Question about Black Friday specials

We are scheduled for back to back on Independence leavng Miami on 11/26. In the past when we were cruising pre-pandemic I always seemed to be a day late on the special sales. 

What can we expect for specials on Black Friday and would it be too late for our 11/26 and 11/30 sail dates? Primarily interested in Soft Drink package, cabin discounts, and dining discounts. 

11 minutes ago, temple1 said:

We are scheduled for back to back on Independence leavng Miami on 11/26. In the past when we were cruising pre-pandemic I always seemed to be a day late on the special sales. 

What can we expect for specials on Black Friday and would it be too late for our 11/26 and 11/30 sail dates? Primarily interested in Soft Drink package, cabin discounts, and dining discounts. 

Unknown yet, some yrs better then other's. Soft Drinks at times have Deal if you Combine with Internet for whole Cruise get some off. Year before Covid Soft Drinks went up to $10.50 a Day and then there was Sale bringing cost back down. Otherwise no Sale on them. Cabin Sale, not usual/likely with Ship Cabin Sales so high

Edited by ONECRUISER

12 minutes ago, temple1 said:

What can we expect for specials on Black Friday

No one can answer that. Past sales do not guarantee what this year’s sale will look like.

Many things are continuing to increase in price so who knows what the base price or sale price will be by November?

13 minutes ago, temple1 said:

I havent seen cruise price specials on new bookings. Too late to price match for your cruise, its past final payment. 

I've gotten excursions on only a few bookings, not all had the sale prices. Also have seen the soda and wifi for $20 pkg. We all hope for some great deals. Last year coco cay access was supposedly half price. 99 for the rides and $149 for the other beach area with lunch. Pp. 

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We are also on the 11/26 and 11/30 ID cruises.  We are also on the 11/6.

Good to know, this is our first back to back. I hope they make it easy for us. 

17 minutes ago, temple1 said:

They will.  B2B are great !!  ...and very easy.  Be sure that "they" know that you are doing a B2B.  If you are in a suite, the Concierge can help with that.  If you aren't in a suite, just drop by Guest Services on day 1 or 2 and make sure they have you down as B2B'ers.  See you onboard !!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, temple1 said:

We did our first B2B on Indy last July. It was very simple. You'll get instructions for everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temple1 said:

Black Friday sales will start on the Saturday before so that will be Nov. 18 this year. It will not be too late for your cruise but be at your keyboard on the 18th.

The best discounts have been the photo packages, private island excursions like zip lines and jet skis, and the internet package.

Some decent discounts on shore excursions for other islands or ports but it is hit and miss.

Minor discounts on the beverage packages and dining packages, maybe a few dollars below the best sales you see at major holiday sales. The beverage package discounts are limited so be at your keyboard at midnight.

It is very unlikely you will see any cabin discounts and you are too close to sailing to change anyway.

• Thanks 1

Don't assume the beverage package discounts will be the best on Black Friday. We had an Oasis sailing in 2021 where I waited until Black Friday to buy the Deluxe package. A few weeks before it had dropped to $57pp per day and on Black Friday it was $62 pp per day so I ended up missing out on the best deal. While certainly Black Friday has a rep for good Cruise Planner sales, it's important to still follow the advice to book as soon as the product hits a price you're willing to pay. It's easy to cancel and rebook if Black Friday is better, but you won't necessarily see a better discount come back if you miss it.

• Like 1