Premium Plus Beverage Package

crowandzah

Hi! We went on a cruise in Jan of 2023, and the premium plus scotch and bourbons offered could not be found. We have another cruise for 2025, and would like to know if anyone has been on a recent cruise on the Getaway and been able to find the premium plus offerings at whiskey bar. Seems a silly question to ask so early, but we are talking about what upgrades/packages we might add on.

thanks

9 hours ago, crowandzah said:

Hi! We went on a cruise in Jan of 2023, and the premium plus scotch and bourbons offered could not be found. We have another cruise for 2025, and would like to know if anyone has been on a recent cruise on the Getaway and been able to find the premium plus offerings at whiskey bar. Seems a silly question to ask so early, but we are talking about what upgrades/packages we might add on.

thanks

It is very difficult to predict what packages might included from one cruise to another.

Brand availability has been changing on a regular basis, from cruise to cruise and ship to ship.

The package price has increased, and possibly will again by 2025.

With all that said, if I were you, I would go ahead and book the upgrade now, if you see what you like.   Then, closer to the cruise, recheck what is happening to determine if keeping that package fits your needs.

My advice, do not get the package for one or two specific brands. And honestly, the package might not even exist anymore in 2025. But if you are prepared to be a little flexible with what you drink, knowing that they will have "some" high-end brands for you to get your money's worth, then it makes sense to purchase now and lock in the price, because it will 100% go up several times between now and 2025.

• Like 1

I think the best advice is wait until you get on the ship and ask around to see what’s available, not only selections but inventory. At that point you can determine whether or not the package is worth it or not, based on your particular preferences. At that point purchase it on board or don’t. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crowandzah said:

thanks

Repost this message in 2025. Supply chain and economic conditions will be different 2 years from now. For now, assume that things are the same as your cruise a few months ago. 

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

I think the best advice is wait until you get on the ship and ask around to see what’s available, not only selections but inventory. At that point you can determine whether or not the package is worth it or not, based on your particular preferences. At that point purchase it on board or don’t. 

Yes, this is what I did on my last cruise.  I wanted to make sure Macallan was available, so I went to the whisky bar and verified they had plenty.  I then went and upgraded my drink package.  Plus by waiting to purchase onboard, I was able to use OBC to pay for part of it

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 1:07 PM, dbrown84 said:

Yes, this is what I did on my last cruise.  I wanted to make sure Macallan was available, so I went to the whisky bar and verified they had plenty.  I then went and upgraded my drink package.  Plus by waiting to purchase onboard, I was able to use OBC to pay for part of it

If you wait to upgrade onboard to say the free at sea plus, will it be the same price as upgrading now or will it be higher?  Is that bundle only available at that price pre cruise?   First time cruising and am interested in trying different spirits that I normally wouldnt and going back and forth if I want to upgrade or not.. 

On 8/19/2023 at 6:18 PM, crowandzah said:

thanks

We were just on the Getaway, we had to go to specific bars for what we wanted although the Haven bar had everything including Enigma and Johnny Walker Blue. 

16 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

If you wait to upgrade onboard to say the free at sea plus, will it be the same price as upgrading now or will it be higher?  Is that bundle only available at that price pre cruise?   First time cruising and am interested in trying different spirits that I normally wouldnt and going back and forth if I want to upgrade or not.. 

you can't upgrade to free at sea plus onboard.  You have to do it before the cruise.  You can upgrade the individual pieces onboard.  For me, I upgrade the drink package.  And yes, it's the same price as if I had upgraded before the cruise ($29 per day plus 20% gratuity).  I can't speak on the prices for upgrading internet, but I do know that upgrading dining onboard will cost you more since they only offer the regular dining packages onboard vs. the upgrade offers before the cruise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

you can't upgrade to free at sea plus onboard.  You have to do it before the cruise.  You can upgrade the individual pieces onboard.  For me, I upgrade the drink package.  And yes, it's the same price as if I had upgraded before the cruise ($29 per day plus 20% gratuity).  I can't speak on the prices for upgrading internet, but I do know that upgrading dining onboard will cost you more since they only offer the regular dining packages onboard vs. the upgrade offers before the cruise

Awesome, so at least that is the same if I dont want to do the whole package.  May just wait and do the P+