Confused About the New Charges

tjcletzgo

As a standard fare cruiser it is to my advantage to activate the Order Now button on the app or TV and skip the room service ordering on the phone. 

20230731_191509.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

As a standard fare cruiser it is to my advantage to activate the Order Now button on the app or TV and skip the room service ordering on the phone. 

20230731_191509.jpg

It depends how often you are going to use room service / Order from app

13 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

Okay, do we pay room service charges if we order off the tv, or do we need to pay the $14.99 Ocean Now charge?

Pay $15 once if planning to order things to where you are or to the cabin and you are good to go.

If one person can do all the ordering, then just do it that way and save extra $15.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

It depends how often you are going to use room service / Order from app

I only use room service to trade my minibar & order elite tea .... both Captain Circle benefits & nc per my CVP (friend dbl checking that in October,  I go in November). I will use Order Now multiple times as I love the greek salad & key lime dessert while sitting in the piazza. So yeah JMHO worth it

• Like 1

In all my previous cruises, I never ordered anything using the app, thus, no need to pay $14.99.  For room service, I always ordered using the TV.  So, now with the new changes, if I continue not ordering anything through the app, and order food through Room Service using the TV and have food deliver to my cabin, will I still need to pay $5 for each order through the TV?  Thank you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I could be wrong, but I really don't think they are going to charge Elite and Suite guests $5 to do the mini-bar swaps.  I try to get order in as soon as board to save the extra trip anyway.

My understanding uis that a swap is different from an order

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

In all my previous cruises, I never ordered anything using the app, thus, no need to pay $14.99.  For room service, I always ordered using the TV.  So, now with the new changes, if I continue not ordering anything through the app, and order food through Room Service using the TV and have food deliver to my cabin, will I still need to pay $5 for each order through the TV?  Thank you.

The TV uses Order Now part of the app so you still need to activate that ($14.99). Room service charge is for phone orders 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Can someone please explain why Princess charges $5 for RS if you use the phone but not if you use the app/tv?   Is it just about saving the costs of employing people to take the orders over the phone?

Edited by gah_cruise

1 hour ago, gah_cruise said:

Can someone please explain why Princess charges $5 for RS if you use the phone but not if you use the app/tv?   Is it just about saving the costs of employing people to take the orders over the phone?

If you are on standard fare you will be charged to activate the service

2 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

16 minutes ago, memoak said:

Which means you pay a 1-time fee of $15 to use App or TV ordering to anywhere you are.  Although TV is going to be cabin default.

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

I know I will be charged $15 to activate "Ocean Now"...but as a standard fare I will still be charged $5 for In-Room phone service..........that is my question ....why charge for phone but not charge for app/tv.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 211833.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

I know I will be charged $15 to activate "Ocean Now"...but as a standard fare I will still be charged $5 for In-Room phone service..........that is my question ....why charge for phone but not charge for app/tv.

If you activate and use Ocean Now delivery in App or TV, you just pay the one-time $15 and will not pay for RS if leave phone alone.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Steelers36 said:

If you activate and use Ocean Now delivery in App or TV, you just pay the one-time $15 and will not pay for RS if leave phone alone.

Yeah, I know this.........I don't have to pay per order if I leave the phone alone.

My question is.....why will Princess charge me for using the phone for each order..but happy for me to use an app/tv to order RS?

What is it that Princess is trying to achieve by dissuading me from talking to a Room Service Human ?

7 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

Yeah, I know this.........I don't have to pay per order if I leave the phone alone.

My question is.....why will Princess charge me for using the phone for each order..but happy for me to use an app/tv to order RS?

What is it that Princess is trying to achieve by dissuading me from talking to a Room Service Human ?

They need less people manning the phones and there are less mistakes.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I could be wrong, but I really don't think they are going to charge Elite and Suite guests $5 to do the mini-bar swaps.  I try to get order in as soon as board to save the extra trip anyway.

On my last cruise on Majestic in May, they just had the room steward change out the minibar. It was done immediately, with no calls or waiting, whereas on previous cruises it took several days for them to get around to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rj59 said:

On my last cruise on Majestic in May, they just had the room steward change out the minibar. It was done immediately, with no calls or waiting, whereas on previous cruises it took several days for them to get around to it.

I have always had the change made within 24 hours

56 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

agree with your thoughts.....but will service time improve?

Remains to be seen. People were not happy with wrong ,delayed or not delivered orders when they were included. You can bet they will be fuming at the purser's desk if what they pay extra for gets messed up. I feel for the onboard staff. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

This is pretty normal..eg phone reservations for Aeroplan has a $25 booking fee but free online or on app

Costs more to have a human there and way less efficient 

• Like 1

This has to be one of the most ridiculous fees I've ever seen. These cruise lines continue to invent silly ways to soak the customer for more and more money at every turn. You'd need an advanced degree to understand which fare is charged a fee, based on which method you choose to order. Very very sad. We continue to reach new lows.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2