OceanReady Pre-Board Checklist Arrival Status Green Lane, But QR Code States Blue Lane

Retirement2016

29 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Lol…you make me laugh, Susan.

It’s been widely posted last night and today…crazy issues with the App.  Give it a day or two, see if they correct it.  IT is trying to reprogram and it’s causing a lot of errors, color changes on the App, 

I wouldn’t touch it. Thanks for the laugh.  

Ok, but the reason I was checking it is that my app shows the Plus 60 but my online account does not. Wanted to see if online caught up to my app and vise versa...but now the app is messed up. 

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Ok, but the reason I was checking it is that my app shows the Plus 60 but my online account does not. Wanted to see if online caught up to my app and vise versa...but now the app is messed up. 

It’s usually the other way around. But, do you see your package on your travel summary?

If you do, and it’s right, print it out.

So many are complaining that the App is wrong with the packages and the boarding colors in just the last 2 days.

I try to not do anything on the weekends as that’s when they really do updates or programming.

Such a pain.

10 hours ago, cruisers0708 said:

I just logged into my medallion app and my arrival status is now YELLOW.  Previously we were Blue since we pick up medallions at the port.  Our cruise departs next Friday (Crown Princess).  

Anyone know what YELLOW LANE means?

I think that’s the line for the bathroom.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It’s usually the other way around. But, do you see your package on your travel summary?

If you do, and it’s right, print it out.

So many are complaining that the App is wrong with the packages and the boarding colors in just the last 2 days.

I try to not do anything on the weekends as that’s when they really do updates or programming.

Such a pain.

It doesn't show the 2 casual meals online but it did on the app and it also stated that we have Plus60.

6 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

What is Plus 60?

Plus 50 and Plus 60 are short-form terms we use on here to distinguish between those guests who paid $50/pp/day for Plus package and those who paid $60/pp/day.  Princess has similar codes in their systems.

I have a European cruise booked flying to Barcelona 2 days *Oct, 18, 2023 prior to the cruise, air travel handled by Princess. Below is the confirmation email I received after my travel agent ordered the medallions for me and my wife, with an order date of: Feb 2, 2023, 11:23 AM.  Just like we have done on the previous two Princess cruises we have been on.  On our phones, using the OceanReday APP, we were both immediately listed in GREEN LANE for our M1 Class Mini Suite, as expected with shipping to our home.

Late last week, I am confirming that we are still Green Lane on our phones, however my wife is now listed as Blue lane, incomplete Medalion order.  I attempted to complete the order using my phone (she is listed as my travel partner) and also using her phone with her app.  However, when I tried to complete the order, I continued to get the Princess APP error message: "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.  Try again Later"

For numerous days I tried and received the same error.   So I called Princess directly.  A nice lady examined my booking abd explained that they were having a system problem, but she verified that booth of our Medallions were completed and setup for shipment to our home.  She verified my email address and said she would send me an updated confirmation, detailing the Medallions were ordered and would be shipped.  As of today (two days later) I have not received the email she mentioned.

Going back into the OceanReady app on each of our phones, it still describes that her medallion is incomplete, and I get the same message when I try to fix it.

I don't think my travel agent will be able to do anything different than I did, so I am reluctant to call her.  Having my medallion shipped and hers being required t be picked up seems kind of silly and time consuming.

On the Princess website, can I look up the order number "order OCEAN-1517011"?  The OceanReady cell phone APP is really buggy, and I want to nip this in the bud before we fly to Europe.

Any advice would be great.

Thank You

MHAK

Great News Mark!

Your OceanMedallion order OCEAN-1517011 for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation has been received.

You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallion® devices and any products you ordered will be shipped 10 to 20 days before your Princess MedallionClass vacation. Please be sure to wear your Medallion® device to your port of embarkation to allow for an expedited, contactless arrival experience.

We will send a follow up email to notify you when your order is being shipped. Please note that taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at the time of shipment, when you will receive your transaction receipt.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass vacation.

