8/15 Redeployment and Changes for Equinox/Summit/Apex/Constellation

Jeremiah1212

On 8/15/2023 at 4:01 PM, C 2 C said:

Thank you.  I just got a bit worried .

Connie will do a TA to Barcelona next March and a dry dock immediately after that.

I was hoping to do a B2B after the TA ended but because of the dry dock nothing is available.

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We know. 

But now we get our full deposit back for the Equinox booking. We originally booked the Equinox on onboard another Equinox cruise and never canceled hoping to transfer the deposit to another Celebrity cruise. After we got the better deal on Oceania we booked it too knowing we would get 100% of our deposit back if we canceled. I was prepared to lose the $200  non-refundable deposit on the Equinox booking. So Celebrity did me a favor by canceling.

Edited by terrydtx

I may try Oceania and MSC YC as alternatives to Celebrity. One hesitation I have is not knowing the rules of the road on cruise lines outside of the RCI family. Terry, have you figured out how to maximize the benefits on Oceania? If not then I will be looking for your posts after your trip.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

hoping they will refurb Connie and that she will still sail from Tampa..we would consider that..timing works

We are looking at the Constellation (I assume that's Connie) out of Tampa either late January or mid March 2025 to replace our Summit cruise from San Juan.  As I am quite unfamiliar with Celebrity (just one cruise on "Millie") do you think "Connie" needs a refurb badly? We're not picky so probably wouldn't alter our plans, just curious.