World Europa Pro Tips List Requested

MrJulius

Now that the World Europa has settled into her European itinerary and people have had a chance to sail on her with this itinerary, I would like to start a "Pro Tip" thread so that I, and others, can take advantage of the experiences provided by prior sailors.  I would like to keep this to the ship itself and not necessarily the destinations unless a particular destination, or the entire itinerary, has a pro tip regarding the ship.  I thought about this when the thread concerning an overflow Yacht Club restaurant was posted due to the apparent lack of seating in the Y/C restaurant.  That was great information, and a "pro tip". 

I know that a lot of venues, systems, and procedures are on all MSC ships, but maybe some veteran MSC cruisers can point out what is different on the World Europa.

We will be sailing on the World Europa, in Y/C on October 27th, 2023, out of Barcelona, for my wife's 60th birthday.  This will be our 15th or so cruise.  I can't remember and used to laugh at those that couldn't remember.  First time in Europe.

Thanks for any input. 🙂

-MrJulius-

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 4:50 PM, MrJulius said:

We will be sailing on the World Europa, in Y/C on October 27th, 2023, out of Barcelona, for my wife's 60th birthday. 

Have a great time. We will be following you on the 10 November sailing, also in YC. If you get the chance to post some fo your thoughts from the trip, that would be fantastic.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:50 AM, MrJulius said:

I thought about this when the thread concerning an overflow Yacht Club restaurant was posted due to the apparent lack of seating in the Y/C restaurant.  That was great information, and a "pro tip". 

I know that a lot of venues, systems, and procedures are on all MSC ships, but maybe some veteran MSC cruisers can point out what is different on the World Europa.

Thanks for any input. 🙂

-MrJulius-

A lot depends on who the department heads are on board in the YC. For example, we had to leave a port earlier than expected, so dinner would be over crowded had the Maitre ‘D not decide to open the OnePool deck buffet for dinner as well . Offering guests a chance to enjoy dining ‘under the stars’.

Systems and procedures are different from ship to ship, depending on who is on board.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

On 8/10/2023 at 6:47 AM, sverigecruiser said:

Go to Coffee Emporium on deck 8 for great cappucino! It's worth leaving the YC!

My wife would go there at least once a day for their coffee. It was her favorite place to get a coffee. She also loved the tea room on the 7th deck. I loved the martinis served next door.

Went to the juice bar (by the spa) once a day for their fresh squeezed juices usually before or after spa session.

Edited by frank808

24 minutes ago, frank808 said:

My wife would go there at least once a day for their coffee. It was her favorite place to get a coffee. She also loved the tea room on the 7th deck. I loved the martinis served next door.

Went to the juice bar (by the spa) once a day for their fresh squeezed juices usually before or after spa session.

But don't you have to pay extra for this coffee?  I really like Lavazza and their espresso and cappuccinos are included with my Easy Plus package.

22 hours ago, Stockjock said:

But don't you have to pay extra for this coffee?  I really like Lavazza and their espresso and cappuccinos are included with my Easy Plus package.

Sailed in YC, so no charge for the drinks. There was a charge for the food (pastries, macaroons, etc.)