Labor Day Upgrade Sale

FetaCheese

8 minutes ago, flyer79 said:

Just got a brochure today with the Upgrade Sale.   Lots of intriguing itineraries but alas not the specific one we are interested in.   I had my TA get a quote and she came back with exactly the website fare but did include OCAPP pre-paid gratuities.

Has the sale started yet?

I don't think so.  I looked at one itinerary that interested me and the current website fare corresponds to the 'was' fare in the brochure.    I only asked my TA about a sailing that did not appear in the brochure.

33 minutes ago, flyer79 said:

Just got a brochure today with the Upgrade Sale.   Lots of intriguing itineraries but alas not the specific one we are interested in.   I had my TA get a quote and she came back with exactly the website fare but did include OCAPP pre-paid gratuities.

Next week we are on board and I am planning to visit the cruise desk and get a quote.  Any ideas on what I should expect?   Does there tend to be any advantage to book while on board?

Thanks as always!

If cruise on Summer Sale, last day is 31 AUG.  In many cases, sum sale has lower fares.

• Like 1

In the brochure it says: Book now, sale ends September 30, 2023. I haven’t checked the prices against the website as our April, 2024 cruise is not included and there’s nothing else that interested us to make a booking at this short notice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyer79 said:

I don't think so.  I looked at one itinerary that interested me and the current website fare corresponds to the 'was' fare in the brochure.    I only asked my TA about a sailing that did not appear in the brochure.

That make more sense than your previous post

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyer79 said:

Next week we are on board and I am planning to visit the cruise desk and get a quote.  Any ideas on what I should expect?   Does there tend to be any advantage to book while on board?

In the past (= no promises!) there has been OBC (I've seen from $100 to $500), a price guarantee (if the price is lower later you got the lower price even if your category was waitlisted), and a discount that depended on category and length of cruise (maybe $100 to $1500 if I remember). Maybe someone onboard can chime in with any updates, corrections, or additions.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

In the past (= no promises!) there has been OBC (I've seen from $100 to $500), a price guarantee (if the price is lower later you got the lower price even if your category was waitlisted), and a discount that depended on category and length of cruise (maybe $100 to $1500 if I remember). Maybe someone onboard can chime in with any updates, corrections, or additions.

and a one-time change to another cruise with no penalty.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Do we know for sure that you will be unable to do this with the new policy? 

When you  book onboard  clarify   with the  ambassador    & read the fine print

I would  think  they would still allow you to change  your booking ONCE   as it is now

but  things are changing at O so best to  check the fine print 

never assume

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

When you  book onboard  clarify   with the  ambassador    & read the fine print

I would  think  they would still allow you to change  your booking ONCE   as it is now

but  things are changing at O so best to  check the fine print 

never assume

I read the fine print on my FCC, it allows one change.    I bought it in January of this year. 

• Like 1

Ok--we purchased a 12 day on Vista leaving Jan19 from MIA.  Got the Simply More package. A3 cabin.

Purchased it about 2 weeks ago. So I saw the Labor Day sale and on some sites it said gratuities were included.  Called my TA and he called Oceania and they threw in the free gratuities ($216 each)!  Oceania said since we purchased within the last 30 days they could make that change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

Ok--we purchased a 12 day on Vista leaving Jan19 from MIA.  Got the Simply More package. A3 cabin.

Purchased it about 2 weeks ago. So I saw the Labor Day sale and on some sites it said gratuities were included.  Called my TA and he called Oceania and they threw in the free gratuities ($216 each)!  Oceania said since we purchased within the last 30 days they could make that change.

May be a perk  from the travel agency  via Oceania  in lieu  of  an upgrade

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Do we know for sure that you will be unable to do this with the new policy? 

I wasn’t clear with this question. Moving forward, will O allow you to change a booking one time on bookings post Sept 1, without penalty? 

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

I wasn’t clear with this question. Moving forward, will O allow you to change a booking one time on bookings post Sept 1, without penalty? 

I understood your  question & my answer still stands

I thought this topic is about Labor Day category upgrade sale.

But maybe , it is relevant.

To get a benefit from the upgrade sale, you need to cancel and rebook? but if you cant cancel and rebook without paying the penalty of 150 pp, then maybe the sale is not all that great.

Am I on the right track here and this is why the discussion is about changing bookings?

59 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I understood your  question & my answer still stands

I appreciate your answer and am not disputing it. My question was if anyone were to book on this new Labor Day sale, would the deposit be available to to be transferred once as it was in the past without penalty with the new cancellation policy. 
To johnthomas point, would be a new date on a rebooked cruise with the Labor Day Sale, fall under the new cancellation policy with a non refundable deposit. 

Edited by Vineyard View

8 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I appreciate your answer and I am not disputing it. I don’t understand this response.  I wasn’t talking about booking on board. I was referring to any booking moving forward. 

When is your cruise?

You can book the labour day sale   before Sept 30th

So many new rules  now  best to ask when  you book onboard  to see if the old rules will still be valid  or if that has changed