Penthouse suite must dos

D1324tt

2 hours ago, photomikey said:

Now how many in recovery, how many diabetics, and how many who just aren't so addicted to alcohol that they need 10 drinks a day? 

Here is the thing.  Most people who see n drinks per day assume that the n drinks will all be alcoholic.  This is not true.  When we have a package we do have some wine, perhaps a beer and I do like my bloody mary with my breakfast.  However I also like tonic water during the day and maybe a diet coke.  Most of my n drinks are not alcoholic.

DON

• Like 2

Don, what you drink or what you buy means nothing to me, you should drink or not drink whatever you wish (and cheers to that).

I get a little salty when someone suggests that the only people who don't have the beverage package are Mormons.

Lots of folks don't. For lots of reasons. 

• Like 3

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, photomikey said:

Don, what you drink or what you buy means nothing to me, you should drink or not drink whatever you wish (and cheers to that).

I get a little salty when someone suggests that the only people who don't have the beverage package are Mormons.

Lots of folks don't. For lots of reasons. 

But I think you misinterpreted my post. What kicked this off was my statement that most people in a suite would likely have a package. I didn't say all. And just because you have a suite doesn't mean you will always have a package. I support you there.

But I stick to what I said... the demographic of those that take suites is likely to be more likely to have a package than not and perhaps that is why we haven't had much response from those that have suites but no package... because there aren't many of them.

My comments were nothing to do with Mormons, alcoholics or anything else. It was a statement based on finances. Nothing more.

Yes, there are many reasons, financial and non-financial, why someone might not take a package and that is a personal choice. We all enjoy our cruise in our own way and long may it continue. Not everyone will want a package. Not every suite occupier will want a package. Not everyone who has a package has it for the alcohol. Not all package takers are alcoholics.

Can we move on now please?

I just book a Princess cruise in a Penthouse Suite with Premium packages. Back after 12 years. Do you have to sign for drinks if you dont have a plus or premium package? For us it is about convenience of not having to sign and for the 2 SD, wifi and Unlimited casual dining meals. Already booked our SD for the days and times we wanted, again convenience. Looking forward to the 360: An Extraordinary Experience.

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

I just book a Princess cruise in a Penthouse Suite with Premium packages. Back after 12 years. Do you have to sign for drinks if you dont have a plus or premium package? For us it is about convenience of not having to sign and for the 2 SD, wifi and Unlimited casual dining meals. Already booked our SD for the days and times we wanted, again convenience. Looking forward to the 360: An Extraordinary Experience.

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.

I am assuming that you are booked on either the Discovery or the Enchanted since they are the only ones with 360. We find that the casual dining is not all that important with reserve class dining.  We find the service and quality there to be much better the the casual outlets. We like our cocktails and get the Plus package. No we do not have to sign for our drinks

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:35 PM, donswife said:

This is one of the reasons we don't bother with a package.  The numbers simply don't justify it for us.

Or one can always ask "If I'm spending this much on a cruise, why would I need to drink to enjoy it?"  If that's the case, maybe the test of a real vacation would be finding one you can really enjoy with all your faculties intact. 🤪

I have noticed here on the boards, one of the first and most common questions asked are "do they have a drink package?" or "How is the drink package?"  etc.  Probably beats out food  or scenery and destination questions by quite a bit.  Just sayin...

But it does seem to me that a basic drink package...alcohol or not, should come with a suite.  That's the case on many other cruise lines.  I don't particularly being financially nitpicked for a cup of coffee or some sparkling water, and now that they've done away with the coffee package it just makes me less likely to consider Princess if there are alternatives.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Flyinby said:

But it does seem to me that a basic drink package...alcohol or not, should come with a suite.  That's the case on many other cruise lines.  I don't particularly being financially nitpicked for a cup of coffee or some sparkling water, and now that they've done away with the coffee package it just makes me less likely to consider Princess if there are alternatives.

