Anyone know Confirmed or new changes with ordering additional entree's at celebrity[Specialty Restaurants]?

numnums

Hi, thinking about buying another dinner reservation for steakhouse on the ascent, I'm seeing that there's a 20$ surcharge for additional entree's.

Is this a new feature? I remember back in the Eden last December I was able to order additional dishes for no charge.

Is this surcharge only in the steakhouse? Will it be in every restaurant? Anyone currently have experience ordering additional entrees or in general?

I believe Tuscan Grill on the M & S class ship had 1or 2 items with a uncharge.  Just checked Fine Cut Steak house and the Eden menu for the current Beyond sailing and didn’t see any upcharge or note of a charge for a 2 nd entree.  Where are you seeing this? 

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I believe Tuscan Grill on the M & S class ship had 1or 2 items with a uncharge.  Just checked Fine Cut Steak house and the Eden menu for the current Beyond sailing and didn’t see any upcharge or note of a charge for a 2 nd entree.  Where are you seeing this? 

I saw this after Examining the Sample menu for the Fine cut Steakhouse grill. Hopefully it's something that's written but never implemented? This is on the Ascent sailing. When I get on board I'll probably double check and ask/see if there had been any changes in 3-4 months. I also heard of people able to eat multiple lobsters in specialty restaurants, we will see!

image.thumb.png.f504126186c37d3505975460c16f2026.png

1 minute ago, numnums said:

I saw this after Examining the Sample menu for the Fine cut Steakhouse grill. Hopefully it's something that's written but never implemented? This is on the Ascent sailing. When I get on board I'll probably double check and ask/see if there had been any changes in 3-4 months. I also heard of people able to eat multiple lobsters in specialty restaurants, we will see!

image.thumb.png.f504126186c37d3505975460c16f2026.png

I couldn’t see any extra  charge on the app.  We have ate at Eden and Fine Cut and couldn’t finish the dessert so the thought of ordering multiple entrees never crossed my mind.  If there was a charge I didn’t notice it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I couldn’t see any extra  charge on the app.  We have ate at Eden and Fine Cut and couldn’t finish the dessert so the thought of ordering multiple entrees never crossed my mind.  If there was a charge I didn’t notice it.

The desserts usually don't appeal to me that much so I usually double up on apps or entrees+I always ask for another plate to have delivered to my room for a midnight snacking!

If you didn't notice anything it may just be something that has never been enforced(as of yet) or an official change then. Yumm!

5 minutes ago, numnums said:

The desserts usually don't appeal to me that much so I usually double up on apps or entrees+I always ask for another plate to have delivered to my room for a midnight snacking!

If you didn't notice anything it may just be something that has never been enforced(as of yet) or an official change then. Yumm!

They will deliver a plate of what to you later? I’ve never heard of that, or are you a suite guest?

I've heard there is a limit of 1 entree but no issues with multiple starters etc.   We have also had no issues in Tuscan with ordering 1/2 orders of pasta dish or Chicken Parm with a Filet entree.   These 1/2 orders are generally shared with the table.

Edited by wrk2cruise

41 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

They will deliver a plate of what to you later? I’ve never heard of that, or are you a suite guest?

I was just an inside room guest, it was on the apex. My friend liked the ceviche and ahi taretare, so i asked if we could have another plate to go. They usually give it to me in a box like packaging to take to my room myself, or have someone else deliver the leftovers/extras in the room. It was sitting pretty on the desk!

• Like 1

I believe that there has always been an extra charge in Fine Cut for a second entree. The charge was listed on the menu on our 2019 sailing. This only applied to Fine Cut and not the other speciality restaurants. No extra charge for additional appetizers and desserts.

Edited by DUTRAVEL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

In May when we ate at Eden,   Our waitress was bringing additional entree's and deserts without us ordering.     I had order the Lobster and Iain the Sea Bass.   She brought an extra Lobster dish for him and said you have to try this.    

I couldn't initially decide between two deserts finally settling on the Lemon Tart -   She brought the Strawberry desert also and said -- oops.    She was a real character.