Excursions

cruzfiend

As far as I'm aware, excursions are offered by individual companies that contract with Celebrity. On our cruises this year we've had conversations with excursions operators and most of them had a pretty rough time for the past couple of years. Their staff may be gone, or they didn't have the capital to keep their equipment or businesses going during the shut down. Tourism is a tough business ... some of the excursion companies may just be gone with no replacement. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cruzfiend said:

Is it me, or has Celebrity taken away most catamaran excursions? The excursions that they do offer are quite lame. IMHO

Since you don’t tell us where you’re going, it’s hard for us to comment on your concern.

We have multiple cruises booked to the Caribbean and we normally do the catamarans. Celebrity isn't offering the Fury (which I know is still operating) or Antiqua by Sea (still operating). We are disappointed, and just wondered if anyone had knowledge of why? 

1 hour ago, cruzfiend said:

Is it me, or has Celebrity taken away most catamaran excursions? The excursions that they do offer are quite lame. IMHO

Can you book the excursions you prefer privately?

What’s wrong with the excursions on offer through Celebrity?

Edited by WestLakeGirl

18 hours ago, cruzfiend said:

We no longer do any cruise line tours, they are too limited, overpriced and in too large a group in most cases. We have been very successful in finding private tours for our upcoming 6 cruises.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We no longer do any cruise line tours, they are too limited, overpriced and in too large a group in most cases. We have been very successful in finding private tours for our upcoming 6 cruises.

Agree, mostly try to do this with my cruises overall.  Much better deals smaller groups etc overall.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Agree, mostly try to do this with my cruises overall.  Much better deals smaller groups etc overall.  

We just booked a small group wine tour with lunch in Bay Of Islands, New Zealand for $118pp with max of 11 people. A similar Celebrity tour was $189pp.

Edited by terrydtx