Has anyone ever received a better room than they bid on?

Stockjock

Yes, but there is a big but lol. We bid for and got an upgrade to an oceanview and got it on the same deck as our original inside room, deck 2. When we checked in, they had bumped us to a veranda room, because the deck were were on was the covid isolation rooms. Oh and there were around 600 passengers onboard the Connie/Giant Private Yacht:) One of the best trips we have been on!

I did but was a real fluke.    I got a call the night before the cruise that I had received a "Gratis" upgrade to PH.    I had already been upgraded to a RS but at the last minute the guest in the PH tested positive for Covid and the ships manifest was already closed.   This set off a chain of upgrades -  CS to our RS SS to the CS etc..

• Like 1

Just from Aqua to a Sky Suite to an accessible Sky Suite but it was huge.  And yes we felt bad wondering if we took it away from someone in a wheelchair.  I had to arm wrestle one of the younger pax to get it.

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Just from Aqua to a Sky Suite to an accessible Sky Suite but it was huge.  And yes we felt bad wondering if we took it away from someone in a wheelchair.  I had to arm wrestle one of the younger pax to get it.

I wouldn't feel too bad, as I think, or at least I hope, that the cruise line would first allocate accessible cabins to those truly in need.  If it's not legitimately needed in that way, then sure, assign it to whomever.

We had some bad luck/good luck on a move up bid we did on anEquinox B2B last year. We bid on a balcony from a OCV. We won the bid but were placed in an obstructed balcony. X does not state an obstructed on their move up program. We mentioned to the CS dept and they were unable to move us on our first leg, but gave us a deluxe balcony on our second leg. We were totally pleased. 

• Like 1