Boarding With Duty Free Wine.

Grand Cru

And you aren't limited to only one bottle ... You didn't specify the amount in your question, so just thought I'd throw that in with my answer!  It really doesn't matter if it's duty free or not, however.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

I've never brought wine onboard, mainly because I don't want to carry a bottle of wine to the dining room.  Is there any discreet way to have the wine sent to the sommelier?

Get your butler to take it for you

You could always go  when the restaurant is closing  mid day & hand it  over

Have seen pax taking their bottle to dinner it is not really an issue

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Duty free is a major ripoff if you can get booze in your embark city.

Not so sure it's as cut and dried as this. But I'm sure you have your reasons. 

I do know that years ago Duty Free shops in the Caribbean had some really great deals, especially on Single Malts. Now I never see a good deal at them. I do occasionally pick up a bottle or two at an airport Duty Free, but simply for the convenience of it, not for the price. 

8 hours ago, YoPhilly said:

I've never brought wine onboard, mainly because I don't want to carry a bottle of wine to the dining room.  Is there any discreet way to have the wine sent to the sommelier?

You can arrange to drop off your bottle ahead of time - they can even open and decant at a given time if you wish.

Also if you know you will drink certain bottles in the restaurants, your can hand over the bottles ahead of time (And corkage may be charged them iirc). Then you can summon the bottle by your cabin number.

We decided it was easier for all to simply carry the bottle from our cabin. 

• Like 1

On one Oceania cruise I had brought 2 bottles of well aged Canadian Ice Wine.  Shares it with our table mates and the sommelier as the way she was looking at the wine as she pour it.  I just knew she would love to taste it.  Providing that tasting sample to her, we never were charged the corkage fee.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

On one Oceania cruise I had brought 2 bottles of well aged Canadian Ice Wine.  Shares it with our table mates and the sommelier as the way she was looking at the wine as she pour it.  I just knew she would love to taste it.  Providing that tasting sample to her, we never were charged the corkage fee.

Not the first time I've heard such a story!  It always helps to give the sommelier a taste or your special bottle.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:54 PM, babysteps said:

You can arrange to drop off your bottle ahead of time - they can even open and decant at a given time if you wish.

Also if you know you will drink certain bottles in the restaurants, your can hand over the bottles ahead of time (And corkage may be charged them iirc). Then you can summon the bottle by your cabin number.

We decided it was easier for all to simply carry the bottle from our cabin. 

We have always preferred just to take it ourselves, but if we are in a suite the butler has never let us do so ....