DISEMBARKING IN LONG BEACH

jamscckmc

Hi, returning from a Hawaii cruise in October and the airline has changed my flight to earlier. Our itinerary states we dock at 8. What is your experience with how quickly they start disembarking after docking? I plan on getting the earliest time and carrying my luggage off. Just read though since it’s a journeys cruise there’s no priority disembark.

Not an apples to apples comparison, but on the return from a 4 day to Mexico on the Radiance we were docked by 7am.  We just got in line when they called numbers and were off the ship by 8:15am of course carrying our own luggage.  The line for those that had passports was non existent compared to the long line of birth certificates and we were through customs and outside the terminal in minutes.   Total time was probably less than 10 minutes from getting in line to outside the terminal. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately no priority disembark since it’s a journeys cruise but will try and get a low number and take luggage off. It’s a Sunday so fingers crossed not much traffic to LAX. Wish we could have found a flight to Long Beach but those seem to be non existent from the east coast.

How are you getting to LAX.  Ship transportation, prebook bus to airport?

Buss leave a certain time.  And it’s like a hour to airlines. Then TSA. 
What time is the flight.  Need to be at 11am

• Like 1

My flight was changed from 1:20 to 10:30 which I know is too early. There’s no other direct but there is one with one stop at 11:55. Will probably get a cab as that will be the quickest yet most expensive.

Hoping to get off the ship by 9 and to the airport by 10. It is a Sunday so hopefully no accidents. To use the ship bus your flight has to be 12 or later.

Wondering what others experiences are disembarking at Long Beach and getting to LAX for a flight before noon.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 7:32 PM, jamscckmc said:

Hi, returning from a Hawaii cruise in October and the airline has changed my flight to earlier. Our itinerary states we dock at 8. What is your experience with how quickly they start disembarking after docking? I plan on getting the earliest time and carrying my luggage off. Just read though since it’s a journeys cruise there’s no priority disembark.

When we have had airlines change the time on us we were able to call and have them change it if there was a later flight at no extra charge.

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

When we have had airlines change the time on us we were able to call and have them change it if there was a later flight at no extra charge.

I agree that 10:30 flight is too early.  Recommend you call the airline to change your flight for later.  

Not sure I understood, but if you're saying your 1030am non-stop flight is out and there's a direct flight ( which means one stop in transit no change of plane) @ 1155am then you should be able to make it via taxi, imo. If you both have a KTN with TSA that helps.

If the Skycaps at LAX are curbside in the departures zone they can check you in for your flight and any baggage you want to check as well. Then it's on to security and your departure gate. Good luck

Edited by rainbowflag

Last March on the Panorama we did self-disembark so we could get off early and we still did not get off until almost 10:00.  We got into port on time, but there was some delay with the ship being cleared by customs.  It was incredibly annoying. I have no idea what time everyone else got off. but there were a whole lot of people still on the ship when we left.

In June, we had Priority debarkation off the Panorama with FTTF (on a Saturday). However, we did not carry off our bags. So we were off the ship but had to wait about 20 minutes in the port before we could collect our bags. We got into a Lyft at 10:44 AM and arrived at LAX at 11:29 AM.

I do not see how you could make a 10:30 AM flight - even if you were the 1st person off the ship.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:17 PM, jamscckmc said:

Unfortunately no priority disembark since it’s a journeys cruise but will try and get a low number and take luggage off. It’s a Sunday so fingers crossed not much traffic to LAX. Wish we could have found a flight to Long Beach but those seem to be non existent from the east coast.

The Journey cruises I have been on have had priority disembarkation. In Long Beach I have kept an eye on the gangway and as soon as I saw people leaving I left too.

While others are looking for a shuttle or bus I have jumped in a taxi and gone.

But 10:30 is too early. Especially if you have any reason to go by the ticket counter. These days they are cutting off check in earlier and earlier.

My last 2 cruises out of long beach, one a 7 day Panorama and one a Journey cruise, we were off the ship with priority debarkation and to the Long Beach airport by 10 am.  We took a taxi which was cheaper than Uber and faster.  I don't think you can make a 10:30 flight out of LAX. 

Thanks all. Was not happy when Delta changed my flight from 1:20 to 10:30. 
No other direct flight. For the same price only saw the 11:55 but called and got switched to a 12:30 with an over 2 hour connection In Atlanta. Not happy with arrival at MN since we live 1 1/2 from the airport. Appreciate all the advice!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

No other direct flight. For the same price only saw the 11:55 but called and got switched to a 12:30 with an over 2 hour connection In Atlanta. Not happy with arrival at MN since we live 1 1/2 from the airport. Appreciate all the advice!

Did they change it for you without price change? They have done that for us when the new price would have been much higher. Not sure but I think they maybe have to do that. You can also check before dropping your bags at the airport if you get there early enough whether you can get on the earlier flight

58 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

Is that MSP? I live about that far in Rochester and hate those midnight returns and 6am departures.

Yes, I was surprised they didn’t charge me the several hundred increase in price since it was under 3 hours difference. I live in Pinehurst which is 1 1/2 hours from Raliegh/Durham airport and 2 hours from Charlotte.

At least my flight to LA was changed from 7 to 7:55 so I don’t have to leave for the airport till 4:30am.