What if your Medallions do not arrive before you leave for your trip?

Worldtraveler 4727

Sorry--this has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer....

Has someone experienced ordering Medallions and having to leave before they arrive in the mail to your home?

We ordered ours, but will likely not be here 10 days before--we might be here 20 days before if they are mailed out to us early enough, but there is no way to know when they will arrive. If we are gone, the Medallions will be sitting in our held mail at home. 

Does Princess just have another Medallion for you upon embarkation if you arrive without yours??

17 minutes ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

Sorry--this has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer....

Has someone experienced ordering Medallions and having to leave before they arrive in the mail to your home?

We ordered ours, but will likely not be here 10 days before--we might be here 20 days before if they are mailed out to us early enough, but there is no way to know when they will arrive. If we are gone, the Medallions will be sitting in our held mail at home. 

Does Princess just have another Medallion for you upon embarkation if you arrive without yours??

They usually arrive 10-14 days before.  Never had them any earlier than that.

No big deal, just check in the blue lane to pick up your medallions.  Just tell them you never received them.  Only takes a few minutes more.

Since you say you will not be there within the usual ten days delivery time. Be sure someone you trust is picking up your mail. Having had an issue with mail theft, and a problem tied to criminals knowing we were on vacation, if thieves read the Medallion they will see the dates you will be away.

Having had that experience, I cannot understand one good reason why anyone has theirs mailed.

This was my experience when my medallion did not arrive in time for my sailing out of San Pedro. 

In the check in terminal, I was issued a ‘cruise card’ which would allow me to board the ship. I was instructed to go to guest services to exchange for a ‘medallion’. On a previous sailing out of San Pedro, my sister did not have her medallion and they made one for her in the terminal that took only a few minutes.

I think issuing a cruise card is easier than having an additional ‘medallion’ making machine in the terminal, since every ship has them on board to replace lost, defective or non working ones. This may vary by port and facilities available.

As far as custom designs, it is my understanding these are ‘stickers’ and I do not know if the ships or terminals stock these items.

22 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Since you say you will not be there within the usual ten days delivery time. Be sure someone you trust is picking up your mail. Having had an issue with mail theft, and a problem tied to criminals knowing we were on vacation, if thieves read the Medallion they will see the dates you will be away.

Having had that experience, I cannot understand one good reason why anyone has theirs mailed.

Excellent food for thought. 
Same goes for not posting here, or any social media while away. 

Seems like “pick up at terminal” is the solid way to go. 

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

This was my experience when my medallion did not arrive in time for my sailing out of San Pedro. 

In the check in terminal, I was issued a ‘cruise card’ which would allow me to board the ship. I was instructed to go to guest services to exchange for a ‘medallion’. On a previous sailing out of San Pedro, my sister did not have her medallion and they made one for her in the terminal that took only a few minutes.

I think issuing a cruise card is easier than having an additional ‘medallion’ making machine in the terminal, since every ship has them on board to replace lost, defective or non working ones. This may vary by port and facilities available.

As far as custom designs, it is my understanding these are ‘stickers’ and I do not know if the ships or terminals stock these items.

Huh, strange.  Cruising from San Pedro last year, my sister didn't have a medallion, they had a bunch extra and just did something to it (programmed it for her room, name,etc.?) and gave it to her within a couple of minutes.  

Same scenario in Sydney in February.  They had stacks of extra medallions in an area at check-out.

14 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Cruising from San Pedro last year, my sister didn't have a medallion, they had a bunch extra and just did something to it (programmed it for her room, name,etc.?) and gave it to her within a couple of minutes.  

The Medallions have a code like a car license plate. It does not get reprogrammed, just the code is associated with your account. On longer cruises, the batteries go dead and the Medallion is re-issued at Passenger Services. You start to notice your cabin door doesn't open.

• Like 1