Hyatt Place via Value Trips Wuestion

thebutlerdidit

4 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m looking for a couple of rooms for Feb ‘24. On the booking sites, Hyatt Place shows Sold Out. Would this be because they do a high volume of their business through Value Trips? 

I would guess not, but IDK for sure. If they are sold out, it could be something going on, besides the cruises, like the Boat show or convention.

VT may be out in October with booking dates and blackouts. I’ve seen them as late as Jan 7th,

coming out with them.  And I was wanting to book Feb. 

So, definitely have a backup reservation somewhere.

15 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m looking for a couple of rooms for Feb ‘24. On the booking sites, Hyatt Place shows Sold Out. Would this be because they do a high volume of their business through Value Trips? 

The booking for 2024 with ValueTrips isn't out yet. Book directly as a member with Hilton and then watch for VT to open their schedule end of 2023.

Is it any day during President's Day (Monday, February 19) week?  That is the busiest week in February because many public schools in New England and other parts of the country are on winter break.  Hotel rooms (and cruises) are more expensive and frequently sell out.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PammyMouse said:

Quick question - if I can get a reservation, are the Value Trips rates pre-pay?  
Thanks,

PM

With Value Trips, when you book through their site you put a credit card down to hold a reservation.  Their site only shows hotel rate not with tax.  Your email confirmation will show total hotel cost (hotel rate + tax) and hotel reservation number .  It says if you need to cancel, you need to contact with hotel direct.

You pay at the hotel.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, njgirl said:

Does Hyatt Place offer a free Airport Shuttle?  What about a cruise port shuttle?

Thanks.

Not free...I believe it went from $2.00 per room reservation to now $5.00 per room reservation.

They offer a hotel to PE shuttle for around $10.00+ pp...check directly with the hotel for current rate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, njgirl said:

Does Hyatt Place offer a free Airport Shuttle?  What about a cruise port shuttle?

Thanks.

We just take a taxi   it is not much more to the port  & you are not stopping at other terminals

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Airport shuttle is $5 per room, not P.P.

Ok well that will be nice if it is the case however Hyatt place said they use avanti shuttle to contact them for price. I did and they told me $5 per person in their email. So maybe it has changed but the shuttle company told me last week $5 per person not $5 per room. 

I also checked with the hotel on the cruise shuttle pricing and they said $9 per person (last week). 

8 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

Ok well that will be nice if it is the case however Hyatt place said they use avanti shuttle to contact them for price. I did and they told me $5 per person in their email. So maybe it has changed but the shuttle company told me last week $5 per person not $5 per room. 

I also checked with the hotel on the cruise shuttle pricing and they said $9 per person (last week). 

Then this is a fairly recent change for the FLL to hotel shuttle.

9 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

It has gone up then since our last stay. Still cheap compared to a cab.

That depends on how many passengers are in your party. Shuttles charge per passenger.  Cabs, Uber and Lyft charge per vehicle. Two shuttle passengers at $9 each (an $18 ride) is at the top of a cab price from Hyatt Place to most of the terminals at Port Everglades especially terminals 2 and 4 that are barely a mile away and before the security check point which can slow vehicles down.  We took an Uber XL for 4 people and lots of luggage to terminal 2 in July for $18.  The shuttle now would cost $36 for the same distance.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 10:18 AM, capriccio said:

That depends on how many passengers are in your party. Shuttles charge per passenger.  Cabs, Uber and Lyft charge per vehicle. Two shuttle passengers at $9 each (an $18 ride) is at the top of a cab price from Hyatt Place to most of the terminals at Port Everglades especially terminals 2 and 4 that are barely a mile away and before the security check point which can slow vehicles down.  We took an Uber XL for 4 people and lots of luggage to terminal 2 in July for $18.  The shuttle now would cost $36 for the same distance.

I meant from the airport, sorry.