Visa

Daleabbey2

2 hours ago, Daleabbey2 said:

Can anyone inform me if Norwegian cruise line get your visas for Egypt  on-block and add the cost to your onboard account I keep getting conflicting information regarding the visa .

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the information, but per NCL's website only Israeli passport holders need a visa for Egypt:

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents#visa-requirements

Israeli passport holders require a visa for Egypt before the cruise.

All other nationalities not mentioned above do not require a visa for Egypt before or during the cruise.

This very recent thread on the HAL board confirms that the cruise line obtained the visa . The thread includes the confirmation of this fact by a very reliable poster, @Heidi13, a retired cruise ship captain, who has gone to Egypt on other cruise lines.

I have to believe that NCL does the same, particularly since their website says you don't have to obtain a visa beforehand.

• Like 2

You definitely need a visa for Egypt. But (at least back in 2009) we got it on the spot (meaning the ship). They collected our passports and got them returned with the visa stamp. The fee was charged to our onboard account. This was Norwegian Jade back then.

steamboats

• Like 1