Montreal embarkation

Kate45

Just heard on the news today that Montréal airport will have construction  and closed roads around it beginning this Sunday. For our fellow canadian friends from there, is this going to be a problem getting a cab to the cruise terminal. We fly in to Montreal on Sunday, Sept 3. Can we expect another email from HAL suggesting we purchase a HAL transfer like we did for departure in Boston?

Construction on the airport interchange is scheduled from 27th to 31 st of August, so you should be good beginning of September.

there is an official taxi line at the airport, plenty of taxis, fixed rate 49,45$ canadian + tip, taxis take credit cards

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shirley valentine said:

Does Hal even have a transport option from the Montreal airport ? 

Possibly it’s limited to people who purchased a HAL hotel package. Worth a phone call to see if they sell transfer-only from airport to pier.

We’re sailing Zaandam in September with pre & post packages again and I’ve found it soothing to have potential transfer issues for Montreal and Boston this year in HAL’s hands instead of mine. I’m glad they offer these packages - helpful for older people like me with accessibility issues.

(Passengers don’t have to use Flightease for air, by the way, if they want to buy a hotel & transfers package.)

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

Last we were in Montreal we simply stopped by the HAL transfer desk to get some directions and they offered us transportation on the spot.  We declined and used Uber.  We had flown in three day prior 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lynanken said:

Just checked the cost of HAL transfer from airport to cruise port, the cost is $44.20 per person Cdn.

I think it is a lot cheaper to take a taxi or uber.

If you are solo that is not a bad deal.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lynanken said:

Just checked the cost of HAL transfer from airport to cruise port, the cost is $44.20 per person Cdn.

I think it is a lot cheaper to take a taxi or uber.

Unless your taxi get caught up in traffic with the meter running.

• Like 1