Elite Happy Hour - guests?

eengel34145

We attended several times on the Crown Princess recently. (Skywakers)

Drink specials were as above - $8/drink.

Buffet always had cheese and crackers, one or two other cold items, and one hot item in individual dishes.

We often were greeted by name, so someone is checking medallions. We also heard someone being turned away at the door one evening.

1 hour ago, blizzard44ca said:

We attended several times on the Crown Princess recently. (Skywakers)

Drink specials were as above - $8/drink.

Buffet always had cheese and crackers, one or two other cold items, and one hot item in individual dishes.

We often were greeted by name, so someone is checking medallions. We also heard someone being turned away at the door one evening.

That must have been a busy evening. 

4 hours ago, Oxo said:

If you have the Plus or Premium can you order any drink in there?

Attending just for the view or company.

TIA

Yep. If we attend when we have a package we order as usual and get whatever we like.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, zumbagold said:

Thank you for this update! What hours are they offering this get together. 

Usually begins about 4:30pm and runs to about 6:00pm I think.  We have not gone in ages.  Ends up being close to dinner and don't need more food.

ETA:  If you qualify, you will receive a card with invitation and the voyage schedule.

Edited by Steelers36

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Usually begins about 4:30pm and runs to about 6:00pm I think.  We have not gone in ages.  Ends up being close to dinner and don't need more food.

ETA:  If you qualify, you will receive a card with invitation and the voyage schedule.

Agree go up the first or second day of the cruise to check it out around 5, seems the food is boring/drink menu not interested in, and not much going on there. Prefer the atrium. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gvre said:

Agree go up the first or second day of the cruise to check it out around 5, seems the food is boring/drink menu not interested in, and not much going on there. Prefer the atrium. 

It's just not the same as it use to be a few years ago. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:30 PM, MissP22 said:

As you say, no one ever questions the people attending the happy hour even in past years even when it was more crowded. I think they're just happy to sell drinks & couldn't care less who's there. 

They were definitely checking on the Caribbean last week. Also when we were on the Enchanted in May and June. On that cruise though the future cruise/loyalty person told us to feel free to bring the friends we were traveling with on our second leg as guests.

On 8/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’m on the Emerald now and have gone to the lounge most nights. There has been someone at the door every night I presume checking your status as they have their reader thingy. 

The food has been, in my opinion, quite nice. It is in skywalkers so lovely venue. Well attended but easy to socially distance. We are experiencing an uptick in CoVid on board (stewards have busted out the bleach in large quantities). Not surprising on day 10 of a 19 day sailing. 

I took a picture of the drink specials. They have been the same every night. 

IMG_4865.jpeg

We went every night it was held on the Ruby recently!  It was excellent … they served samosas (so yummmy) and spring rolls (again, so yummmmy), raviolis, sliders, quiche, etc as their hot dishes and always had an array of cheeses, dried fruit and nuts (one night there were macadamia nuts), as well as crudities with dressing and some kind of vegetarian salad.  We only made it into the MDR once as the tapas were our dinner most nights.  
Plus, one of the bar supervisors, Frank,  was super talented … played the ukulele and sang songs for the guests!  It was a don’t miss event as far as I was concerned.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We were on the Royal last week and were invited as Ruby due to low numbers of Elite and Platinum. As our next cruise is 15 days and we will be Platinum, we went the last 2 nights to see. There was very sparse attendance, maybe 8 people. The piano player was good and the snacks were tasty. DD and I enjoyed the beverages as a change from our usual, DH ordered his usual. It is definitely an event we will go to again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On our cruise Mar/Apr of this year on the Crown, it was held in Club Fusion.  I go by myself as my hubby is usually napping.  I thought the nibbles were just fine and since we had the Plus package I could order whatever drink I wanted.  Sometimes I just read my Kindle and other times chatted with other passengers.

18 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We went every night it was held on the Ruby recently!  It was excellent … they served samosas (so yummmy) and spring rolls (again, so yummmmy), raviolis, sliders, quiche, etc as their hot dishes and always had an array of cheeses, dried fruit and nuts (one night there were macadamia nuts), as well as crudities with dressing and some kind of vegetarian salad.  We only made it into the MDR once as the tapas were our dinner most nights.  
Plus, one of the bar supervisors, Frank,  was super talented … played the ukulele and sang songs for the guests!  It was a don’t miss event as far as I was concerned.  

We will be Elite after our next cruise in Feb. We have been cruising with Celebrity the past 12 years. We are booked in a suite with premium package. What I'm hoping is to meet others that cruise a lot. Hear their stories, thoughts, where their next cruise is going. Their favorite boutique hotel. While the food is great and I will be eating appetizers with my glass of wine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

We will be Elite after our next cruise in Feb. We have been cruising with Celebrity the past 12 years. We are booked in a suite with premium package. What I'm hoping is to meet others that cruise a lot. Hear their stories, thoughts, where their next cruise is going. Their favorite boutique hotel. While the food is great and I will be eating appetizers with my glass of wine.

We used to cruise quite a bit with Celebrity before the pandemic and are elite with them, as well. I loved the happy hour up on the observation lounge back then.  So many yummy appetizers being brought to our table.  Since the return to service, we’ve mainly just cruised on Princess with one celebrity cruise a couple of months ago.  Nothing was the same as we knew it.  It wasn’t a bad cruise, we just feel like Princess suits us so much better now.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

More elevated than the once or twice we dropped in pre-pandemic (not sure which ships, but shouldn't matter).

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

More elevated than the once or twice we dropped in pre-pandemic (not sure which ships, but shouldn't matter).

Yes, I’ve been really impressed this year (we’ve been cruising about once a month this entire year).  This year, by far the best with the entertainment, the food and availability of decent drinks.  

• Like 2