Your suite will come with a fully stocked, one time, minibar.  It will have 10 alcoholic beverages and 10 non.  In addition, the steward will bring you bottled water every night (sometimes includes the first night, other times not).  If you are elite loyalty, you will receive a second complimentary mini-bar.  Often times, that is plenty for a seven day cruise.  It was really nice when you could trade it for a coffee "card" You can still trade it in for a bottle of their "fine" (hmmmm) wine.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Your suite will come with a fully stocked, one time, minibar.  It will have 10 alcoholic beverages and 10 non.  In addition, the steward will bring you bottled water every night (sometimes includes the first night, other times not).  If you are elite loyalty, you will receive a second complimentary mini-bar.  Often times, that is plenty for a seven day cruise.  It was really nice when you could trade it for a coffee "card" You can still trade it in for a bottle of their "fine" (hmmmm) wine.  

In addition, you have the option of mimosas and espresso based coffee drinks included with suite breakfast.  On the Royal class ships suites also have access to the concierge lounge and on 2 ships, an evening at 360, with wine and drinks included.  It is more than enough for us!  If we get a suite on a non-Royal class ship we would consider a package.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, donswife said:

In addition, you have the option of mimosas and espresso based coffee drinks included with suite breakfast.  On the Royal class ships suites also have access to the concierge lounge and on 2 ships, an evening at 360, with wine and drinks included.  It is more than enough for us!  If we get a suite on a non-Royal class ship we would consider a package.

Not enough to get me on a Royal Class ship.  But the 360 is tempting.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not enough to get me on a Royal Class ship.  But the 360 is tempting.  

We ended up in a suite on the Discovery as a move over offer when our cruise on the Diamond was canceled due to delayed deployment of that ship.  DH liked it so much and really wanted to try the Window suite, so we have one booked for November.  I usually prefer the Grand class ships, and don't go in suites when I am with others than DH.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flyinby said:

Or one can always ask "If I'm spending this much on a cruise, why would I need to drink to enjoy it?"  If that's the case, maybe the test of a real vacation would be finding one you can really enjoy with all your faculties intact. 🤪

I have noticed here on the boards, one of the first and most common questions asked are "do they have a drink package?" or "How is the drink package?"  etc.  Probably beats out food  or scenery and destination questions by quite a bit.  Just sayin...

Your "logic" is not even applicable...at least in our case. We enjoy good cocktails/wine on our vacations and home; we also "keep our faculties intact". We're not bumbling lushes as you infer, but thanks for the judgy post...smh

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Your "logic" is not even applicable...at least in our case. We enjoy good cocktails/wine on our vacations and home; we also "keep our faculties intact". We're not bumbling lushes as you infer, but thanks for the judgy post...smh

I was referring to my own criteria, as to why I'd need drinks to enjoy a cruise, if they're already "fun and exciting, enjoyable and educational".  If they're not, without the help of alcohol, then maybe I should look at other options. 

I'm glad you enjoy your cocktails and wine regularly, and I'm sure that makes you the best judge of your faculties (since you mention "judgy").  You do seem a bit edgy about it though, relax.  Since you're comfortable with it, what you think others think of it should not be a concern.

37 minutes ago, Flyinby said:

I was referring to my own criteria, as to why I'd need drinks to enjoy a cruise, if they're already "fun and exciting, enjoyable and educational".  If they're not, without the help of alcohol, then maybe I should look at other options. 

I'm glad you enjoy your cocktails and wine regularly, and I'm sure that makes you the best judge of your faculties (since you mention "judgy").  You do seem a bit edgy about it though, relax.  Since you're comfortable with it, what you think others think of it should not be a concern.

You used "you" not "I" in your original post. That's why I responded. I'm not edgy about it. Enjoy your soapbox and rarefied air up there.😂 I'm very comfortable in my own skin, thanks for the laugh.

The Countess.

