What kind of cabin did you end up with after booking a guarantee?

jonthomas

We booked an inside guarantee a long time ago, sailing Sept 30, Pacific Coastal.

This is an add on to our Sept 7th Alaska cruise, in a balcony.

Have not yet received the cabin allocation. The ship, Regatta is fully booked.

Of course we are very curious where we will end up. Just hope for mid ship, Inside is fine. 

For those who had guarantees, what did you end up getting?

• Like 1

We did a guarantee for our first O cruise - cabin grade was Oceanview - we got that, but it was a connecting room so noisy. 

The dregs are what ends up in the guarantees. 

• Like 1

I would think this late in the game will not be the best of,choices. We booked a cruise in Guarantee for a B1 in September 2022 for a sail date in May 2023.  We were actually moved to Confirmed in late January 2023 about a month prior to Final Payment. Have to say was more of our doing though as we continued to look at our cruise every couple of days.  One day we looked and our category indicated Available!  We got on the phone to our O rep and she booked it.  While we were thrilled, it does kind of make you wonder how the whole process works though. 

• Thanks 1

1st O, 2016 Regatta.  Booked an inside GTY.  (12 night $1999 pp including air regular price -- not on sale-- Wow!!). Yes, the good old O days, we were so impressed with everything.

Received OV obstructed, the coveted 6030.  Not totally obstructed; a small "commander's lifeboat" in front of large window, with ample visibility. (6033 same).

Cabin is small, but adequate. O

has now rebranded deck 6 obstructed cabins as Solo cabins.

My cat. D GTY has not yet been assigned for September.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

49 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

We booked an inside guarantee a long time ago, sailing Sept 30, Pacific Coastal.

Have not yet received the cabin allocation. The ship, Regatta is fully booked.

Are you sure?  O's website does not show a Sept. 30 Regatta cruise.  Only the 7th, 20th and 27th.

• Like 1

Not O but disney.  First cruise we did booked a guarantee on Disney due to lower price.  Got a very good cabin. In O's case gty seems to be a catagory between available and waitlisted so no change in price but if you want to go on that itinerary it's logical you'd book it that way.

I have only booked a GTY once  on Princess 

They had 1 cabin in the bow  area available   we took a chance  booked  a GTY in hopes  some other cabin would  open up

Well guess what

After that  I never book  GTY or  wait list

If there is no cabin I can choose  then no cruise  for me

Even when I get an upgrade offer I ask  "Where is the cabin"

YMMV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

not good....

if that is the case, I will never do that again...

I think the issue is that O has so many repeaters that they know the good cabins so what is left to go to gty is always the not so good.

FWIW I like the ocean views on O class ships and as long as it wasn’t a gty I would go for that grade again, they sell out very quickly. 

Guarantee is strictly an algorithm game. That’s it. How many are booked, how many are waitlisted, historically how many cancel. Let the algorithms spin the numbers. If you have a guarantee, you get in the ship. If the algorithm misses it, Oceania makes offers to other passengers until they get an open cabin. The guarantee gets what opens up and is left.

Possibilities are endless. Maybe a PH opens, Oceania then offers upgrades to passengers for the PH, then a lower cabin will open. Maybe stop there, maybe keep going. Chances that D Cabin guarantee gets the PH, very slim. No such thing as guaranteed gets the worst cabins. They get whatever is left after the process.

Did a Guarantee once. After FP, my category was still full, but they offered us an upgrade open cabin at full new cabin price. We didn’t have to take the offer. We could have let the game continue and wait it out. We liked the cabin and the upgrade and took the offer. Game over. Haven’t played since.

I believe details were, we had an A2 guarantee, they offered a PH2 at full PH2 cost.

I do not think  cabins  are bad  but maybe just not  in a location you may want to be 

For me  no insides, nothing past the forward elevator banks  or connecting cabins 

most other locations are OK

everyone has their preferences 😉

1 minute ago, goletans said:

When we booked a guarantee we had no idea where we would end up until embarkation. We got an A-1 cabin!

What category  did you pay for?

WAAAAY  back  in the early years  we booked  a D  cabin on Insignia   we ended up with an A  cabin deck 7  long before the  Concierge  level was invented 😉

10 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

To state the obvious, but sometimes overlooked...

When you book "guarantee", you get a cabin they didn't expect anyone else to want.  😞

I’d say it may depend  in which category you are doing it in.  So not always true. We did GTY on Vista for a B1.   We ended up with stateroom 8071.   I’d take that stateroom any time. 

2 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

To state the obvious, but sometimes overlooked...

When you book "guarantee", you get a cabin they didn't expect anyone else to want.  😞

not  necessarily

They  will book so many  GTY  cabins in the Category    just incase people cancel before the  final payment  or something happens closer to sailing

They  will make offers  to those that booked  a specific cabin  to move  off or up to another  category to clear the GTY  list

They do not hold  the worst cabin   for those on  the GTY list 😉

• Like 1