exchange drink package

tcc8v

I was booked on a Celebrity fare that includes the classic drink package.  My wife and I don't drink much.  Can we exchange this package for the lower cost zero proof package?  Or do we have to upgrade (and pay more) to the premium package.

In the alternative, on my last Royal Caribbean cruise, my Celebrity elite status entitled me to 4 free drinks per day.  Is there a similar benefit on Celebrity?

Celebrity Elite get unlimited drinks from the Captains Club menu at most bars from 5-7 nightly except for embarkation day.

In the past there were mixed results with people trying to go from Classic Alcohol package to the premium non-alcohol package which is similar to what you are wanting to do.

1 hour ago, tcc8v said:

I was booked on a Celebrity fare that includes the classic drink package.  My wife and I don't drink much.  Can we exchange this package for the lower cost zero proof package?  Or do we have to upgrade (and pay more) to the premium package.

people have reported that they have successfully changed the classic/basic drink package to the zero proof package.  Recommend you or your TA take care of it pre-cruise. 

1 hour ago, tcc8v said:

In the alternative, on my last Royal Caribbean cruise, my Celebrity elite status entitled me to 4 free drinks per day.  Is there a similar benefit on Celebrity?

As @wrk2cruise said, there are free drinks for Elite and above Captains Club members where drinks from a Elite Happy Hour menu are provided at most bars.  Unlike Royal Caribbean these free drinks are not available in the dining room.  

11 hours ago, tcc8v said:

Not the answer to your question but curious, if you don't drink much (which I translate to mean alcohol) what would the motive be for paying to upgrade to premium (if you can't exchange to zero).  There are many things included in the Classic, though of course there's a bit more in the Premium like Evian and Perrier and 'real' OJ.

It does sound like others have done the exchange to Zero package though so hopefully you can do that.  It really should be presented as an option upon booking AI... Classic Package or Zero Proof no matter the age.  Happy sailing!

Edited by poffles

The premium package includes the nonzero package whereas the classic package does not.  If I can't exchange the classic package to the nonzero package, it is cheaper to upgrade to premium than to buy a fresh nonzero package.

48 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

I can’t imagine paying the per day price to get premium would outweigh just buying whatever non-included sodas a la carte would be if one isn’t interested in drinking upgraded alcohol. 

It could be they prefer premium waters, smoothies, energy drinks, fresh juices and vitamin water.  

• Like 1

I called Celebrity Guest Services this week on this exact question.  Yes they will exchange the Classic package if desired.  At least according to the Rep I talked with.  However, the only benefit was premium water, so we stayed with the Classic package.

27 minutes ago, thorntor said:

I called Celebrity Guest Services this week on this exact question.  Yes they will exchange the Classic package if desired.  At least according to the Rep I talked with.  However, the only benefit was premium water, so we stayed with the Classic package.

There are more differences than just water.  But if you don’t want smoothies, energy drinks, Red Bull. Fresh juice then the Classic works.

I know this isn't the ask but perhaps of interest (subject to change daily 🙂 ) 

Classic:
Non-premium bottled water

Specialty Coffees & Organic Teas
Sodas (Coca Cola products)

Juices

Premium (and Zero):
Premium bottled water (Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino, Panna)
Specialty Coffees & Organic Teas

Sodas (Coca Cola products)

Juices
Red Bull Energy Drink
Frozen Smoothies
Vitamin Water
Bottled Iced Teas

• Like 1