LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

So random Georgia guy we’ve spoken to several times this cruise… his wife fell off an ATV yesterday and broke her hip. Whole mess. She’s in medical until we port… getting morphine. He wants to get her back to Georgia. They are telling him he would have to get a charter flight for that. She also has a concussion. 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So random Georgia guy we’ve spoken to several times this cruise… his wife fell off an ATV yesterday and broke her hip. Whole mess. She’s in medical until we port… getting morphine. He wants to get her back to Georgia. They are telling him he would have to get a charter flight for that. She also has a concussion. 

Wow! That’s terrible.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Wow, that's tough. Hope everything works out for her, and they have travel insurance. 😎

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Wow, that's tough. Hope everything works out for her, and they have travel insurance. 😎

We just started getting trip insurance at the age of 68. Before that we didn’t think we needed it. Duh!  Now we get the annual policy from Allianz. I’m trying to convince our travel partners for next years cruise to at least get the medical evacuation coverage. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s nice, but not Vista class nice. 

I think the thing that bothers me most is not having any of the aft balconies for Havana. I'm not sure I want to go for an Excel suite yet. Can you tell if the Excel pool area gets crowded?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Crazy thing is… they have the Carnival protection… but they won’t medivac her. And they think this break is enough for a full replacement. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Traveling solo, my biggest fear.

Edited by luvcruzing
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Oh for sure but maybe don’t do the ATV excursion at 65. No judgement on age, just thoughts. 

I was going to add that to my post, but didn’t want anyone to think I was judging.  Nope. Not doing anything like that.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Crazy thing is… they have the Carnival protection… but they won’t medivac her. And they think this break is enough for a full replacement. 

I’ve never cruised carnival but I googled their vacation protection package and this is in every article I found. I hope he pushes this…unless he bought a lesser protection package,

• Emergency Evacuation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you will be provided up to $30,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport.
  • Like 9