For all questions regarding Explora

frogfish12

2 hours ago, daleandrews said:

Don't know if this has already been covered -- on board now and falling behind on reading messages -- but another interesting restroom innovation -- the sinks have what appears to be three identical brass spigots.  At first I thought "huh??"  But if you hold your hand under the first one on the right it dispenses soap.  Move on to the middle one and it turns on with water.  Then place your hand under the third one on the left and it shoots out hot air to dry your hands.  (There are also rolled up cloth towels for anyone not interested in an "air dry"!}

Thanks for the sink spigot info

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Absolutely yesyesyes I will experience in one month 1st hand

I am confident it will be EXCELLENT 

How about positivity in our sharing and in posts

Please share your experiences on a separated thread once you are on board. You will be part of a privileged group whose itinerary has not been cancelled. That is certainly positive for you 😉

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Please share your experiences on a separated thread once you are on board. You will be part of a privileged group whose itinerary has not been cancelled. That is certainly positive for you 😉

Will do I will create one once onboard with real feedback. I know that at least one other person who is on CC will also be on board for part of the trip. I did make a reservation for lunch at La Bernardine while docked in NY which i know will be spectacular. I have high hopes for the  cruise. Have been on a fair  number so i do have for good or bad the basis to compare. I board  October 3 in Quebec.

All the best

• Like 6

On 8/30/2023 at 9:23 AM, saminina said:

It's only right that there be MSC and/or YC cheerleaders found on the Explora board.  I'm surprised the number is so low.  Seems like many more outsiders willing to try a new product posting on here.

Absolutely correct i have never been on MSC nor have I posted on CC until my booking on EJ 

I have however been on a variety of cruise ships and cruise lines ranging from Crystal many years ago to Carnival and RCI when raising  kids and more recently  O SS SB and the like

I actually like the info on this board and could do without mean spirited posts

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Will do I will create one once onboard with real feedback. I know that at least one other person who is on CC will also be on board for part of the trip. I did make a reservation for lunch at La Bernardine while docked in NY which i know will be spectacular. I have high hopes for the  cruise. Have been on a fair  number so i do have for good or bad the basis to compare. I board  October 3 in Quebec.

All the best

Impressive restaurant (at a hefty price).  Menu does look wonderful.  On the other hand, NYC has many good "by the slice" pizzerias :).

Hank

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You don't go to Le Bernardin for pizza.  And you don't go to 99¢ by the slice places for good NY pizza.  I'm envious of the lunch you have set up!

Thanks much will be excited to eat there i have wanted to go for many years 

On 9/1/2023 at 8:24 AM, Whipsnade said:

Guess we’ll find out when we enter NY harbour on the 25th when we pass Lady Liberty. All they will tell us on board is they don’t know for sure. 

Checked with EJ a time ago and they confirmed the Manhattan terminal to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris1981NL said:

Checked with EJ a time ago and they confirmed the Manhattan terminal to me.

That is good news.  Strange that they will not give that information to folks who are already aboard.  Not sure anyone signed up for a "mystery cruise."

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Just learned we will be missing Lerwick tomorrow. We already skipped Fort William and Harris. I know these ports can be dicey  but thinking we might be overly cautious. New ship and all that stuff. 

Got to agree the forecast for Lerwick is under 20mph winds and it’s not a tender port. I wonder if it’s to get ahead of other systems to get to Iceland? 

On 9/2/2023 at 4:54 AM, Whipsnade said:

Maitre’d in Fil Rouge reports that they use real maple syrup. It is so thick they must immerse container in warm water or it will not pour. I can report it us served in small ramekins rather than plastic containers like on SS. 

So how’s that Mr Seabourn?

Real maple syrup is not as thick as the fake stuff. No need to immerse it in warm water to pour. I know because I use real maple syrup almost every day.

• Like 4

Re maple syrup. Only know what they tell us. 
Re weather. Only know what they tell us. We are now nearing Faroes in clouds but looks like sun may break through. Calm seas. This captain appears reluctant to take any chances. If we had Captain Dag we would have missed none. 

• Like 1

As you can imagine many guests who are on the seven day cruise are upset we are missing three of the five ports. MSC has graciously offered us all a E300 per person future cruise credit. I am sure some will think this insufficient. Me, I take what is offered and move on. 

1 hour ago, Whipsnade said:

As you can imagine many guests who are on the seven day cruise are upset we are missing three of the five ports. MSC has graciously offered us all a E300 per person future cruise credit. I am sure some will think this insufficient. Me, I take what is offered and move on. 

Disgraceful 

Just looked up our cruise for this December/ January 2 weeks on Explora I Cove Residence. When it first was offered the next lower category was $24,000, but we discovered it had a tub/shower combo and we require a walk-in shower. So to upgrade to the Cove with the first price increase to boot , the Cove went to $36,000. Now our second booked cruise on Explora I for November 2024 was canceled repositioning to Asia and the offer of an extra 30% toward a future cruise is enticing, thought we'd upgarde to Serenity or Cocoon. Found out this morning from our travel agent that the Cove Residence for the same two weeks on Explora II December/January is $60,000 for 2024.

P.S. Champagne wishes and caviar dreams.....

Edited by morpheusofthesea
ps