Power cords and extension cords.

muffin

You may bring extension cords that are plain, old-fashioned cords. There CANNOT be a surge protector on the cord. 

I always bring a cord to use with my CPAP, and often need it in my pre-cruise hotel. I keep it packed in my carry-on luggage so it's not forgotten.
I have never had a problem getting it onboard. 

• Like 1

I hope they are confiscated......Sounds like a fire hazard on a ship. 

Here is the official answer from HAL's website FAQ's.

Electrical devices such as small fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords without surge protectors are allowed onboard when used with proper caution.  However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard they will be confiscated.

Confiscated prohibited items are to be returned to Guest(s) ONLY on the actual day of disembarkation/end of voyage and ONLY after guest has scanned off at the gangway. Item(s) to be returned at a designated location shore-side (whether this be inside the terminal, a tent or table on the quay …) against and after verification of Confiscated Items Receipt and Guest’s Signature confirming return.”

The above list is not exhaustive. The SSO/Staff Captain are authorized to make a professional judgment as to the legality of any item declared, detected or discovered on board.

12 minutes ago, muffin said:

Thank you for the official statement. Is it a two prong outlet on the ship or a three prong?  Noordam . 

Here is a photo of a typical HAL Vista-class desktop electrical outlet:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-westerdam/IMG_1721-2.jpg

FWIW here is a photo from the HAL safety video of prohibited extension cords.  If it looks similar, it may be confiscated:

HAL-Prohibited-Electrical-Adapters.jpg

Edited by Crew News

I bring

1. a 10 ft. extension cord [no surge protection]

2. a short corded round "power strip" with 3 outlets & 3 usb ports

3.  a EU to US adapter so that I can use the EU outlets.

Never had any issue with them at check in.

Since they're in use primarily while we're asleep, I do remove them and put them in a drawer when we're not in the room.

• Like 1

You can request an extension cord be added to the special services list from your PCC or TA. It's a no charge addition. Like @RuthCR said, it's safer to bring your own.

Edited by POA1