loyalty programs

Thank you to every ones advice and input regarding P & O Australia.

I have booked a short cruise (will probably book a couple more closer to the date) and was wondering if P & O have a loyalty club like Captains circle with Princess or Crown and Anchor with Royal Caribbean? Or do they match loyalty levels like MSC do?

Also, its an eighties theme cruise, what can I expect?

1 minute ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I have booked a short cruise (will probably book a couple more closer to the date) and was wondering if P & O have a loyalty club like Captains circle with Princess or Crown and Anchor with Royal Caribbean? Or do they match loyalty levels like MSC do?

Easy answer.

NO!

But, you will add to your Princess Captain's circle tier (days cruised & number of cruises), but will not to your Princess days sailed for the most cruised function. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

80's theme - lots of fluoro leggins, shoulder pads and big hair styles, for those that are making an effort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Easy answer.

NO!

But, you will add to your Princess Captain's circle tier (days cruised & number of cruises), but will not to your Princess days sailed for the most cruised function. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Did not know that about most cruised. Seems a bit petty. ☹️

Changed it a little ways back, back a bit before covid. I think there was a couple of brothers that were top of the pops locally for most cruised, but not once their P&O days were taken out.

I am not so sure with brand loyalty, but figure it is hard to be loyal with Princess if you are cruising on P&O. The Sitmar stuff still counts to Princess most cruised loyalty, but not "modern" P&O. 

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Shall i take my glow sticks?

Yes. It is starting to sound like we will need photos.

Sadly though, if you are going for the Xanadu look, you need to leave your skates at home.

I think I would go with a Max Headroom tribute.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes. It is starting to sound like we will need photos.

Sadly though, if you are going for the Xanadu look, you need to leave your skates at home.

I think I would go with a Max Headroom tribute.

MMmmm, I have roller skates in my linen cupboard, from my roller disco days.

I hear that P&O do a white night, back to school night and Gatsby night on most of their longer cruises.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

MMmmm, I have roller skates in my linen cupboard, from my roller disco days.

I hear that P&O do a white night, back to school night and Gatsby night on most of their longer cruises.

Yes, but the format can change around a bit. Gatsby and White night are often on the short cruises too, but I am not sure if that is also on these themed cruises.

Usually the Gatsby night is the dress-up night.

Bianco (white night) is usually a pool deck after dinner party.

Back to school is often a night club theme night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, but the format can change around a bit. Gatsby and White night are often on the short cruises too, but I am not sure if that is also on these themed cruises.

Usually the Gatsby night is the dress-up night.

Bianco (white night) is usually a pool deck after dinner party.

Back to school is often a night club theme night.

They sound like fun. I am looking at a couple of other cruises that aren't themed so I might get that on them. Royal Caribbean and MSC both do white night and 70's night, no one dresses up for the Royal ones. I was surprised that so many people did on the MSC ones.

White night is easy to cover, wont bother with special clothes for the others but will still attend.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Changed it a little ways back, back a bit before covid. I think there was a couple of brothers that were top of the pops locally for most cruised, but not once their P&O days were taken out.

I am not so sure with brand loyalty, but figure it is hard to be loyal with Princess if you are cruising on P&O. The Sitmar stuff still counts to Princess most cruised loyalty, but not "modern" P&O. 

Sitmar cruises don't count towards Princess most travelled passenger status.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Sitmar cruises don't count towards Princess most travelled passenger status.

Thanks. I must have been given a bum steer on my Sitmar cruise, but it was only 10 days worth anyway.

There is also a 'formal night' on P&O (probably just the longer ones?? We haven't cruised under 7 days). Not strictly enforced, but hubby usually dons a jacket and tie and I like to dig out the little cocktail number. Some people do likewise, others don't. Having been in shorts and t shirts all day, it's sometimes nice to glam up a bit at night. Totally our choice and I am definitely not casting aspersions on anyone who doesn't.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

There is also a 'formal night' on P&O (probably just the longer ones?? We haven't cruised under 7 days). Not strictly enforced, but hubby usually dons a jacket and tie and I like to dig out the little cocktail number. Some people do likewise, others don't. Having been in shorts and t shirts all day, it's sometimes nice to glam up a bit at night. Totally our choice and I am definitely not casting aspersions on anyone who doesn't.

I will dress up every night. I love it.