Vision questions about Grand Suite Dining & Diamond Lounge

barric

We seniors will sail for the first time on RCL in a Grand Suite and have obtained Diamond status from being Celebrity Elite.  Our ship is Vision of the Seas.  Here are my questions:

1  Is there a dedicated restaurant for suite guests?  Does Vision have the "Coastal" venue?  Or do we just get the main dining room?

2.  Diamond Lounge.   RCL info says there are foods and cocktails in the evening.   Are the drinks complementary or do we have to use a voucher?

The information I have read so far is not very clear, so I appreciate replies.

1. No separate suite restaurant (Oasis and Quantum class ships)

2. Vouchers are used so no unlimited happy hour. Food in Diamond lounge is hors dourves 

not positive but you might get breakfast in a specialty restaurant setting (we did on Freedom class ships)

Edited by Tulsacoker
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, barric said:

We seniors will sail for the first time on RCL in a Grand Suite and have obtained Diamond status from being Celebrity Elite.  Our ship is Vision of the Seas.  Here are my questions:

1  Is there a dedicated restaurant for suite guests?  Does Vision have the "Coastal" venue?  Or do we just get the main dining room?

2.  Diamond Lounge.   RCL info says there are foods and cocktails in the evening.   Are the drinks complementary or do we have to use a voucher?

1.  No dedicated suites restaurant (No Coastal) on Vision but you will get a complimentary breakfast in a specialty restaurant (almost certainly, Chops).  All other meals will be either in the MDR or specialty restaurants (extra $$).

2.  Since you are in a full suite and will be [equivalent] Diamond C&A level due to your X status, you will have access to both the suites lounge and the diamond lounge.  The nightly happy hour beverages in the suites lounge will be complimentary.  If you go to the Diamond lounge for Happy Hour you would have to use your C&A vouchers for your drinks, so it is in your best interest to stick to the Suites lounge for your nightly drinks.

Enjoy Vision.  She is an older ship but very elegant.  She is one of our favorites.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barric said:

The suite lounge and the diamond lounge will both have a specialty coffee machine you might want to try for breakfast. Also a continental breakfast. Sometimes things like donuts filled with creme are only in these spots, not in the buffet or Mdr. Salmon, fruit, bagels, pastries. I stop by for fruit and a donut if they have them. 

I thought they had breakfast served in chops or some special place for breakfast too for suites and pinnacles. 

You can also order room service from the main dining room menu at no charge. We do this 2-3 evenings, do their specialty restaurants 2-3 evenings, and the windjammer 1-2 evenings depending on the menu. Haven’t set foot in the main dining room since we started sailing in suites. We enjoy the food, just not the atmosphere.

• Like 1

We just got off the Vision two weeks ago and were in a 2-bd Grand Suite. Breakfast is served in Chops. The staff are amazing! Also, I recommend spending time in the suite lounge. The wait staff and Concierge are second-to-none! Jaime, the Concierge, will go out of his way to make sure you have a fantastic cruise. We also thought the drinks there were some of the best onboard. Of course, we did tip well so take that into consideration. Also note that there is NO Suite sun deck area. This is the letter we received in our suite:  

IMG_3707.jpeg

• Like 1