3 hours ago, MKAH said:

I have a European cruise booked flying to Barcelona 2 days *Oct, 18, 2023 prior to the cruise, air travel handled by Princess. Below is the confirmation email I received after my travel agent ordered the medallions for me and my wife, with an order date of: Feb 2, 2023, 11:23 AM.  Just like we have done on the previous two Princess cruises we have been on.  On our phones, using the OceanReday APP, we were both immediately listed in GREEN LANE for our M1 Class Mini Suite, as expected with shipping to our home.

Late last week, I am confirming that we are still Green Lane on our phones, however my wife is now listed as Blue lane, incomplete Medalion order.  I attempted to complete the order using my phone (she is listed as my travel partner) and also using her phone with her app.  However, when I tried to complete the order, I continued to get the Princess APP error message: "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.  Try again Later"

For numerous days I tried and received the same error.   So I called Princess directly.  A nice lady examined my booking abd explained that they were having a system problem, but she verified that booth of our Medallions were completed and setup for shipment to our home.  She verified my email address and said she would send me an updated confirmation, detailing the Medallions were ordered and would be shipped.  As of today (two days later) I have not received the email she mentioned.

Going back into the OceanReady app on each of our phones, it still describes that her medallion is incomplete, and I get the same message when I try to fix it.

I don't think my travel agent will be able to do anything different than I did, so I am reluctant to call her.  Having my medallion shipped and hers being required t be picked up seems kind of silly and time consuming.

On the Princess website, can I look up the order number "order OCEAN-1517011"?  The OceanReady cell phone APP is really buggy, and I want to nip this in the bud before we fly to Europe.

Any advice would be great.

Thank You

MHAK

Great News Mark!

Your OceanMedallion order OCEAN-1517011 for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation has been received.

You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallion® devices and any products you ordered will be shipped 10 to 20 days before your Princess MedallionClass vacation. Please be sure to wear your Medallion® device to your port of embarkation to allow for an expedited, contactless arrival experience.

We will send a follow up email to notify you when your order is being shipped. Please note that taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at the time of shipment, when you will receive your transaction receipt.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass vacation.

When you go to the App and click

On “Choose your medallion wearable “

You should see both names:

Completed medallion orders

Order history: click

Should show history of booking number, as that means you ordered it.

23 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Plus 50 and Plus 60 are short-form terms we use on here to distinguish between those guests who paid $50/pp/day for Plus package and those who paid $60/pp/day.  Princess has similar codes in their systems.

Thx for the clarification.

Does Plus 50 vs 60 make a difference onboard?  Seems like it should not - that Plus should be Plus regardless of the price when you purchased it.  Am I missing something?

And is there the same kind of difference for Premier?

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

When you go to the App and click

On “Choose your medallion wearable “

You should see both names:

Completed medallion orders

Order history: click

Should show history of booking number, as that means you ordered it.

Thank you, that got me to the original Medallion order, which appears that my agent only ordered my medallion. 

However, we were both green lane until last week and since then I can not order a medallion for my wife at all.   I continued to get the Princess APP error message: "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.  Try again Later"

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

Does Plus 50 vs 60 make a difference onboard?  Seems like it should not - that Plus should be Plus regardless of the price when you purchased it.  Am I missing something?

Plus-50 does not have some of the "benefits" of Plus-60 such as the two "free" special ice cream desserts each day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MKAH said:

Thank you, that got me to the original Medallion order, which appears that my agent only ordered my medallion. 

However, we were both green lane until last week and since then I can not order a medallion for my wife at all.   I continued to get the Princess APP error message: "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.  Try again Later"

It probably was not your TA, but a problem with the IT team. 
The same thing happened on one of my bookings snd I KNOW I ordered both medallions.  I had to

order one of them AGAIN and of course pay $10 shipping, as before it was free when originally ordered. I’m standard, no package.  So, I assumed that was one way to make me pay for shipping or pick up at the port.

I would say your issue may have changed with that IT error a few months ago or about 2 weeks ago there have been more changes and with the updates, again affecting the orders of medallions.

You have time.  Just check

periodically, see if it will let you order on the App again for your DW.  

Do you have a beverage package?

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Thx for the clarification.

And is there the same kind of difference for Premier?

