was a wonderful experience for us, too. Wonder if it was the same cruise? Both he and his wife were on board and very chatty but also very focused on the training & exacting drink proportions.  We went every single evening! I loved seeing all the fresh garnishes lined across the bar for the creative & tasty drinks. 😍

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I like the WCB on S class.  It is not crowded and the bartender gives you plenty of attention.  They also have all of the premium spirits.  It is good if you know what drinks to try.  Just order whatever drink you like.

You’re right.  I could order what I like but tend to always order the same thing.  That’s what I loved about the Molecular Bar (thanks for reminding me of its name @I’llGoAnywhere). It had a variety of options that were very appealing that I wouldn’t have known to order otherwise.  

20 minutes ago, quacker5 said:

You’re right.  I could order what I like but tend to always order the same thing.  That’s what I loved about the Molecular Bar (thanks for reminding me of its name @I’llGoAnywhere). It had a variety of options that were very appealing that I wouldn’t have known to order otherwise.  

Sigh...

Why did they get rid of the molecular bar?

Or at least provide a tasting menu?

Was it like a pool bar where people just want sugary drinks?  Margaritas with a sugary mix?  Oh the blasphemy!  Not a real drink!

Or are they just missing a menu to give people ideas of what to order?

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh...

Why did they get rid of the molecular bar?

Or at least provide a tasting menu?

Was it like a pool bar where people just want sugary drinks?  Margaritas with a sugary mix?  Oh the blasphemy!  Not a real drink!

Or are they just missing a menu to give people ideas of what to order?

No pina coladas or fruit daiquiries at all.  My recollection is they were real adult drinks but with a flair.

Check The Molecular Bar by Junior Merino on YouTube. Couldn’t share it here but watching it after all these years made me smile!  

Edited by quacker5
  • Like 2