How to Request FCC for Price Drop After Final Payment

lgdesign

I booked through a Travel Agent. 

Do I need to request this through them or can I contact NCL directly?

If I CAN contact NCL directly, does anyone have the link used to request this type of FCC?

Thanks much in advance!

Since  you used a TA, you'll have to go through the TA to get the FCC.

Generally speaking, anything which affects the final price of the booking and the TA's commission must go through the TA.

It's no big deal, just contact  your TA and tell them you've spotted a price drop and you'd like a FCC.

6 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Is it just a myth then that they allow 1 price adjustment after final payment date?   Or just if they decide they want to be nice and allow it?

It's not a myth but not every "price drop" qualifies. The price of an equivalent cabin must be lower and if you chose additional perks (such as BOGO airfare) that discount will be factored in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Is it just a myth then that they allow 1 price adjustment after final payment date?   Or just if they decide they want to be nice and allow it?

I called my TA about a price drop and NCL told her that there had not be a drop since that category was sold out.  I asked the TA to go back and ask NCL how they could be advertising that category for sale on their website if it was sold out.  Opps.  I got the FCC, over a thousand.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, julig22 said:

It's not a myth but not every "price drop" qualifies. The price of an equivalent cabin must be lower and if you chose additional perks (such as BOGO airfare) that discount will be factored in.

Yes, thanks... I'm aware of that.  The airfare and some other things can complicate things.

I have a relatively "streamlined" reservation with no extra perks like airfare and have repriced successfully multiple times prior to final payment.

I just wanted to know how best to go about the process of requesting the FCC these days. 

Edited by lgdesign

13 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I called my TA about a price drop and NCL told her that there had not be a drop since that category was sold out.  I asked the TA to go back and ask NCL how they could be advertising that category for sale on their website if it was sold out.  Opps.  I got the FCC, over a thousand.

Nice try NCL...  glad you were persistent.  That's my middle name when things don't make a lick of sense.  😀

Thanks for all the replies!

1 minute ago, lgdesign said:

Yes, thanks... I'm aware of that.  The airfare and some other things can complicate things.

I just wanted to know how best to go about the process.

Your TA owns your reservation, they would need to contact NCL.

32 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I'd be looking for a new TA that understood what they booked for you and that it was still being sold and didn't have to be asked to go back to NCL. 

10 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I'd be looking for a new TA that understood what they booked for you and that it was still being sold and didn't have to be asked to go back to NCL. 

I won't be looking for a new TA.  This one is great and gives an 8% discount on cruise fares.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Might be a good idea in the future to take a screenshot and send email it to your TA so they have something to refer to when contacting NCL. This could be helpful to prevent the back and forth you had to go through, and prevent the category from actually selling out during that back and forth communication.  

Edited by Candy Apple 12

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

They also do not allow a FCC after final payment if you booked a guarantee.

Interesting.  I was not aware of that.  I booked an inside with FAS but GTY was the only option still.  I'll have to see how things settle out when the time comes (final payment is in a little over 6 weeks).

• 4 weeks later...

It use to be a price reduction was given as an Onboard Credit (OBC), now is it only a Future Cruise Credit (FCC)?  Have cruise booked for Oct 2023, pd in full, saw a little over  $100 pp reduction on our category, called our PCC (never again, he is worthless) told he sent an email to his supervisor asking if we could get anything, never  a reply.  PCC stated the reduction had to be over $200 pp for any consideration after final pymt.  Hey there $200 plus OBC would be appreciated.

16 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

It use to be a price reduction was given as an Onboard Credit (OBC), now is it only a Future Cruise Credit (FCC)?  Have cruise booked for Oct 2023, pd in full, saw a little over  $100 pp reduction on our category, called our PCC (never again, he is worthless) told he sent an email to his supervisor asking if we could get anything, never  a reply.  PCC stated the reduction had to be over $200 pp for any consideration after final pymt.  Hey there $200 plus OBC would be appreciated.

Yes, it's FCC but I've never seen an amount listed. There are copies of the "rules" floating around (and there appear to have been some modifications) but there wasn't an amount listed.