I see you got an answer.  Presuming you are aware by now of these main new changes: 1. $5 RS fee; 2. $15 one-time fee to use Ocean Now order/delivery service; 3. Conversion of Alfredo's/Gigi's from free casual dining to for-a-fee casual dining.  None of these are covered under old pricing of Plus/Premier, but are included in the current priced packages.  You can read details of new package inclusions on Princess.com.  There are sizeable threads discussing whether to upgrade to current package and how accepted or not accepted these changes are.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

The same thing happened on one of my bookings snd I KNOW I ordered both medallions.  I had to

order one of them AGAIN and of course pay $10 shipping, as before it was free when originally ordered. I’m standard, no package.  So, I assumed that was one way to make me pay for shipping or pick up at the port.

I would say your issue may have changed with that IT error a few months ago or about 2 weeks ago there have been more changes and with the updates, again affecting the orders of medallions.

Yes, we have the Beverage Plus, WIFI, and Crew Appreciation packages.

Thank you again, you are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Thx Caribill and Steelers36 for the info on the Plus/premium pkgs.  I have no idea which we level we have for our upcoming cruises.  How/where can I check?

Is there a date when Princess switched from purchases of the older plans $50 to the newer $60 ones?  I know the implementation date was something like Aug 12 but I am asking about the purchase date as maybe I can figure out what we have based on when we purchased the cruises.

Many thx!

13 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

Thx Caribill and Steelers36 for the info on the Plus/premium pkgs.  I have no idea which we level we have for our upcoming cruises.  How/where can I check?

Is there a date when Princess switched from purchases of the older plans $50 to the newer $60 ones?  I know the implementation date was something like Aug 12 but I am asking about the purchase date as maybe I can figure out what we have based on when we purchased the cruises.

Many thx!

Dec 14 on is new/current Plus and Premier.  $60 and $80.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Dec 14 on is new/current Plus and Premier.  $60 and $80.

A big thank you!  That is very helpful info and lets me know exactly what I have.  What is confusing is that when I click on packages in the payment section of the app it says Premier for both while we should have one Plus and one Premier but the online cruise personalizer is correct although neither mention the arrangement for dining in places like Alfredo’s.  The challenges of transitioning to the newer approach seem to be showing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

UPDATE,

I called the Princess customer support number and explained the problem which they seemed to completely understand.  However, a short time later I was disconnected....possibly my fault.  5 minutes later, I received an email confirming a Medallion order (delivery) for my wife had been placed.  A quick check on the Ocean Ready APP, and both of as are now Green again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carnevale said:

A big thank you!  That is very helpful info and lets me know exactly what I have.  What is confusing is that when I click on packages in the payment section of the app it says Premier for both while we should have one Plus and one Premier but the online cruise personalizer is correct although neither mention the arrangement for dining in places like Alfredo’s.  The challenges of transitioning to the newer approach seem to be showing.

The first two people in a cabin must have the same package. One cannot have Princess Plus and the other have Princess Premier. So not sure why you think you have or actually have one of each.

However, before the introduction of the Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages which cover more than beverages, there was the old beverage plan (currently named Plus) that had the name Premier which adds to the confusion.

Also confusing is that there currently are the Plus and Premier beverage packages as well as the Princess Plus and Princess Premier more inclusive packages that cost less than the same named beverage packages.

3 hours ago, MKAH said:

UPDATE,

I called the Princess customer support number and explained the problem which they seemed to completely understand.  However, a short time later I was disconnected....possibly my fault.  5 minutes later, I received an email confirming a Medallion order (delivery) for my wife had been placed.  A quick check on the Ocean Ready APP, and both of as are now Green again.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

Currently on the Sky with the Plus package purchased September ‘22.   We had the opportunity the first day to upgrade to the New Plus package for an additional $10 per day.   Chose not to as we have substantial OBC if we decide to eat at Alfredo’s.  No need for room service and I can walk to order a beverage.  

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The first two people in a cabin must have the same package. One cannot have Princess Plus and the other have Princess Premier. So not sure why you think you have or actually have one of each.

However, before the introduction of the Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages which cover more than beverages, there was the old beverage plan (currently named Plus) that had the name Premier which adds to the confusion.

Also confusing is that there currently are the Plus and Premier beverage packages as well as the Princess Plus and Princess Premier more inclusive packages that cost less than the same named beverage packages.

@Carnevale has at least two different cruises booked and different package on each one.

• Thanks 2