Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Crystal Symphony Sept 1 - Ask Us Your Questions

CruiseCriticAaron

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Unless you are in a suite with a coffee maker and other than room service it would be in a dining venue that you are dining at.

Keith

Unless something has changed with NC, it is (or at least was) possible to order a coffee at The Cove and even in The Avenue.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, comas said:

Pleased to have found this post ~ some of the answers have made me laugh out loud!

Having ascertained that the Bistro closes at 6pm, I’m interested to know where else on board can diners enjoy an after dinner coffee, apart from room service?

I really don’t mind who has the answer. 

Any dining venue should be able to get it for you. I also think that Crystal Cove probably has it available, but I'll double check.

• Like 1

At least pre-refit, among the evening venues besides restaurants, the Cove, Avenue and Palm Court’s bars all has espresso machines too, at least on Symphony.  I’m sure Serenity is similar, and doubt that’s changed since.

Vince

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jdunlop222 said:

I am also interested to see or hear about the 2 types of Aquamarine suites. The website is confusing and I fear “classic” means not renovated. Please let us know.  We go next month and need to decide if I should switch. Thanks so much. 

Yes, on both ships, "classic" does mean suites that have had minimal work - they are basically unchanged except some soft goods. This does not make them "bad". People's opinions vary, but on the Serenity I personally prefer the layout of the classic Aquamarine to the 2018 remodel. Since you mentioned 2 designs, I'm assuming you are on the Symphony. I've only been in the 2017 remodel. My big complaint on it was there was too much big furniture and it was hard to maneuver around.

Patty

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jdunlop222 said:

I am also interested to see or hear about the 2 types of Aquamarine suites. The website is confusing and I fear “classic” means not renovated. Please let us know.  We go next month and need to decide if I should switch. Thanks so much. 

I’ll leave it to others to provide photos for comparison, but Classic does mean it was not renovated this year.  The reason they use Classic though is because different parts of the room were updated at different times.  InSymphony’s case, the cabinetry, table lamps, headboards and bathroom were updated in a couple of previous refits, but the furniture, carpets and artwork were replaced in 2021.  Personally, I prefer the Classic Aquamarines on Symphony to the 2017 ones.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jdunlop222 said:

The two types are as follows

Classic which used to be called PH Suites.  They are on Deck 10.

Aquamarine which were constructed in 2017 and used to be Called Sea Breeze. They are on Deck 9.

Classic have a bathtub.

The ones created in 2017 have a rain shower and no tub and are more contemporary looking.

I only have three photos of the Sea Breeze as when I was last on Symphony I had what was a Seabreeze but now part of the Sapphire family.

IMG_0295.thumb.jpeg.40887112600b0817149db4f1ce432e1f.jpegIMG_0296.thumb.jpeg.49d3de0611f3fdd75d1f80956ed7035f.jpegIMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.49d20959a96093dc9f80b35f75d36148.jpeg

I think there are pros and cons for the two types on Symphony and could go either way.

On Serenity I don't care for the former SeaBeeze and like the Classic Aquamarine.

Hopefully someone has more photos on the Aquamarine from 2017 to expand on the three I've posted as well as the Classic.

Keith

Keith 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, crickette said:

Would you please post the room service menu?  (not breakfast hang tag, assuming they are still being used)

Absolutely - the breakfast hang tag is still being used, but the room service menus have all gone digital now on the in-room tablets. I'll see if I can snap some photos of it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jdunlop222 said:

I'm going to see if there are any empty cabins onboard I can tour from the Classic and Aquamarine styles. But, as has been answered here, Classic has more traditional styling than Aquamarine, which date from 2017. Then there are the new cabins from 2023 that are different still. I actually think it's a neat concept, but I'll see if I can drum up some current photos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseCriticAaron said:

I'm going to see if there are any empty cabins onboard I can tour from the Classic and Aquamarine styles. But, as has been answered here, Classic has more traditional styling than Aquamarine, which date from 2017. Then there are the new cabins from 2023 that are different still. I actually think it's a neat concept, but I'll see if I can drum up some current photos.

Thanks so much. Currently they have cabin 1002 assigned to us if that helps. I really do appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Thank you so much. Currently they have cabin 1003 (classic) assigned to us. Last time we sailed (2018) we were  in a renovated contemporary room and liked it. I don’t want to ask for a switch if the classics have been updated but if the haven’t, I will.  Again, that’s so much for your help. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jdunlop222 said:

Thanks so much. Currently they have cabin 1002 assigned to us if that helps. I really do appreciate it. 

Thank you so much. Currently they have cabin 1003 (classic) assigned to us. Last time we sailed (2018) we were  in a renovated contemporary room and liked it. I don’t want to ask for a switch if the classics have been updated but if the haven’t, I will.  Again, that’s so much for your help. 

According to the deck plan, all of Deck 10 is classified as "Classic" suites in varying categories. I'll see if I can check a few out though so you have a better idea of what they currently look like.

Had a chance to pop into some cabins on Decks 9 and 10 this afternoon:

This is the Classic version of the Sapphire Veranda Suite on Deck 10. It had older (original) light switches and power outlets and the old-school hair dryer mounted to the wall in the bathroom, but did have a tub, shower and bidet:

crystalsymphony_classicSapphire-00583.jpg.d2cae6fea5225b27e4298ebd2b69b384.jpg

And this is the 2017 decor version: newer (2017) style switches and electrics, no tub or bidet but nice stand up shower and more closet space:

crystalsymphony_2017Sapphire-00557.jpg.72524c80ab9e9ac6c9874aad7579e33f.jpg

I hope that helps somewhat in seeing the differences in decor between the two styles.

• Thanks 1