Jim_Iain - Le Bellot 9/11/2023 - Live Post - First timers on Ponant

Jim_Iain

Since we don’t board until 4pm we walked down to the pier and Le Bellot is there.  Beautiful ship. 

I talked to security at the one lane road out to the pier and he advised that at 4 they open and allow Cabs and Uber to drive out to the pier where you drop off feet from the ship. 

IMG_6607.thumb.jpeg.7f158371b2128d8baab77280aeb6cd3d.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, peanut head said:

Thank you for taking us along...both, on this forum and the ship😃.  As many, I will be excited to hear your views on line other than Celebrity.  Best!

Thank.  Feel free to drop in and ask questions and comments. 

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL --- No... but I use to have about 5 different colors.    After my eye surgery I just have one pair now.   The reason for so many was that as I got closer to surgery I had to get 5 new prescriptions in less than a year. 

Yesterday someone in the elevator said I should have put on my Purple shirt... We looked down and both Iain and I were in Purple.    Definitely not planned but we often ask "What Color are you wearing today"  so we don't look like the Bobsy' Twins.

Sorry, couldn't resist - again!

Can't believe how many Wiggles there are now. Sure they have spots for you and Iain 😅

IMG_6448.thumb.jpeg.9074ef78ba79893ab229141a2fa0303d.jpeg

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Le Bellot is such a beautiful ship! Hopefully embarkation was smooth and you're sailing off to your first destination now. Looking forward to the updates when time and WiFi allow.

Thanks much

Embarkation was easy, efficient and was surprised by how friendly the staff are.   We departed  a little early and as you know the long briefings and safety drill were conducted -   It was 7:30 before the were done with all that and the briefing on the Excursions for today.

• Like 1

Embarkation was a breeze and very efficient -

Pier side they did security scans of you suitcases but was a bit surprised at the  relaxed security of boarding.    We were told just to carry our hand luggage that wasn't scanned and then on board just told to walk thought the metal detector with our bags and even though ringing didn't pat us down.   Oh well no pirates aboard

IMG_6641.thumb.jpeg.143af7a0be2d7955c2d951d59835361d.jpeg

IMG_6619.thumb.jpeg.5ecaf65b76a4cc3d349c94d4e4d3d223.jpeg

IMG_6621.jpeg

IMG_6628.jpeg

IMG_6633.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 6

I will be posting Menus and Dinner here on Ponant board. 

IMG_6675.thumb.jpeg.301d70ac5a5f07e9ebb2307af20761e6.jpeg

IMG_6676.thumb.jpeg.c6aaebeaee1dfedd6db85d10ce81c588.jpeg

Iain had the Pate

IMG_6677.thumb.jpeg.854c72141e05037ad9e701ae510b7339.jpeg

I chose the octopus- incredible and cooked to perfection.  

IMG_6678.thumb.jpeg.7ffc6b50308adab20be1fba634082ec3.jpeg

For mains Iain had the pasta and I had the soft shell crab.  We both thought our entree’s were so so. 

One thing I wasn’t prepared for is they also wanted our desert orders at the same time as you order your main meal. 

I think I caused some confusion by asking the waiter if I could change the desert when he delivered our entrees.   He came back and sat our deserts next to our dinner.  

The Maitre’d stopped by and asked if we had wanted our desert with our dinner.  We all laughed and I said I think I confused the waiter.  He apologized and said he would talk with the waiter.  

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_6682.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pantheral said:

Jim,

I hope the two of you have a wonderful day on Mackinac Island!! I know that the Grand Hotel is a special place for you and I hope you experience it in all its beauty. Oh, and by the way, the rest of the island is wonderful as well 😁

We hope to explore all of it.  But only have 5 hours. 

Internet has been discussed here,  some saying it is terrible and others say it is ok.  

Silicon Valley time.  

Speeds a bit slow and definitely Le Bellot does not have StarLink yet. 

IMG_6684.thumb.jpeg.881979c92c43cd0e1b8080c45b43790d.jpeg

I tried Zoom on my iPhone and was able to connect but of course wasn’t having a meeting. 

I tried to stream YouTube TV on my phone but could load but too choppy to watch.  

I also tried to use the extra HDMI ports but they have them locked.    I could however unplug the ships HDMI and connect my pc 

I warn you, I’m a techie and always playing with technology.    

I have a Plex server on pc and can watch stored movies, tv shows etc.  

• Like 2

It was a bit cold this morning so had lunch at the main dining room.  Iain had a chicken salad and I had PARMENTIER - Braised beef with potatoes and cheese

IMG_6712.thumb.jpeg.3474cb0d377f7c4bbed2b8a5724e1438.jpeg

The have a self serve area for salads, antipastos, cheese and deserts IMG_6718.thumb.jpeg.a970354f8077ae7a80c6aebc43b10ddb.jpeg

IMG_6715.thumb.jpeg.f119fb00458f12e0c7a6070bc7c84f29.jpeg

IMG_6718.thumb.jpeg.a970354f8077ae7a80c6aebc43b10ddb.jpeg

IMG_6716.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Your beef lunch dish looks like perfect comfort food on a chilly day 😋. How did it taste? 

It was delicious.  Kinda like our go to Scotch Comfort food - Mince and Tatties.  

I find Ponant serves the perfect portion size for us.  

• Like 1