Is there a way to view availability of all cabins?

glorialagos

I struggled with the topic title but I hope someone can understand what my question is.

My friend and I are wanting to book the Feb 4, 2024 cruise on Statendam.  When I get to the "choose your cabin" page, it gives me deck 7 and 2 options.  I am not finding a way to switch to another deck.  Also, I would like to see how any total cabins are available to know if we should book now or can we wait to hope for a special with crew appreciation included?  Our past two cruises were booked during the Black Friday promotion (each was for a February cruise) which included the daily gratuity - which is a nice savings.  However, we don't want to wait too long and risk the chance of the cruise selling out.

Any suggestions?  Should we just go ahead and book without the crew appreciation to guarantee a cabin?  If so, is there a way to see other decks besides the deck 7 option that I am taken to automatically?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You navigate around the search by clicking on the "edit" buttons to the left. Where it shows deck 7, if you click "edit" you will see the other decks that have availability for your category. You can use these edits to change location, deck, cabin. But it may not show full availability.

Alternate,but long, way is to search for a specific cabin number. It will tell you if that cabin is available.

Short way, call a travel agent. Their system allows them to see all available cabins.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, glorialagos said:

I struggled with the topic title but I hope someone can understand what my question is.

My friend and I are wanting to book the Feb 4, 2024 cruise on Statendam.  When I get to the "choose your cabin" page, it gives me deck 7 and 2 options.  I am not finding a way to switch to another deck.  Also, I would like to see how any total cabins are available to know if we should book now or can we wait to hope for a special with crew appreciation included?  Our past two cruises were booked during the Black Friday promotion (each was for a February cruise) which included the daily gratuity - which is a nice savings.  However, we don't want to wait too long and risk the chance of the cruise selling out.

Any suggestions?  Should we just go ahead and book without the crew appreciation to guarantee a cabin?  If so, is there a way to see other decks besides the deck 7 option that I am taken to automatically?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

To change decks select the different deck on the left of the page  

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 8.12.49 AM.png

I had a booking without the crew appreciation included once , after I had booked , HAL ran a promotion with the crew appreciation included in a fare quite similar to what I had booked.

I called HAL and they rebooked it for me with the same cabin and whatever else was originally included as well as the crew appreciation.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, glorialagos said:

My friend and I are wanting to book the Feb 4, 2024 cruise on Statendam.  When I get to the "choose your cabin" page, it gives me deck 7 and 2 options.  I am not finding a way to switch to another deck.  Also, I would like to see how any total cabins are available to know if we should book now or can we wait to hope for a special with crew appreciation included? 

The answer to the title question is, NO. That would be a closely-guarded secret.

I am guessing you are looking at the combined east and west Feb 4 sailing, in a Signature Suite. I just saw exactly ONE, and yes, only on Deck 7. Now when I go to look, I am getting an error, but HAL website has been throwing errors since at least Saturday, so that might not mean the last one is taken!

By looking at the 7-day East and West, I find two Signatures available on both the "halves" of your 14-day. One of them can be made available by Inventory through your TA or PCC.

If you want a Signature Suite, I would suggest you pick one that is showing, and book it now.  

ETA: ps. you will not be able to re-fare to a new perk package, unless there is at least one other cabin of the same class available, as a re-faring is essentially a cancel-and-rebook in the same cabin -- so another has to be available!

Edited by crystalspin

Multi segment cruises are tricky. The cabin inventory is allocated to each segment and you might not find everything online. I'd call a PCC or TA who can work with HAL ship inventory. It's not going to cost you more and it might save some headaches.

Finding the cabin you want is tricky lately as many are showing as already assigned.  Two reasons IMO - First, cruises are selling much better than in the recent past.  Second, HAL recently ran a $1 deposit promotion and I suspect many people took advantage of this to book cruises that they will eventually cancel - I really dislike this promotion for this reason (you may have to stick with cruises past final payment date or at least recheck cabin location then).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The answer to the title question is, NO. That would be a closely-guarded secret.

Actually that is not true...you just have to be a very good computer programmer and be willing to invest the time to reverse engineer the way HAL's website works (there is nothing illegal here...just using HAL's own HTML, JSON and Javascript...stuff that is normally hidden by your browser). 

We only book Pinnacle Suites on HAL, and it is very difficult to find cruises where one is available.  So we developed a Python program that queries every HAL cruise to find which ones have the PS available and summarizes that for us on our own private web page.  We could easily modify the program to show all available cabins on all cruises, but we don't need that.  Sorry, we will not share the program with others, just saying that it can be done.

Thanks to all who responded.

I have the cabin we want on a courtesy hold and plan to book as soon as the AARP verification shows up for obc.  Too risky to wait since we knew the exact cruise and location that we wanted.

I appreciate everyone's assistance!

• Like 1

There is a TA site that displays all cabins available per deck. I find it much easier to scroll through that site than the HAL site. I don’t need to select aft, mid ship, or forward. That site is considerably more user friendly. Since it’s a TA site, I can’t share it.

• Like 1