24 minutes ago, photomikey said:

It is delicious irony when someone says (in a tone dropping with sarcasm) "enjoy the rarified air up there",  then a half a sentence later signs their comment "The Countess".

“Now how many in recovery, how many diabetics, and how many who just aren't so addicted to alcohol that they need 10 drinks a day?” Was what you previously posted. It’s clear how you feel about alcohol. There’s a myriad of possible reasons why but not one is anyone’s business.

Keep in mind that there’s more to the packages than just alcohol and let’s all refrain from assuming things about those whom we do not know. Not everyone who drinks is addicted to alcohol and, honestly, it’s not anyone’s business how many drinks they do consume with a package. They chose the additional spend.

I think it is clear that drinking alcohol doesn’t mean you don’t remember your trip and abstaining doesn’t mean you remember it better, Lets not have another thread devolve into judgements and insults. I think we all vacation to escape that sort of stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, ravenjls said:

I booked my first suite for a January cruise.  Can I pre book a reservation for your "free" first night dinner on the app without having to pay for it or do I have to wait until after I board?  Thanks!

We are also 1st time in a suite with Princess. So I'm also interested in the answer.

53 minutes ago, ravenjls said:

I booked my first suite for a January cruise.  Can I pre book a reservation for your "free" first night dinner on the app without having to pay for it or do I have to wait until after I board?  Thanks!

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

We are also 1st time in a suite with Princess. So I'm also interested in the answer.

I have never been successful in pre-booking a first night specialty dinner without charge in a suite.

On my upcoming cruise, the app recognized my Premier credits, so I booked the first night using those. I'll fix it onboard - at least they didn't charge my credit card.

You shouldn't have any problem booking onboard. Suite passengers have priority specialty restaurant reservations, and they know to hold some slots for the first night. The only reason I wanted to prebook the first night on this cruise is that I won't be boarding until about 5:00 pm.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ravenjls said:

There is no reason to pre book they leave tables open for full suites

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ravenjls said:

We are in a full suite for our Enchanted voyage in April. I was not successful in booking a first night dinner in a specialty restaurant w/o paying, however I suppose I can get it all worked out once we're on board.

I gave up trying to book first night suite dinner.  Never have been successful.  I am early to board.  I just stop off at the Crown Grill and request a dining time.  Rarely more than a handful of passengers dining at 5 PM.  Or even at 6:30 when we leave.  I would guess the same for Sabatini's.  

ONCE, I was called as soon as I entered the room.  Dine line wanted to know what time I wanted reservations.  

On 9/7/2023 at 9:23 AM, ravenjls said:

Surprisingly, I have been able to pre-book my first night reservation on my last several cruises on the app.  The credit of $78.00 showed and the charge was zero.  We are sailing Sept 16 on the Majestic and could not book on the app on the iphone so I used the web version as if I had no smartphone it worked.  Could not find any openings for The Catch so I am hopeful that I will be able to make a reservation once on board with the concierges' help.  You might try using the web version and see if works for you that way.

7 hours ago, nnzz said:

Surprisingly, I have been able to pre-book my first night reservation on my last several cruises on the app.  The credit of $78.00 showed and the charge was zero.  We are sailing Sept 16 on the Majestic and could not book on the app on the iphone so I used the web version as if I had no smartphone it worked.  Could not find any openings for The Catch so I am hopeful that I will be able to make a reservation once on board with the concierges' help.  You might try using the web version and see if works for you that way.

I’ve managed to book first night dinner for four  in The Catch on the app.  Couldn’t believe it, all four in suites and it “got it”.  No charge.  The app must have been having a good day that day!  

• Like 2

How do I see the MDR menu on board in case I fancy dinner in our cabin one evening?  I know it’s not on the app.  Do I have to go to the restaurant, see a posted menu outside, take my pencil and make notes?  Surely not.  TV maybe?  Might never do it but it’s a perk so maybe after a long day ashore it would be a treat.

• Like 1