Refund if using a third-party site in case of itinerary change?

Booked for LOS this Saturday and just got notice that the itinerary has changed from Bermuda to Maine/Nova Scotia.  I booked using RCL so can get a full refund, however, my sibling booked using a popular outside source.  Anyone know if the outside source will offer the same terms as RCL?  

From the email:

"but we know this isn’t what you had planned. If you decide not to join us on this sailing, there is nothing for you to do. You’ll automatically receive a full refund, including any non-refundable deposits, to the original payment on file within 14 business days after the end of our sailing."

Haven't been able to touch base with her yet, but figured this is the group that might know before we start making calls.

Thanks in advance!

33 minutes ago, ColumboRocks said:

Booked for LOS this Saturday and just got notice that the itinerary has changed from Bermuda to Maine/Nova Scotia.  I booked using RCL so can get a full refund, however, my sibling booked using a popular outside source.  Anyone know if the outside source will offer the same terms as RCL?  

From the email:

"but we know this isn’t what you had planned. If you decide not to join us on this sailing, there is nothing for you to do. You’ll automatically receive a full refund, including any non-refundable deposits, to the original payment on file within 14 business days after the end of our sailing."

Haven't been able to touch base with her yet, but figured this is the group that might know before we start making calls.

Thanks in advance!

The refund will go back to the credit card used.

If your credit card showed a charge for the cruise from Royal Caribbean then you will get the refund.

If your credit card showed a charge for the cruise from the travel agency (it shouldn't as that is only allowed in certain unique situations for North American bookings) then the refund would go to the agency.

2 hours ago, ColumboRocks said:

If I have scheduled time off to go on a cruise, I really don't care where the ship goes.... I am going with it. We always book around this time of year,,, fully understanding that it is the absolute peak of hurricane season and there is a risk of being diverted. We just go where the ship takes us.

Most cruise lines offer little or nothing for a reroute due to a hurricane, and it is very very very generous for RCCL to be offering a refund. The last time we were rerouted, we were sailing from Bayonne to Bermuda and ended up in Canada. We got 2 days notice, no option to cancel. We got some OBC from Royal. We repacked for the cooler Canadian cruise,,, but there were some who did not read their email and showed up at the terminal in shorts and t-shirts expecting to go to Bermuda as the hurricane was closing in. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If I have scheduled time off to go on a cruise, I really don't care where the ship goes.... I am going with it. We always book around this time of year,,, fully understanding that it is the absolute peak of hurricane season and there is a risk of being diverted. We just go where the ship takes us.

Most cruise lines offer little or nothing for a reroute due to a hurricane, and it is very very very generous for RCCL to be offering a refund. The last time we were rerouted, we were sailing from Bayonne to Bermuda and ended up in Canada. We got 2 days notice, no option to cancel. We got some OBC from Royal. We repacked for the cooler Canadian cruise,,, but there were some who did not read their email and showed up at the terminal in shorts and t-shirts expecting to go to Bermuda as the hurricane was closing in. 

There are people that live on the east coast of Canada and want to cruise to Bermuda, not back to their home.

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

There are people that live on the east coast of Canada and want to cruise to Bermuda, not back to their home.

Understood, fully.  As it's that time of the year, it's not always possible. Ports are NEVER a guarantee and I wish more folks knew this before booking. 

• Like 1